• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
What a way to end the night, it's going to be weird to have one episode left of Hunter x Hunter next week. I'm going to miss it. Night everyone, see you next week.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Meh. Gon and Killua have been together for literally most of the series. Strawhats are way too spread out and separated most of the time
don't need to be together to be better friends, again Gon has not been a good friend and Killua has had to put in most of the work to make this friendship even a thing, whereas the straw hats always have each others backs and are entirely willing to call out each other for being dumbasses, like Zoro would never have let Gon do half the shit that Killua let him get away with

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You seem to be missing the point of the entire situation.
No? Their relationship has also gotten pretty stale. They basically repeat the exact same beats every time every time they're together. It's at the point where people WANT Gohan and Piccolo to separate so they can actually develop as characters individually lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
don't need to be together to be better friends, again Gon has not been a good friend and Killua has had to put in most of the work to make this friendship even a thing, whereas the straw hats always have each others backs and are entirely willing to call out each other for being dumbasses, like Zoro would never have let Gon do half the shit that Killua let him get away with

The Strawhats are a great dynamic but they don't feel as close as Gon and Killua do to me. But hey, opinions.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No? Their relationship has also gotten pretty stale. They basically repeat the exact same beats every time every time they're together. It's at the point where people WANT Gohan and Piccolo to separate so they can actually develop as characters individually lol
I don't count Dragon Ball Super when I'm discussing the original manga of Dragon Ball. Lots of things got stale with Super because well, if you extend a series long enough that's just going to happen.

I liked Piccolo's rough start and how Gohan got him to mature as a person and Piccolo's discipline managed to cause Gohan to mature. That just echoed throughout the Z series further and was great.

Gon is...kinda not much going on there. He smiles and stuff but he's not really there for Killua that much. The relationship feels one sided.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Say what you want to say about Gon and Killiua, they are still a more believable friendship than Naruto and Sasuke and more healthier than whatever Deku and Bakugo has.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Say what you want to say about Gon and Killiua, they are still a more believable friendship than Naruto and Sasuke and more healthier than whatever Deku and Bakugo has.
To be like Naruto and Sasuke, Togashi would have to keep retconning it so aaaactually Gon and Killua met before the Hunter exam... no wait! They were friends when Gon was still in the womb!

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
In fairness, it's not very hard to have a better on screen friendship than Naruto and Sasuke. It's Naruto and Sasuke, after all.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
In fairness, it's not very hard to have a better on screen friendship than Naruto and Sasuke. It's Naruto and Sasuke, after all.
What do you mean?
orMmkLj.jpg

Friends since the womb1!!11

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Emma Ray and Norman are also better friends than Gon and Killua

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Soul Eater was good. Still bummed it never got a full adaption.

Hopefully the new anime from that guy is also good

Emma Ray and Norman are also better friends than Gon and Killua

Man, that's just crazy to me. They basically just start out as family. Gon and Killua's relationship is so well developed and you see all of it. I got more emotional just seeing Gon and Killua split than Norman getting sent off to die. I just have way more attachment to those characters and that relationship. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that their relationship is the heart of the whole show.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The reason why I had the Soul Eater opening in mind was that I stopped in the LA Kinokuniya and they had a TV playing anime OPs, with many of them having appeared on Toonami. Soul Eater was one of them. Here was another.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
that just reminds me of that one person who always posted those gifs when bleach started back in the day....what was their name again?

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah, Andrex. For some reason he never made the transition from GAF.

Actually, I think he posted here once?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Andrex used to be a regular, then he disappeared. Popped up again once or twice the following years very briefly but never stuck around.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Andrex has like one post on the site, literally a year after he signed up, and nothing else. Whatever happened to him?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto gets hit with quite a few retcons, not just with Sasuke either.

I think it's ultimately revealed Naruto used to save Hinata from bullies and shit, even tho he was basically a leper in the village.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Naruto gets hit with quite a few retcons, not just with Sasuke either.

I think it's ultimately revealed Naruto used to save Hinata from bullies and shit, even tho he was basically a leper in the village.
well it was like once, and that was something Pierrot came up with though maybe they asked Kishimoto how Hinata started watching Naruto in the first place

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

10:30 - My Hero Academia - 55 - Class 1-A
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 116 - Signs of a Turnabout! The Autonomous Ultra Instinct Erupts!!
11:30 - Attack on Titan - 54 - Hero
12:00 - The Promised Neverland - 11 - 140146
12:30 - Sword Art Online: Alicization - 21 - The 32nd Knight
1:00 - Lupin the Third Part 5 - 2 - The Lupin Game
1:30 - Black Clover - 75 - Fierce Battle
2:00 - Boruto: Naruto Next Generations - 36 - The Graduation Exam Begins!
2:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 255 - The Artist Returns

3:00 - HUNTER×HUNTER - 148 - Past × And × Future - END

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
SAO was so infuriating I fell asleep at the commercial break. Catching up later...
Happy Father's Day to everyone who has ever called an anime character their son or daughter btw

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much Piccolo is too much of a babysitter nowadays rather than his own character anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.