• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I hope Seda isn't saying super is a bad show when Caulifla and Kale are kicking Goku's ass

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know about you guys...

...but I never really wanted Scooby and the gang to hang out with Ricky Gervais.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can feel it in the air. Its almost time. Neon Genesis Evangelion is gonna confuse, anger and scare a whole new generation of people. The hot takes will be incredible

Oct 25, 2017
hot take: Evangelion sucks
This is a take that really depends on what one wants out of a show. If you want a happy message it's shit, if you want something that revolves around a bunch of disaster cases for people it's perfectly fine. The people in the show are messed up, which for me makes it pretty realistic since people are just flawed pains in the fucking ass' to deal with.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I actually prefer balanced stories that handle both optimism and pessimism, and having extremely flawed characters is fine, but I don't enjoy a show when I want to shove my fist down the throat of most of the characters all the time.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that Evangelion might be pretty good!

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
hotter take, Hunter x Hunter deserves to stay right where it is on the podcast rankings

I'm kidding, but personally I wouldn't put it any higher than 5th as the list is now

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Evangelion is a flawed show largely due to it's budget crippling the back half of the series is a pretty damning way. Despite that I still think it's a series that everyone should watch and when it's good, it's really damn good.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
HxH has the second or third best dub aired on TOONAMI. Kill la Kill is still number one, and HxH/One Piece go between two and three in my mind. Space Dandy is a slight step behind that and Black Lagoon rounds up top five. This is based on the script/sound/acting quality and not the overall quality of the show as Kill La Kill is closer to the middle of the pack on overall story.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
HxH dub is honestly one of the most impressive dubs in anime. Such a giant cast and nearly all of them knock it out of the park. There's literally like one character I can even remember having a subpar voice and it was that minor greed island character.

One Piece is really the only one on the same scale with similar quality, but even then that show nails the main cast but not nearly as much of the supporting cast like HxH does

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
>feeling tired & foot is hurting a lot after a 2+ hour walk

>hears I can pick up my pre-order of Crash Team Racing LE tonight at Gamestop, meaning both of my nights off can be spent playing

>....is given the Switch version of the LE despite pre-ordering the PS4 edition

>"sorry, we don't have any of the PS4 copies of the LE & probably won't get more since it's limited, but we can refund you the difference & give you a normal copy"

>Came to the conclusion that when I said "I want to switch my pre-order of Crash Team Racing to the limited edition", they misheard me & thought I had said "I want the switch version of the Crash Team Racing limited edition"

I now hate the name Switch & lost out on getting extra content to a game I was really looking forward to. Freakin' hell, this is making me madder/bringing me down more than it should've.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
obviously since his friend is such a big nintendo fiend he abhors Crash and everything he stands for

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
watched AoT and DBS. man two full weeks of shows is a lot 🤕

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I should set some goals in life, and maybe try to improve as a person...

...Or I could just zone out and accomplish nothing.

Gonna have to think about this one.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
it would be extremely ironic if CTR sold better on switch

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
*Misreads that as CNTR*
NO WAY, THAT DUDE CAME BACK??! I MISSED YOU SO M-

...oh.

Anyhoo I am real thankful that voice-actor-who-should-not-be-mentioned missed the Aggretsuko train.

It's one good thing even tho it's a lack of a...thing I guess?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
you could be talking about the show or the character in SAO and i'd agree either way

Oct 25, 2017
I actually prefer balanced stories that handle both optimism and pessimism, and having extremely flawed characters is fine, but I don't enjoy a show when I want to shove my fist down the throat of most of the characters all the time.
That feeling is quite realistic if you meet enough people. Life isn't even balanced between good and bad, sometimes it's good other times you don't want to deal with it. My only "fuck this person" cast member on Eva is actually Asuka. I don't care if I'm supposed to think she's cool or whatever the fan zeitgeist for her is I think she's an abusive psychotic fucking bitch and I can't excuse her behavior based on her seeing her mom die, I just don't like her. Shinji's not even that bad to be honest.
Nah, it's def over that spot
You know something is wrong when B-Dubs and I agree.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling is quite realistic if you meet enough people. Life isn't even balanced between good and bad, sometimes it's good other times you don't want to deal with it. My only "fuck this person" cast member on Eva is actually Asuka. I don't care if I'm supposed to think she's cool or whatever the fan zeitgeist for her is I think she's an abusive psychotic fucking bitch and I can't excuse her behavior based on her seeing her mom die, I just don't like her. Shinji's not even that bad to be honest.

The only decent character in Eva is Pen Pen >.>

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

what about 'dad of the year' gendo though

Oct 25, 2017
The only decent character in Eva is Pen Pen >.>
I have people issues so I could relate to most of the cast in a way or at least I could when I saw the show over a decade ago. I have Rei and Shinji tendencies so I can pretty much relate to those two easily. With my current daddy issues I can relate to Misato, like the personality types in this show really aren't unrealistic, they're just not made to be likable and if that's a make or break thing for you in a show then don't watch the show, and despite this I like this cast more than the cast of the fucking Sopranos.
what about 'dad of the year' gendo though
He's a piece of shit that got exactly what he deserved in the end. I don't even put Gendo in the likable cast category so he's "fuck this guy" by default. I feel sorry for Fyutsuki watching Gendo getting the woman he liked and having to work underneath him.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
HxH is fucking amazing, but it has a bit too much fluff for my liking.

Yorknew, the NGL and Ant assasination part of the Ant arc, and most of the Hunter Election arc are all top tier. Everything else is usually really good, but can be a bit tiring week to week.

That said, this is coming from someone who actively dislikes and avoids most long form storytelling, so take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.