• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Rebecca is the one who made Steven Universe, but I was talking about a different Rebecca

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MY BOYS GONNA PLAY IN THE BIG LEAGUES.

NINTENDO WON E3 ALL YEARS. 100000000/10

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
THERE'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME WHERE BANJO-KAZOOIE CAN FIGHT CLOUD WHILE RYU HAS TO DODGE SUPER SONIC AS BAYONETTA SUMMONS THE PAC-MAN GHOSTS WHILE FIGHTING ON A CASTLEVANIA STAGE WHILE MEGA MAN CAN TEAM UP WITH SOLID SNAKE IUBRKULAWHBRLUW3EGYRLUI2HYBW3GLOUQTEGVWULBSHDGFLUOGWYVEHZWEBRJ

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
please let us have the option of playing as Zelda this time

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo did ok which means they did pretty good in comparison to everything else offered but I'm not exactly excited for a lot of what they've shown.

Oct 25, 2017
You need to stop sucking on that haterade
No I'm asking a legitimate question. I'm trying very hard to see what other people saw in their conference. I liked two games in there. Fire Emblem and Trials of Mana. Animal Crossing is this huge selling thing that I honestly don't care about. I'll probably get one of the Pokemon games at least since I do like the franchise since I see them as a series of JRPG's.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
No I'm asking a legitimate question. I'm trying very hard to see what other people saw in their conference. I liked two games in there. Fire Emblem and Trials of Mana. Animal Crossing is this huge selling thing that I honestly don't care about. I'll probably get one of the Pokemon games at least since I do like the franchise since I see them as a series of JRPG's.
Banjo-Kazooie in smash and Breath of the wild 2 of course

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo-Kazooie in smash and Breath of the wild 2 of course
I don't like Smash games though and I really didn't like BOTW. That's really a game I'm going to have to play while researching where to go and no. I don't enjoy games if I'm just randomly exploring around accomplishing nothing especially if the combat it's based around is bad. Last Zelda game I liked was Twilight Princess. Just put that on the Switch please and I'll buy it. Like there's stuff that Nintendo made that I really liked and those games they aren't making anymore.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Smash games though and I really didn't like BOTW. That's really a game I'm going to have to play while researching where to go and no. I don't enjoy games if I'm just randomly exploring around accomplishing nothing especially if the combat it's based around is bad. Last Zelda game I liked was Twilight Princess. Just put that on the Switch please and I'll buy it. Like there's stuff that Nintendo made that I really liked and those games they aren't making anymore.
you asked what people are excited for and I told you so...

Oct 25, 2017
you asked what people are excited for and I told you so...
I really think I'm hitting the "aging out of Nintendo" phase of my life, been like that for a while. I like Trials of Mana and Fire Emblem, but I pretty much hate the studio since they stopped making the Advanced Wars games or can't even port the damn things to the Switch even. I really don't care about Mario enough to pay $60 for any of them or even try to find the time for them. Their main franchises really just aren't my cup of tea. Some of what I like is character focused and since Nintendo tends to make stuff that tries to appeal to everybody they have no real personality to me, which I know is a statement that's going to get some blow back on here. Half of my gripe is legit "where the fuck is SMT V" since that's the game I bought a Switch for.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I really think I'm hitting the "aging out of Nintendo" phase of my life, been like that for a while. I like Trials of Mana and Fire Emblem, but I pretty much hate the studio since they stopped making the Advanced Wars games or can't even port the damn things to the Switch even. I really don't care about Mario enough to pay $60 for any of them or even try to find the time for them. Their main franchises really just aren't my cup of tea. Some of what I like is character focused and since Mario tends to make stuff that tries to appeal to everybody they have no real personality to me, which I know is a statement that's going to get some blow back on here. Half of my gripe is legit "where the fuck is SMT V" since that's the game I bought a Switch for.
okay that's fine, but I still don't understand your confusion for people being excited about one of the most requested ever smash characters plus a direct sequel to the best selling and second best rated Zelda game

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes, you just gotta come to terms with the fact that something isn't for you despite how much excitement it makes for others. I realized this with Microsoft years ago because I know there are those who care about the new Forza, Gears of War, Halo, etc. but they absolutely do no interest me what so ever. Which is why I felt last year's conference was so good, it was able to have perhaps the best variety of games to cater to each demographic.

also hell yes, link's awakening is out one day before my birthday & 2 days after the Genesis Mini hot daaammmnnn

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
okay that's fine, but I still don't understand your confusion for people being excited about one of the most requested ever smash characters plus a direct sequel to the best selling and second best rated Zelda game

Banjo is most requested character in Smash? I find that a little hard to believe. Banjo is basically a third rate Rachet and Clank at this point that just feels like something only the most hardcore Rare fans care about.

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think BOTW deserves to be rated that highly honestly, but I'll definitely concede that it's better than Skyward Sword. I like watching Smash fights more than I like playing them, never played Banjo, but I'm glad he's in there. There's a lot of fanbase hyperbole hype around the Nintendo stuff that I honestly can't get absorbed into and I've been that way for what feels like years and every time I try to join in on that hype I'm just like, "that's it?" I just see games if I like something I'll admit it, if I don't I don't that simple. Nintendo's worlds just don't appeal to me that often (or at least not the current ones because I liked their older stuff more) or at least not to the extent that I think they deserve the "best game ever" accolades.

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes, you just gotta come to terms with the fact that something isn't for you despite how much excitement it makes for others. I realized this with Microsoft years ago because I know there are those who care about the new Forza, Gears of War, Halo, etc. but they absolutely do no interest me what so ever. Which is why I felt last year's conference was so good, it was able to have perhaps the best variety of games to cater to each demographic.

also hell yes, link's awakening is out one day before my birthday & 2 days after the Genesis Mini hot daaammmnnn
Which is something I'm trying to reconcile with, but Nintedo's fanbase is a lot more vocal than the dude bros that is Microsofts. You're not going to get this at all, but Nintendo fans the hardcore vocal ones are like the Leica users of the video game community. Not to mention that I'm old enough to remember the stuff that Nintendo made that I used to like that they said "fuck it" and stopped making them. As I said I liked Advanced Wars a lot. I used to play Days of Ruin during my train rides back from I'm thinking college. Now, nothing, no follow up, no sequel and I have to rebuy the game and the first DS one is OOP I believe. No virtual console either, they just abandon the shit I like.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
D8z-HJl0-XUAQEk8-M.jpg

OH GOD IT'S SO CUTE GANG!

LOOK AT HIM!

LOOK AT HIS TINY DETERMINED EXPRESSION!

Status
Not open for further replies.