• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, as is I can barely keep it on in the background before HxH, and even then I fall asleep half the time. Now, I'll give it my best but I suspect I'll pass out 90% of the time.

Oct 25, 2017
Trust me. Give BLack Clover another chance.
don't_believe_his_lies_jpeg.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*looks ahead of schedule*

I think there might be one episode of Jojo I'll miss out on considering Avengers always causes a mess, but thankfully, I've been able to prove to myself I can stick around for Jojo while still getting my job done on time.

....look, I REAAALLLYYYY want to be able to stick around for my favorite Jojo part with the live reactions.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I wish DTL wouldn't keep trying to sell this thread on black clover...at least I know Man God is bullshitting about it.

Oct 25, 2017
What did Fate Apocrypha do to my boy Kyrie Kotomine!!!!!! This is an abomination!!! WHY IS FRANKENSTEIN A MOTHERFUCKING TSUNDERE!!????

Last edited:

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Don't expect anything from a series that makes its name turning historical and legendary figures into anime girls.
I know basically nothing about the Fate series.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even bother with that one. Ufotable's the only thing that gets me to watch them to begin with post-Fate/Zero

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched a man get his large intestine blown out of one of his ears. Dude put razor blades into the collar of his turtle neck and then kicks this mans throat out, I'm on ep 2 and this is already fucking bananas.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only Fate thing I've invested time in was Fate/Zero, and I was told it's the only good Fate series that's worthwhile.

You were told correctly.

Just beat it. That final encounter...
giphy.gif

I honestly think it's my new favorite game. It just does everything so damn well. Guess I'm gonna see if I can track down the dlc content since I know I missed some of it.

Game is like perfect honestly. Which feels weird to say since I do have games I like more than it, but I really have no faults with it lol

Apocrypha so bad I stopped and opted to watch the most recent Baki anime.

I heard that's a fun time.

Oct 25, 2017
I heard that's a fun time.
It is, I'll be watching more tomorrow.
The only Fate thing I've invested time in was Fate/Zero, and I was told it's the only good Fate series that's worthwhile.
Fate/Zero is the least anime of the bunch and it's great, great dub too. Matt Mercer nailed Kiritsugu. Fate Stay Night is watchable, but it's not Fate/Zero good. Apocrypha is a dumpster fire.
I enjoyed Unlimited Blade Works a lot.
I did too. It's not perfect, but it's still a pretty decent package. I didn't like how Shonen protagonist Shiro became, but that's my only real complaint with it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
should I just watch Fate?Zero or should I watch the 6000 awful other things that series has
As a huge Fate fan that has dumped at least $3000 into the franchise:

Watch Fate/Zero, it's a good introduction and can be a standalone watch. If you really, really enjoyed Fate/Zero, then maybe give Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works a shot, though ymwv with it since it's pretty different in tone. If you like UBW, then give the Heaven's Feel movies a try (first is out on bluray, second is coming to theaters soon).

Everything else you can easily ignore (Apocrypha , Grand Order, Extra). If anyone recommends "Prisma Illya" to you, call the police immediately.

Oct 25, 2017
As a huge Fate fan that has dumped at least $3000 into the franchise:

Watch Fate/Zero, it's a good introduction and can be a standalone watch. If you really, really enjoyed Fate/Zero, then maybe give Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works a shot, though ymwv with it since it's pretty different in tone. If you like UBW, then give the Heaven's Feel movies a try (first is out on bluray, second is coming to theaters soon).

Everything else you can easily ignore (Apocrypha , Grand Order, Extra). If anyone recommends "Prisma Illya" to you, call the police immediately.
How did you spend that much on the franchise? If you don't have the Fate/Zero Saber and Kiritsugu statues you have wrong priorities.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
The Stardust Crusaders S2 bluray and the first Chimera Ant HxH bluray come out in like 2 weeks.

already got those bad bois preordered

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Tomb Raider has nothing but boring PG-13 action.

The type of PG-13 action that when people are shot, CG blood smoke comes out of them.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*gets Starlink starter pack, there's no game inside & can't return it to newegg*

what a way to end 2018. it's like a metaphor or something i guess maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.