• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Popuko will never catch that bunny. Also, i was wrong. We do learn the other girl's name. Time for Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

9:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 77 - Let's Do It, Grand Zeno! The Universes' Best Tournament!
9:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 78 - Even The Universes' Gods Are Appalled? The Lose-And-Perish "Tournament of Power"
10:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 79 - The 9th Universe's Kicking Basil vs. the 7th Universe's Majin Buu!
10:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 80 - Awaken Your Dormant Fighting Spirit! Gohan's Fight!!
11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 81 - Bergamo the Crusher vs Goku! Whose Strength Reaches The Wild Blue Yonder?!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 82 - Goku Must Pay! The Warrior of Justice Top Barges In!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 83 - Field The All-7th-Universe Team! Who Are The Mighty Ten?!
12:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 84 - Goku The Talented Scout: Recruits Krillin and Android 18
1:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 85 - The Universes Go Into Action: Each With Their Own Motives
1:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 86 - First Time Exchanging Blows! Android 17 vs Goku!
2:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 87 - Hunt the Poaching Ring! Goku and Android 17's Joint Struggle!
2:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 88 - Gohan and Piccolo - Master and Pupil Clash in Max Training!
3:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 89 - A Mysterious Beauty Appears! The Enigma of the Tien Shinhan-Style Dojo?!
3:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 90 - Staring Down the Wall to Be Overcome! Goku vs. Gohan
4:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 91 - Which Universe Will Survive? The Strongest Warriors Are All Coming Together!

Later.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
My theater FINALLY gets one of Funimation's limited film releases, let alone any anime film...........& it's for Broly. Bleh. Least it might be a hit with some of the college students who grew up with DBZ back in the day, I guess....

Not the greatest episode to end the year on. Personally next episode would have been a way better cliffhanger. Ah well. We'll see that in three weeks.
Yeah, this wasn't a bad episode, but it certainly feels like one of the weaker ones. You'll still remember it because JESUS FUCK DAT BODY HORROR & we have a damn rat as a stand user, but it takes quite a while to realize its payoff (if it had any, I can't remember) & even then, you'll kinda forget/not really connect the pieces.

....man, while having the next episode start the year off will be great & a rather decent starting point, having that episode be the cliffhanger for 3 weeks would've been nuts.

anyways guess i'll deal with black clover before going to bed....

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
the last broly movie i watched was that one on toonami & it put me to sleep

also are you kidding me, random dancer dude is like "welp, saw noelle for like 10 seconds while she was talkin' to you sis, I'M IN LOVE", I had to pause because I just sank into my couch. Does everyone crush on the VERY FIRST PERSON they see when it comes to the main characters?

also also this bird is rather plot convenient. "here's dat stone you were looking for", "here's something you're looking for in general"

omg did we seriously need to recap DEEESSPPPAAIIIIIIIRRRRR.......and trying to redeem the saber-detoothed ripoff.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
zf6gelJ.jpg

Episode 131 "Universe 10's New World Order"
This week Grexeno, B-dubs, ckohler, and caliph95 discuss Yuri on Ice, next week's clone episode, Majora's Mask, protein shakes, Ristu, Ivan Drago, time travel, Kuwabara, and Netero's Nen.

Audio:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/Episode131.mp3

Timecodes:
0:01:11 News (SAO3 controversy, more awards planning)
0:12:28 My Hero Academia
0:20:38 Naruto: Shippuden
0:29:17 Boruto
0:36:36 Dragonball Super
0:46:43 Mob Psycho 100 (Live action Sonic poster)
0:00:00 Megalobox
1:03:47 Jojo: Diamond Is Unbreakable
1:15:38 Black Clover
1:22:15 Hunter x Hunter
1:31:18 Sign offs

You can subscribe in your podcast app using this address:
http://www.ckohler.net/toonamiescape/podcast.rss

Finally got around to listening to last week's podcast:
  • I haven't seen it, only heard about it in this thread, but I refuse to believe the SAO scene is worse than Berserk's Eclipse
  • I figure canon characters aren't used more in Naruto filler to avoid conflicts with manga canon material coming down the pipeline
  • Nah those Universe 10 jobbers don't deserve the Pillar Man theme
  • I was getting confused for a good bit as you were calling that Mob Psycho character "Josuke". Y'all are less clever than y'all think you are!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
omg ANOTHER recap uuuuuuggggggghhhh

when in the world did food girl have a spell to shrink people? WHY DIDN'T SHE USE THAT EARLIER LIKE AGAINST VETTO IUERHJFNILUFHISOURHWR9UIW9PRU3IU4J

HOW ARE YOU SINGING DESPITE A CRUSHED THROAT

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

4 wizard kings. 241 total. I might readjust it to take away all the repeats via the intro since I originally counted them because fuck it, i wanted that number higher.

OH CRAP. THERE'S POST-CREDIT SKITS THAT CONTAIN WIZARD KINGS. Do I have to freakin' go back & recount them, despite the fact they haven't been on Toonami?!

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
the last broly movie i watched was that one on toonami & it put me to sleep

also are you kidding me, random dancer dude is like "welp, saw noelle for like 10 seconds while she was talkin' to you sis, I'M IN LOVE", I had to pause because I just sank into my couch. Does everyone crush on the VERY FIRST PERSON they see when it comes to the main characters?

also also this bird is rather plot convenient. "here's dat stone you were looking for", "here's something you're looking for in general"

omg did we seriously need to recap DEEESSPPPAAIIIIIIIRRRRR.......and trying to redeem the saber-detoothed ripoff.
everything i've heard about the super movie makes it sound like the best dragon ball movie to date

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Ouch, waking up to Super Best Friends Play ending isn't the best way to end the weekend.

Well all good things have to come to an end. That's a sobering we're done video tho.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017

Well THAT took longer than intended. But was fun, so why not!

The line work on Stain and Ikalkgo is great!

Ouch, waking up to Super Best Friends Play ending isn't the best way to end the weekend.

Well all good things have to come to an end. That's a sobering we're done video tho.
Haven't seen them in a while but they were one of the few LP groups that didn't make me want to pull my hair out with how annoying they were. Pretty impressive considering most commenting LPers bug the heck out of me.

Definetly sucks.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho has been great so far, but I'm still of the opinion that I like One Punch Man more so far

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho has been great so far, but I'm still of the opinion that I like One Punch Man more so far
I wasn't too impressed with the first couple of episodes (aside from the actual animation itself), but I've definitely been coming around on it over the last few episodes. Definitely like OPM a lot more so far, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.