• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really think of many shows where the OP ISN'T better looking than the average episode

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
leave it to Genndy to make a buddy cop show between a caveman and a raptor

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of a weird thing, well I guess it's a good thing if adult swim starts investing in stuff like this for their regular programming as well, they can't rely on rick and morty and family guy reruns forever

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, first Genndy show in a while that qont be on the block.

Hopefully we'll get it eventually but either way I'll probably watch it as it premiers. Hasn't been a bad Tartakovsky show yet even if his movies have been ehh. Though I'm future movies will be more Spider-verse Sony than Hotel Transylvania Sony.

Am I the only one who is pissed off about the schedule expansion when HxH is now the last show on the block?
I'm not pissed but I ain't happy about HxH's placement since it's been at the end of the new shows. It's hard for me to stay up that late.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
HxH has been consistently doing better in ratings than JoJo, Black Clover, Boruto, and Naruto ever since it moved so who the hell knows how any of this works

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I figured that much. Just don't know why it seems to be doing much better at that time than it was earlier in the block.
I'm guessing it's early risers, or people who have to work late and don't get back until later and want to wind down with some bullshit, and Shippuden is stupid...but not bullshit enough(come on though even if togashi goes to great lengths to explain his bullshit a lot of it is still bullshit lol)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing it's early risers, or people who have to work late and don't get back until later and want to wind down with some bullshit, and Shippuden is stupid...but not bullshit enough(come on though even if togashi goes to great lengths to explain his bullshit a lot of it is still bullshit lol)
Bullshit that requires a chapter of explanation is the best bullshit. It's bullshit, but he's that heavily invested in it and he believes it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
noooooooooo

stop mocking best girl

but go ahead & mock the dub and overall anime, how do they manage to not be able to adapt an anime as hell game into an anime?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. This makes sense. I guess they're going to institute a hard rule now that Toonami is just for anime and everything else goes to Adult Swim.
I'd be fine with that if it meant that Adult Swim widened their repertoire from just 'stoner comedy' and McFarlane shows to actually having some variety on it.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Hunter x Hunter was like the first new show acquisition we talked about all the way back 150 episodes ago on the podcast

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, in the time between when HxH premiered & when it'll finish, I'll have gotten my first real job, moved into my own apartment, & if all goes well this week, possibly get a new job involving data management/integrity.

Kind of nuts to realize how much can change when you're watching a long running show weekly. Though I imagine that's more crazy to realize for those watching Shippuden.

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Goodness, I remember when HxH premiered, and I was so skeptical of it living up to the hype people were giving it. Now, it's probably one of the shows that I most look forward to watching of the bunch.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That episode of MHA.

I didn't feel the same emotional swell like seemingly everyone else. Like, it was awesome as hell but like I was rather surprised we were reaching to this point already and the withering mentor was the focus to that end and ditches the progagonist when it matters the most. Also expected way more out of AFO but in the end his big power was a punching move than like give something like the Infinity Gauntlet it's run for it's money.

It's weird. Felt a lot at the start of the show but haven't really felt it that greatly since. Like what was going on at the start was diluted for me to not feel as much as everyone else did with this fight.

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
That episode of MHA is basically what if Doomsday went toe to toe with Superman and Supes just hulks out at the end and beats him without dying.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Goodness, I remember when HxH premiered, and I was so skeptical of it living up to the hype people were giving it. Now, it's probably one of the shows that I most look forward to watching of the bunch.
It took awhile to get going, but HxH quickly became one of my favorite anime like the moment it hit the Yorknew City arc.
Dammit, I can't even keep count properly anymore. lol

This is how we HxH fans are feeling

That man is my hero.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I've never really understood why people get so into their favorite sports teams tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.