• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
nope not really, at least not to the point of emotional breakdown
I'm with you. I like to casually watch football and basketball, but I don't really follow any teams. Just don't care enough to get emotionally invested in a team like that. It's just a way of life for some people though, especially down here in the southeast where college football is practically a religion.

Oct 26, 2017
nope not really, at least not to the point of emotional breakdown
A lot of individuals have an emotional breakdown when they've become too invested and lost in their fandom. Whether if it's when their favorite show drops in quality or a fan favorite dies in a manga or when an anticipated video game gets extremely poor scores.
I've seen it first hand.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was that final scene in Shippuden just made up on the spot? Like, all these rules and things just didn't exist until that episode?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
D.C. Douglas is definitely my front runner for best male VA this year.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My favorite part of Shippuden last week was how the reaper was looking on awkwardly as Kushina and Minato were dying and she was telling him baby Naruto the proper way to clean his ears.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of individuals have an emotional breakdown when they've become too invested and lost in their fandom. Whether if it's when their favorite show drops in quality or a fan favorite dies in a manga or when an anticipated video game gets extremely poor scores.
I've seen it first hand.
Hell, there's a prime example of it going on right now.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Man, in the time between when HxH premiered & when it'll finish, I'll have gotten my first real job, moved into my own apartment, & if all goes well this week, possibly get a new job involving data management/integrity.

Kind of nuts to realize how much can change when you're watching a long running show weekly. Though I imagine that's more crazy to realize for those watching Shippuden.
I have.... uh... reduced my student debt a little and that is about it >.>

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
We're moving on up!

60256043_2142557252701777_3114958304535642112_o.jpg
Ohh 10:30! I think someone on the podcast said 11:30. This is much better

Oh right tOoNaMi Is DyInG gUyS

Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait for the Shingeki dub.

Alright schedule, would have put HeroAca at the end, slid BLack Clover to around the midnight or spot immediately after DBS slot. And put DBS first. 10:30 is too early for the block start, sorry, but that is my opinion.

2nd or 3rd change post people's major schedule complaints awhile abck? I can not stop laughing at how dramatic and up in arms people got over something that lasted two or three weeks.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
But if Black Clover goes to midnight who will watch the rest of the block when the majority of people fall asleep immediately from how bad a take it is

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched GOT, but I have been looking at the discussion concerning this final season perhaps a bit out a morbid curiosity. (Wonder if Lost was like this? Was only sorta engaged in discussions then...) I've never tried my hand at writing anything really, but I tend to feel sympathy for writers when things go off the rails. (I'm not talking specifically about GOT regarding that last point.) Especially in the modern age, where fans can be...just the worst.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
2019 the year that game of thrones became the new lost

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of bullshit plot twists, seven deadly sins lol I was not expecting that to happen

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere a man gets out of bed. Can't sleep. Goes to the bathroom, leans into the mirror, looks deep into his own eyes, points to himself.

"This is the year man...

...That Skate 4 announcement is gonna happen."

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
when we getting tony hawk pro skater [insert number here] though

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't watch game of thrones but the criticism I seen when talking about the character on Twitter and on era by non crazy people is that it's not that it happened it how it happened

Well when you don't have all the detail of finished novels and just a rough outline of "this is where the story was going" a lot of nuance seems to be lost.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch game of thrones but the criticism I seen when talking about the character on Twitter and on era by non crazy people is that it's not that it happened it how it happened
I honestly haven't been reading too much stuff regarding the complaints. I think I'm so uninvested emotionally in this show at this point that I just watched it, went "OK" and like a day later read a few posts on how she's been acting since the beginning and just became fine with it. What are the criticisms regarding how it happened. I don't even read the Era thread anymore. I can only deal with but so much fan whining these days. I have a job that's been keeping me busy and other things.
Well when you don't have all the detail of finished novels and just a rough outline of "this is where the story was going" a lot of nuance seems to be lost.
The show has been like this for the last three seasons though. I've gotten quite used to the horrible pacing of this show that I can't even complain about it anymore. This is the show. I'm not happy about it yes, but I'm not going to pour too much energy into it nerd raging about it through my keyboard.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
when we getting tony hawk pro skater [insert number here] though
because thps 5 happened *insert video containing glitches here*

Man, I wish that HD version of 1 turned out better. I would've loved ports of 2, 3, & perhaps 4. I should go find those games one of these days. It was one of the few "sports" games that I really enjoyed.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
This last season of Game of Thrones has been insanely rushed, and even though the big heel turn may have been foreshadowed earlier in the series, it wasn't properly built-up in the episodes leading up to the turn and thus felt like it came out of nowhere. At least, that's the impression I get since I haven't been watching the show.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people truly believe it came out of nowhere and it's an insult to the character though, which is pretty laughable lol. People see what they want to see I guess.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people truly believe it came out of nowhere and it's an insult to the character though, which is pretty laughable lol. People see what they want to see I guess.

Star Trek has been around for decades but people still got angry when most of the cast came out in favor of Hillary in the last election. You have to wonder exactly how much of that show besides people wearing shit on their face and spaceships actually got through their skulls if the cast of such a series being fairly liberal is at all surprising.

Oct 25, 2017
I can excuse it for like the 2st seasons but yeah people by the end think Walt was fucking batman and still thought he literally was doing it for his family even it has been bullshit for seasons
He was treating Skylar like a liability. No wonder why I don't interact with that many show fanbases. Next thing I know people will start telling me how much of a good person McNulty from The Wire was.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People that think Walt is a hero are the same people that probably idolize Tony Montana and Tyler Durden

Status
Not open for further replies.