• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Looks as bad as all the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu

Hmm, can't agree to that.

Not all the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu look great, but I generally feel good about most of them.

bed.gif

Like Bulbasaur here is stylized, but it's immediately emotionally recognizable as a Bulbasaur. (I feel this way about most Pokemon in the trailer.) Like if this leaked before the trailer, I feel like most people would look at this and feel good about it.

I can't say that about Sonic.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
yeah i would totally like to have that bulbasaur as a friend/pet

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The thing about Sonic is that the older games actually had some semi-interesting environmentalist themes (quite a few Genesis games did actually) and this movie could tap into that and actually have something of substance to say. Like introducing the kids who will watch it to the importance of giving a shit about our planet. But no, it seems like the hacks who are making this movie are leaning into the memes.

EDIT: You know what? Fuck it, I've been looking for an excuse to post this video.

Last edited:

Kendall

Banned
Apr 22, 2019
Anyway. I think they're airing the hour long special of Dragon Ball Super next week. They aired Sword Art Online for an hour two consecutive weeks in a row, so they've made room to axe one show off the line up if they need it. I think My Hero could Sword Art's time, while Dragon Ball Super gets an hour.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Looks as bad as all the Pokemon in Detective Pikachu
Nah. Most of the Pokemon look like their game counterparts where as there is some serious flaws in Paramount Sonic's design that takes away from his appeal. For example, Sonic has big, expressive eyes, while Movie Sonic's are too small. There is something off on his design that makes him some punchable abomination instead of huggable like Detective Pikachu.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Until I saw the detective pikachu pokemon on a theater screen when they aired the trailer, i thought they looked pretty bad and plastic too lol
I thought they looked pretty weird at first, but they've grown on me. That Bulbasaur above looks so adorable to me lol
Nah. Most of the Pokemon look like their game counterparts where as there is some serious flaws in Paramount Sonic's design that takes away from his appeal. For example, Sonic has big, expressive eyes, while Movie Sonic's are too small. There is something off on his design that makes him some punchable abomination instead of huggable like Detective Pikachu.
He looks so damn bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Rawr!

Sonic movie looks like a dumpster fire so nuclear it melts the dumpster.

Can't wait for Lupin Part 5.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
so that's the guy who assaulted my ears that one time

Oct 25, 2017
Live Action Charizard still looks weird as hell. Pikachu himself was actually translated very well at least.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Sonic is that the older games actually had some semi-interesting environmentalist themes (quite a few Genesis games did actually) and this movie could tap into that and actually have something of substance to say. Like introducing the kids who will watch it to the importance of giving a shit about our planet. But no, it seems like the hacks who are making this movie are leaning into the memes.
Hell, you could argue the Sat AM cartoon did an amazing job of having a subtle environmental theme about how Robotnik wanted to robotize everything while the good guys are fighting to keep the forest from being ruined, but it was never in your face about it.

...whoops, I thought I posted this in the morning, but turns out I never did. Guess I zoned out & went to bed due to how busy it's been at the theater.

Also it's seen when a commercial for PROGRESSIVE INSURANCE has a better looking Sonic than the big budget hollywood film...and represents the game better thanks to that Sonic 3 music.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird to me that Epic is spending all this cash to get exclusives when they don't even have a good store up yet. It's like the ultimate version of the cart before the horse.

Oh well, get paid Psyonix.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the pokemon look off to be sure, but there's what, dozens of different types in the movie?

The Sonic movie is just sonic and he looks preeeeeeeeeeety bad. Like Super Mario Bros. Goomba bad.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Sonic is the only one we know of....i really hope they didn't put any of his friends in it

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"alright, so we have Sonic's model done...now someone take it & make Amy Rose out of it, and emphasis the fact she's a girl hedgehog"

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Keep spending most our lives
Livin' in a hedgehog paradise
Been spending most their lives
Livin' in a hedgehog paradise…

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly they should have just pulled a who framed Roger Rabbit and just put Sonic's regular design interacting with the real world.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
It was from a comic called "Hedgehog the Sonic", by the same artist who would later go on to be the artist for Sonic Mania.

I'm not joking.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
F2P mobile Chao Garden seems like something that'd do fairly well.
Yeah probably. I was thinking of something more along the lines of the Chao Garden in Adventure 2, but I'd still play a mobile version if it was done halfway decently. I spent way too much time raising Chao back in my Sonic days.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
only $99.99 to fully evolve a new chao!

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Anyway. I think they're airing the hour long special of Dragon Ball Super next week. They aired Sword Art Online for an hour two consecutive weeks in a row, so they've made room to axe one show off the line up if they need it. I think My Hero could Sword Art's time, while Dragon Ball Super gets an hour.
I figured they'd have teased the 1 hour special during last week, but I guess there is always a chance
It's weird to me that Epic is spending all this cash to get exclusives when they don't even have a good store up yet. It's like the ultimate version of the cart before the horse.

Oh well, get paid Psyonix.
Epic's been rubbing me the wrong way with the store so far, but Psyonix getting paid is just a win for everyone. Hopefully this means a RL2 sometime down the line

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Blast Corps 2 exclusively on epic game store

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Vic Stan Twitter troll: I think you mean fraudimation #boycottfunimation #istandwithvic

Yeah they're still at it.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
vic hasn't even had many roles with funimation shows smh
BUH HE HAD A ROLE IN DAT ONE SHOW, THEREFORE HE WORKED WITH THEM ENOUGH TIMES TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT

also notice how those same people aren't complaining about boycotting Viz....or some other company he worked with but I don't feel like googling him.

i want to say "i really hope a guilty verdict shuts them up", but of course it won't, they'll jump through hoops to whine about how the judge was wrong or some stupid shit like that

Status
Not open for further replies.