• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Our own Toonami Escape Weekly Podcast, Hosted by thread regulars Grexeno, B-Dubs, and CKohler. Click the button above for the RSS link.

New webcast every Friday at ~8:00pm

Other useful links:

Toonami.com
Toonami Facebook
Toonami Simulcast

CFuJ1vO.png

Viu8Nn5.png

N32nb0P.png

b8KZ6Pg.png

q8ll9GI.png

k3f4PNJ.png

yZFmgz4.png

K1KPxCc.png

CFuJ1vO.png

CfpKSt9.png

CFuJ1vO.png

Show end dates. Through currently announced episodes. Does not account for unannounced marathons, etc.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable: June 8
Hunter x Hunter: June 22
The Promised Neverland: June 29
Sword Art Online: Alicization: July 13
Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2): August 10
My Hero Academia: August 17
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: September 28
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 23
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma: August 29, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: February 24, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9|
|Jan14||Feb14||Mar14||Apr14||May14||Jun14||Jul14||Aug14||Sep14||Oct14||Nov14||Dec14|
|Jan15||Feb15||Mar15||Apr15||May15||Jun15||Jul15||Aug15||Sep15||Oct15||NovDec15|
|Jan16||Feb16||Mar16||Apr16||May16||JunJul16||AugSep16||OctNovDec16|
|JanFeb17||MarApr17||MayJun17||JulAug17||SepOct17||NovDec17|
|JanFeb18||MarApr18||MayJun18||JulAug18||SepOct18||NovDec18|
|JanFeb19||MarApr19|

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"you posted 1,163 times"

why does that feel low?

Also oh god, right, the Sonic trailer. Guess I better give it a watch....oh no, that like/dislike ratio....

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
omg, it's "Green Hill", not "Hills"

jesus fuck, did these people even PLAY a sonic game

this is clearly the most inaccurate thing to the game the movie has gotten wrong & the trailer clearly won't prove me wrong

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"760 mph"

what the actual hell, in Sonic Unleashed, he can clock in at 2,887 mph

could this movie not have the budget to let sonic be rendered in the hedgehog engine

okay the rings replacing the stars in the paramount logo got a laugh out of me.

WHY IS GANGSTA'S PARADISE PLAYING

Oct 25, 2017
"760 mph"

what the actual hell, in Sonic Unleashed, he can clock in at 2,887 mph

could this movie not have the budget to let sonic be rendered in the hedgehog engine

okay the rings replacing the stars in the paramount logo got a laugh out of me.

WHY IS GANGSTA'S PARADISE PLAYING
Because Sonic is a Part 5 stand.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
WHY DOES EGGMAN HAVE HAIR

WHY ARE THEY TAKING LESSONS FROM THE SMB MOVIE IN GETTING THINGS WRONG

Also you have a scene involving the army but don't reference G.U.N.?! Yup, these people probably never even heard of Sonic & just did a quick Wiki reading.

Wait, why does Eggman have a human minion? Is that suppose to be Snively from the Sat AM show/comic series?

DID SONIC THROW A RING THAT TELEPORTS PEOPLE?! WHAT.

so now sonic has the world....not how speed works....

oh so right at the end, NOW they realize "oh shit, maybe we should reference SOMETHING from the game" with.........realistic Mushroom Hill Zone? & i was right, eggman being bald is gonna be sonic's fault & that's canon now because we needed that lore lesson.

2/5 not that great of a trailer.

Last edited:

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I finally watched the Sonic trailer and my first thought was "Why Gangsta's Paradise?"

It's like they know they got a dumpster fire on their hands, so they're trying to make the marketing of the movie really memey.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
if detective pikachu was the sonic mania that actually had effort & pleased its fans, then sonic is gonna be sonic forces

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
also i can't unsee sonic as a weird animal version of those creepy thing 1 & thing 2 from cat in the hat

sample1.jpg

because that's what i want in my game adaptation film: FLASHBACKS TO THE LIVE-ACTION CAT IN THE HAT

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Look at it this way; we're talking about Sonic. That's an accomplishment in itself.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we were past the era of movies about taking cartoon characters & having part of the plot be "oh noes, they traveled to OUR world & guess what the movie's gonna be about this boring human character who has nothing to do with the show"

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we were past the era of movies about taking cartoon characters & having part of the plot be "oh noes, they traveled to OUR world & guess what the movie's gonna be about this boring human character who has nothing to do with the show"

We will literally never get past that.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"So we have this franchise known for having really creative worlds & places unlike anywhere on Earth, where should it take place"

"new york, chicago, some big, populated city like those"

"but...those aren't unique or magical"

"WHO CARES, IT ALLOWS FOR TONS OF PRODUCT PLACEMENT"

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
It says something that one of the best examples of that kind of story is My Little Pony: Equestria Girls.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
There's a halfway decent 3d Sonic game in Sonic Unleashed.

Shame the Werehog part is just awful.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
They should play this when Eggman appears

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
omg the IRS sent me back the $600+ they took from me because they didn't see I already paid my tax fee, thank god.

There's a halfway decent 3d Sonic game in Sonic Unleashed.

Shame the Werehog part is just awful.
Seriously. Rooftop Run & Windmill Isle are two amazing stages that show great potential, but then the Werehog segments just draaaggggg. Honestly, if they were made much shorter, I feel like it would've been more tolerated. At least it was the one time Sonic Team finally realized to keep a good idea & apply it for another game, i.e. Sonic Generations & parts of Colors.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
New thread!
Sometime soon, I am going to watch last week's Toonami that I missed since I had a long day Saturday with watching Endgame and being out and about with family.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to admit it, but if I'm still working at the theater by the time this comes out, I might just go to the employee screening just to see how bad it is. Not like I was paying to see it either way.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Kirito whenever he finds a new evil organization/group using VR for obviously nebulous purposes-
D47-9v-GWs-AAc-Uv-D.jpg

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So the doll that Krone(a) has in the anime isn't in the manga. Honestly having an imaginary confidant doesn't really work on characters whose usual behavior already borders on unhinged, it just makes it seem like they're trying to hard. Like if you removed the doll completely and just had her rant about her plans to herself I think she would work a lot better

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
gah... a good think geek sale (75% off clearance and then 25% off on top of that)
bought way to much stupid things. Almost bought some records because stuff like the untertail soundtrack was $8 lol.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
most of the pokemon in detective pikachu actually look pretty spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.