• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
let's mix it up with some Godzilla
tumblr_pryx0jPUDt1sok5c9o5_540.gif
looks dope

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I do kinda feel like they've shown too much in the Godzilla marketing but I'm sure it's because they're like "hey, there's actually monsters in this movie unlike the last one!"

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I could've posted a way more spoilery gif than that being honest

Oct 25, 2017
i just hate when trailers and such spoil like even the climax, like you see it in the trailer and dont know, but then you see the movie and you're like, wow that sequence in the trailer and commercials came right out of the climax, why even.,

So i try to avoid everything possible now to not ruin it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
History proves again and again how nature reveals the folly of man

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla 2014 had issues, but I did genuinely like the Muto.

They probably should have been slightly larger, but they were still cool.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
just said fuck it and preordered an imax ticket for Thursday, my body is ready

Oct 25, 2017
let's mix it up with some Godzilla
tumblr_pryx0jPUDt1sok5c9o5_540.gif
I can finally post this. Still Godzilla's greatest opponent.

I do kinda feel like they've shown too much in the Godzilla marketing but I'm sure it's because they're like "hey, there's actually monsters in this movie unlike the last one!"
They're doing it because the number-one question that still comes up despite the marketing is "Does it cut away all the time like the last film and does it actually feature Godzilla?" So I can't blame them.

One day, I'd like to see a serious Godzilla film more like the 54 version, but that isn't going to put butts in seats after the 2014 film for better or worse.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
dbz fans: "POWER LEVELS ARE A SERIOUS THING THAT ARE MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY"

also dbz fans: "yo they should put goku in a game where he can get beaten up by a dog & duck duo, an electric mouse, two fat plumber brothers, & some weird 2-dimensional black stick figure"

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
dbz fans: "POWER LEVELS ARE A SERIOUS THING THAT ARE MEANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY"

also dbz fans: "yo they should put goku in a game where he can get beaten up by a dog & duck duo, an electric mouse, two fat plumber brothers, & some weird 2-dimensional black stick figure"
As a JoJo fan you should be okay with bullshit that doesn't make sense

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017

Monica Rial is her usual self, no complaints there, but Hakase sounds....too old? Like, I guess if they tried to replicate the Japanese VA' higher pitch, it wouldn't have worked, and it could just be more on me being waaay too used to the sub (I tend to prefer whatever I hear first, especially if I spend more time rewatching a show), since it's not really a bad voice, just different than what I was expecting.

I just know that I might as well sell my blu-ray of just the sub because no point in owning both copies if the new one has both subs & a dub.

......GASP, WHAT IF THE REASON THE SHOW IS FINALLY GETTING A DUB IS SO IT CAN AIR ON TOONAMI

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I suppose an English voice actress could accurately replicate the pitch of Japanese Hakase if they huffed a tiny bit of helium before every session.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose an English voice actress could accurately replicate the pitch of Japanese Hakase if they huffed a tiny bit of helium before every session.
That too, I imagine it's a bit hard/stressful on the vocal cords to try & replicate such high pitched voices.

I really want to know the rest of the cast & how they're doing to translate some jokes. It's rare for me to be this excited over a dub, but I know Funimation will be able to pull it off. If they have it up on their site or Crunchyroll or whatever, I might just watch it there, but knowing the licensing limbo hell Nichijou had to suffer, I kinda want it on Blu-ray for easy access & to support it considering it apparently didn't do well in Japan.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017

Monica Rial is her usual self, no complaints there, but Hakase sounds....too old? Like, I guess if they tried to replicate the Japanese VA' higher pitch, it wouldn't have worked, and it could just be more on me being waaay too used to the sub (I tend to prefer whatever I hear first, especially if I spend more time rewatching a show), since it's not really a bad voice, just different than what I was expecting.

I just know that I might as well sell my blu-ray of just the sub because no point in owning both copies if the new one has both subs & a dub.

......GASP, WHAT IF THE REASON THE SHOW IS FINALLY GETTING A DUB IS SO IT CAN AIR ON TOONAMI

Another role stolen from Vic.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
clearly, vic was originally chosen for the role of anne from shimoneta, but monica obviously stole it

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I got bored & looked through the previous thread's wall of shame:

1st: Morlas: 2,351
2nd: Hellwarden: 1,179
3rd: Imperial Bishop: 1,168
Me: 1,163
Ultragunner: 1,154
Man God: 1,063
Grexeno: 863
DanarcyReigns: 779
Baroque: 770
10th: SparksterMeta0: 727

No joke, the top 4 posters were the exact same people in the same order for Jan/Feb. I like how despite the fact I have to leave & miss out on half the shows, plus miss out on live reacting to HxH, I'm still somehow #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.