• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Next weekend's batch of episodes are must watches for a handful of series.

Lupin has an intriguing premise and I am looking forward to see if it leads to a more central big bad of the series. Ami is a great addition to the cast.

I am guessing HxH is goin to be replaced with a rerun. DeMarco mentioned some of it's best episodes are going to air.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I think they're airing one episode so that both it's replacement (rerun or new) and Gundam start on the same night.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*starts watching HxH*

Oh hey, it's Mr. "I appeared for one scene like 50 episodes ago, time to randomly come back"

take a shot every time that spiral to nowhere gets shown.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sorry I missed last night, I was at my little cousin's birthday party.

With that said, Erwin went out like the badass he is. And that speech......holy shit.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
so

why didn't killua wish for the ability to have nobody chase them, or be all "anyone in my family or the butlers, or anyone else trying to take nanika away, cannot come within 10 miles within me or nanika/alluka", or be all "if nanika & I get separated by a 3rd party more than 10 ft. apart, they get teleported 100 miles away"

or well, why didn't killua just wish to be teleported where gon was to not risk taking alluka outside/places where the family didn't want her to prevent the whole reason she was locked up, which would then prevent killua from being followed

this has possibly been the last edition of "zonic overthinks way too much about alluka's powers"

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because Killua doesn't just view Alluka as a tool to be used
I will say, the way Togashi addressed the whole "why not just wish for the powers to be sealed" thing rather well and makes me appreciate how much he covers his bases for a show dedicated to sticking to its rules. I didn't bring it up last week because I didn't want to seem like I was ruining the emotional part of the scene. I felt that maybe that scene could've worked earlier if Killua tried to seal the powers at the house to gain his family's trust, but Alluka wouldn't have been happy with that method due to wanting Nanika to be allowed to leave the house as well, so then Killua comes up with that plan to allow both of them to escape. Though I'm fully aware that might not have worked in terms of storytelling & still worked perfectly well with how it was done.

Again, I only overthink this because the show does such a good job of coming up with rules and making sure it sticks with them, and that fights are usually about outsmarting the opponent than raw power. I don't want to sound as though "PLOTHOLE, THEREFORE THIS ARC IS BAD" because I still really enjoyed it. I may be annoyed by the lack of thinking in shows like DBZ, but the show clearly isn't aiming for applying logic to its plot or fights, hence why I just said "screw it, no point in bringing up stuff like the dragon balls" and realized no point in questioning its logic because there's little of it in the first place. I also acknowledge that this is more on me having a bad habit of overthinking stuff, which I'm slowly trying to fix.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Just catching up on Lupin from last night and I thought it was a really strong opening. I am really interested to see on how Lupin and the gang functions in a world where the Internet exists.

& to think they had trouble airing Fujiko Mine, yet this ending.

That ending was a G Rated Disney movie compared with anything in The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
They would've had to edit a lot in The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. They probably decided that it wasn't worth it.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I will say, the way Togashi addressed the whole "why not just wish for the powers to be sealed" thing rather well and makes me appreciate how much he covers his bases for a show dedicated to sticking to its rules. I didn't bring it up last week because I didn't want to seem like I was ruining the emotional part of the scene. I felt that maybe that scene could've worked earlier if Killua tried to seal the powers at the house to gain his family's trust, but Alluka wouldn't have been happy with that method due to wanting Nanika to be allowed to leave the house as well, so then Killua comes up with that plan to allow both of them to escape. Though I'm fully aware that might not have worked in terms of storytelling & still worked perfectly well with how it was done.

Again, I only overthink this because the show does such a good job of coming up with rules and making sure it sticks with them, and that fights are usually about outsmarting the opponent than raw power. I don't want to sound as though "PLOTHOLE, THEREFORE THIS ARC IS BAD" because I still really enjoyed it. I may be annoyed by the lack of thinking in shows like DBZ, but the show clearly isn't aiming for applying logic to its plot or fights, hence why I just said "screw it, no point in bringing up stuff like the dragon balls" and realized no point in questioning its logic because there's little of it in the first place. I also acknowledge that this is more on me having a bad habit of overthinking stuff, which I'm slowly trying to fix.
There's an interesting thing with Nanika I can finally bring up on the podcast after the last episode is over that really puts the last arc, and how the series has treated her, into perspective.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry about Alluka/Gon/Killua, they won't show up in the manga again.

Next episode is the real ending to HxH.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Possible part v dub announcement coming at anime expo.

PS. I never got to mention it but jojo alternative openings really are the best. I wish more anime would do them.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Why did it take me so long to reliaxe Sero's helmet is shaped like a tape dispenser.

FUUUUUUUCK

It's one of the few costumes that actually fits their theme. Don't get me wrong most MHA are pretty cool but they don't really work thematically. Hell the Power Rangers Ninja Storm filler costumes fit thematically for stupid filler power ranger ninjas.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Why didn't Killua wish for nobody but him to be able to make wishes

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Gon should throw Ging off the world tree when he gets to the top

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished HxH, whew, forgot that long ass monologue from the koala, deep af

I always found it a little off-putting how Kite just kind of takes advantage of Mr. Koala despite having nothing to do with the death, but he's clearly feeling hella guilty, so whatever I guess

These wordy chapters must have sucked reading in the manga

I could only imagine, anime really knows how to elevate the wordiness of this series

Kite's nen ability has a special roll that only comes up when he's about to die and that had a hand he causing him to be reborn as Meruem's sister.

Wait what, Meurem's sister?

Status
Not open for further replies.