• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
OOPS WRONG THREAD I'LL SAY IT AGAIN

Man I'm sorry but the way this season of Attack on Titan has been structured makes absolutely no sense.

I have no idea if the manga was like this but it's really been throwing me for a loop

Have to agree here. I don't know what the fuck is up with S3 but something about it feels very off, like it's a different series at times.

Is there a different director? The direction feels kinda out of character for the show too.

Or it could be my mind playing tricks on me as I don't give two shits about Kenny. Idk.

Oct 25, 2017
Have to agree here. I don't know what the fuck is up with S3 but something about it feels very off, like it's a different series at times.

Is there a different director? The direction feels kinda out of character for the show too.

Or it could be my mind playing tricks on me as I don't give two shits about Kenny. Idk.
This is a weird season if all you cared about were Titan fights. I actually liked this season.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kenny is more a plot movement mechanism than a character

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i'll give this season of titan so far a solid B

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like this season more than S2, which is a little hilarious, because I was one of those manga readers who wasn't excited for this arc being adapted at all. I dunno, it just clicked with me.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 honestly wasn't great coming down from the hype

Not sure about 2 Because I didn't watch it but read the manga up until where 3 started and stopped though I know about the twist of the world because o read ahead

3 though so far is great better than 1 by far

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 was great and probably my favorite so far, though season 3 is pretty dang good too.

Oct 25, 2017
Kenny is more a plot movement mechanism than a character
He's a man that knows shit and has a connection to two important characters, he should have had more character but he didn't. Most of it I guess just stems from him being a survivalist piece of shit.
The dub feels really off too (more-so than S1). S2 was perfect in that regard.

So far S2 > S1 > S3.
I honestly just watch this subbed.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Cue people going 'not like this' when Blizzard is almost definitely working on actual D4 and is just not ready to show it yet

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Pop Team Epic to replace One Punch Man in the rerun slot.
45206277_2029443330679837_3540194460937748480_n.jpg

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the S3 dub of AoT is the best so far. In fact I imagine the slower conversational moments earlier in the season are probably more palatable when you can just listen to the conversation rather than read everything.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Zonic are you okay

Are you feeling well
AgitatedImpressiveAmethystsunbird-size_restricted.gif

No, but seriously, figures they go with a newer show to put in the rerun slot for the time being. Plus I'm not even around to watch the rerun shows, plus feel no obligation to rewatch it now that it's finished its run, thus having the course of making it a running joke of my dislike of PTE come to an end because there's currently no season 2 being confirmed, let alone coming to the block.

....if anything, this just means rehearing jokes of "lulz that character is totes zonik" when certain episodes air.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly a bit surprised they haven't put PTE on Adult Swim yet. It seems like it'd be a perfect fit and they already have the broadcast rights.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I could see them getting it after Toonami finishes its run. Put it after the weekday airing of Super. Hell, AS could be cheeky & split the episodes into two and just use the other 15 minutes for a different show of theirs, thus making it "24 episodes" to help stretch it out.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Best part of Blizzcon is bolt action rifle in Overwatch

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I know blizz likes to wait to announce things when they're ready to show it but they probably shouldve at least mentioned that they're working on D4

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
wait, so we're getting a thanksgiving marathon........the week BEFORE thanksgiving? Don't we usually get it the week OF?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
9:30 to 3:30

So DBZ Kai and Jack will run as usual?

edit:

duh Adam read the text in addition to the tweet image

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
They don't want a weird gap right before actual Thanksgiving.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017

This is a common complaint of this arc and where the series goes from here.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The AoT dub is good for the most part. There's only a few issues that seem more direction related than a problem with the actual VAs. The angry titan voice for Eren is one of those, but luckily we haven't had any of that this season.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Bryce just doesnt have a good growly voice

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
At least it isn't Funimation ruining the storied characterization of a robot making robot noises or having Goku make a joke like they do in Super.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Papenbrook & Bosch need to team up for an anime about a psycho duo, they've clearly shown when they're suppose to act crazy/creepy, they can actually do a pretty damn good job

Status
Not open for further replies.