• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This looks OK...
nsTarR5.jpg
No seriously can I get rid of this similar threads thing
Can you get rid that OP sign on your avatar?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Boy, if these loading times are the norm and not a byproduct of the changes that will go away in a day, I'd wager this site is unusable for live-posting now.
I'm kinda thankful I have a laptop now- I used to do it from an ipad, but on mobile it's definitly dead for live posting because thats at least 2x times slower than it used to be

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i think it looks fine
Boy, if these loading times are the norm and not a byproduct of the changes that will go away in a day, I'd wager this site is unusable for live-posting now.
I'm kinda thankful I have a laptop now- I used to do it from an ipad, but on mobile it's definitly dead for live posting because thats at least 2x times slower than it used to be
i'm pretty sure its still the server stuff, it's really slow sometimes but when it seems to be working correctly it seems pretty fast

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I'll save my thoughts on the redesign for another time. Overall, it's not bad aside from a few concerns. Collapsing the left sidebar on desktop improved my experience tremendously.

However, I did want to mention that you should omit the text in this thread's banner image and just keep the image of TOM. Having the Toonami logo is messy and confusing because the thread title's text overlaps it.

Here are some alternatives:
https://i.imgur.com/qusDfUl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TpkPlEQ.jpg

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'll save my thoughts on the redesign for another time. Overall, it's not bad aside from a few concerns. Collapsing the left sidebar on desktop improved my experience tremendously.

However, I did want to mention that you should omit the text in this thread's banner image and just keep the image of TOM. Having the Toonami logo is messy and confusing because the thread title's text overlaps it.

Here are some alternatives:
https://i.imgur.com/qusDfUl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TpkPlEQ.jpg
how do i do that?

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
To collapse the left sidebar, just click the hamburger icon

To change the thread banner, only the OP (Seda) can do that I think.

If you have the StyleBot Chrome extension, there are lots of other fixes you make yourself like removing the similar threads box, share buttons, etc.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Realisticly, once you hit the hamburger button, and improve the speed, the only stuff the site really needs for me to consider it "a downgrade, but i'm fine with it" is
1. A "watched Threads" button instead of needing to hit Quick jump and THEN pressing watched threads
2. A way to turn off the thread starter avatars
3. A way to get rid of the nearly 1/2 of the screen that is blank on both sides of the page. I even turned off adblocker to see if maybe it was just adspace, but nope, it's just useless, empty space

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
do they not have ads integrated into the site yet? i'm not getting any and i don't have adblock on

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
3. A way to get rid of the nearly 1/2 of the screen that is blank on both sides of the page. I even turned off adblocker to see if maybe it was just adspace, but nope, it's just useless, empty space
If you don't fullscreen your browser window, the threads are wide as long as your window isn't wider than 1620 pixels. I always run my browsers windowed rather than full screen. Running full screen makes most websites look like garbage.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't fullscreen your browser window, the threads are wide as long as your window isn't wider than 1620 pixels. I always run my browsers windowed rather than full screen. Running full screen makes most websites look like garbage.
my laptop is supposed to be 1080p but i run it slightly zoomed in...like 125% or something because all the icons and websites are too small on it in 1920x1080

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
See, this fixes the problem, but they should just find a way to support it without this weird work-around because every other site I just use normally!

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
whenever someone gives you a timeframe for setting up something online, especially something big expect it to take at least a few hours more in my experience

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Very glad they did this the week of the VGAs, which is probably going to be the most newsworthy event we have till...whenever Microsoft or Sony reveal their next console? E3 next year?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very glad they did this the week of the VGAs, which is probably going to be the most newsworthy event we have till...whenever Microsoft or Sony reveal their next console? E3 next year?

There isn't really a good time in the next few months considering it's the holidays soon and then after that is an onslaught of long awaited big name releases for like 2 months straight.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This similar threads thing taking up so much space is annoying. Especially since it's the same threads that are like a year old now and aren't relevant.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good, I was finally able to reply to that "why do people like Sora" thread after trying twice today and having the website immediatly die for hours when I hit the post button lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god, the sidebar can be hidden. I thought it was permanent but turned out to just be a glitch. Plus I seem to be having better results after clearing cookies (I couldn't even post replies).

Also yes, please let me remove Similar Threads, I feel like I don't need it 90% of the time, especially for stuff like this thread where it's just old news or an older month.

avatars showing up next to thread titles looks so ugly
I don't mind it on main pages, but yeah, having them be on my Watched Threads page looks bleh. Especially when your avatar appears in the lower corner, which I don't get.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate everything about this update, which makes it an improvement over the last attempt. I do, however, hate almost everything about it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god, the sidebar can be hidden. I thought it was permanent but turned out to just be a glitch. Plus I seem to be having better results after clearing cookies (I couldn't even post replies).

Also yes, please let me remove Similar Threads, I feel like I don't need it 90% of the time, especially for stuff like this thread where it's just old news or an older month.

I don't mind it on main pages, but yeah, having them be on my Watched Threads page looks bleh. Especially when your avatar appears in the lower corner, which I don't get.

The sidebar can be hidden, but then you can't change subforums with a single click anymore. You'll be forced to use that dumb quick jump drop down menu. I will never understand this form over function change.

Status
Not open for further replies.