• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I can only imagine the reactions/salt in the Treehouse thread.

I'm really disappointed over no Shadow, and I'm really surprised that it was Piranha Plant of all things instead of a 3rd party character. He looks awesome though.

On the bright side, no Rex/Pyra to worry about. Though I'm surprised that Spring Man (and Twintelle... dammit) is an assist trophy.

Anyways, all that aside, GOOD LORD this game has so much content.
Piranha Plant is such a nice addition, no one could have ever predicted that lol. He looks like he'll be a really fun troll character. And Rex and Pyra were never getting in since Xenoblade 2 was so recent. So yeah, happy about that. I'm still hoping for Elma as DLC though since she's actually pretty cool.

Oct 25, 2017
But figures are a colossal waste of money

The thousand+ I spent for Free! figures is like the best well spent amount of money ever. Also two more coming this week! Totally worth it.
Dqwox7jWwAEfJCp.jpg

If you want MHA figures, look for the Banpresto DXF figures. They have distribution all across the US (by Gamestop, FYE, Hot Topic, and Comic Book Stores), and they have an MSRP of $20-$25 dollars
s-l500.jpg

Banpreseto DX ones are ugly and are bottom of the scale.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I think the most I spent on a figure was actually a used figure- it was this Mitsuru from Persona 3 https://myfigurecollection.net/item/327
It was at a time when the dollar was rather weak against the yen (something like 90 yen to the USD) and the figure plus shipping was just over 10,000 yen, so yeah I paid well over $100 for a used figure

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed. Rex and Pyra were literally the only thing I wanted from Ultimate. I figured they wouldn't be in the base game, but not even as DLC? I'm legitimately really sad about that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I'm disappointed. Rex and Pyra were literally the only thing I wanted from Ultimate. I figured they wouldn't be in the base game, but not even as DLC? I'm legitimately really sad about that.

Well, I don't like them, like at all, but this is how I feel about ARMS, so I guess we have utter disappointment in common today. *hugs

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i mean the dlc could be anything...it could even be a boat

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Granted, I guess the DLC could have been planned out awhile ago. I suppose it's not impossible that Sakurai wanted some representation and didn't anticipate how big those games would be. I'm not holding my breath though.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Granted, I guess the DLC could have been planned out awhile ago. I suppose it's not impossible that Sakurai wanted some representation and didn't anticipate how big those games would be. I'm not holding my breath though.

To be fair, I can see now that he wasn't kidding about being really into XB2, if he went out of his way to get some representation for them. So hey, ya never know

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like how shields clearly don't work, but they keep using them.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
From a development standpoint, it makes sense, but it's still weird to see those games treated like this, given how incredibly successful they were. Though I did see someone mention that Lucas and Mewtwo were trophies in Smash 4 before being added as DLC, so nothing is completely set in stone. ARMS is the odder one here, because it's a lot harder to walk back from an assist trophy than a Mii costume. Are there any other ARMS characters that would make sense to be playable? I don't know much about it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From a development standpoint, it makes sense, but it's still weird to see those games treated like this, given how incredibly successful they were. Though I did see someone mention that Lucas and Mewtwo were trophies in Smash 4 before being added as DLC, so nothing is completely set in stone. ARMS is the odder one here, because it's a lot harder to walk back from an assist trophy than a Mii costume. Are there any other ARMS characters that would make sense to be playable? I don't know much about it.

Well Twintelle is the most popular by far overall, though some argue that it might not happen because technically she doesn't use her "ARMS" like everyone else does, but her hair. That said, I think she's a Spirit, so we're in uncharted territory on whether or not that would "deconfirm" her.

If so, that leaves Min Min, who is probably the 2nd most popular. And considering her aesthetic, as well as her dragon arm, I guess one could argue her to be viable to an extent.

Oct 25, 2017
Piranha Plant is like the best thing. I never asked for it, but now I'm all for it.

Smash is gonna be legit.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People only set themselves up for disappointment with these smash announcements. I've seen tons of people that thought characters like Sans from Undertale and fucking Goku were surefire picks.

Here I am just glad there's a substantial story mode again

Oct 25, 2017
People only set themselves up for disappointment with these smash announcements. I've seen tons of people that thought characters like Sans from Undertale and fucking Goku were surefire picks.

Here I am just glad there's a substantial story mode again

I will never understand the desire for Goku in the series.
Smash Bros is a celebration of video games.
And the sheer number of mental gymnastic people do to justify that their choice isn't utterly stupid is just... wow.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
If people actually believed that Goku was gonna be in Smash, then they need to sit down.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't expect Goku to be in smash, but i would've welcomed it

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Piranha Plant is actually the type of WTF character I want in Smash. Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Mr. Game & Watch, hell even Captain Falcon is kinda one when you consider he was never really shown outside of his vehicle in F-Zero.

If anything, I kinda wish Simon/Richter were the last characters to be revealed, would've been a cool way to be all "and that's everyone", but at the very least, we're getting DLC that's gonna be all new fighters, no echoes. Though sheesh, people will complain about DLC either way.

"Hey, we've got DLC coming out soon, i.e. months within the game's launch" = "UGH, clearly content that was part of the base game & just stripped away to be more of a cash grab"
"Hey, we're gonna make DLC but it's gonna take a while because we haven't started yet but want to give the game a long life" = "UGH, trying to get me to buy content not even available, let alone hasn't been worked on?" Why do I have to wait so long, I want it nooowwwww!!"

Also people are forgetting the DLC for Smash Wii U gave us stuff like RYU, BAYONETTA, AND CLOUD. & the DLC, including Piranha Plant, will put the total roster at a whopping 80. Hot damn.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
my Phoenix Wright dream is still alive for another year

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
There are now many more third party characters I truly care about than there are Nintendo characters who have yet to be added.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
You will get Apollo Justice and like it

Everyone gives the good good for Smash. Sonic. Ryu, Ken and Megaman. Pacman. Cloud. Snake, Simon Belmont. Bayonetta is the only non top tier character and that's understandable because she's basically a Nintendo property now.

If DB had a character it wouldn't be Gohan is what I'm saying. Sony All-Stars would get GT Goten for example. Sanji from One Piece.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Man, can't believe people are bummed that Smash has the sense to not include Shadow the Hedgehog
eh i don't really see any problem with having shadow as a character(he's not but still)....specially since his moveset would be lik 90% the same as Sonic's

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, when they said trophies were gone, part of me was super bummed since that was always a fun aspect of "I wanna see just who the hell made it in as a trophy" & read all the descriptions. But if they still let me view the spirits similarly to trophies with their own little blurb about said character, I'll be content.

eh i don't really see any problem with having shadow as a character(he's not but still)....specially since his moveset would be lik 90% the same as Sonic's
I think people were expecting him as an echo fighter, which while he's not my first pick, would've made some sense & would've fit with the whole "villains" thing we kinda had going with K. Rool, Ridley, & Dark Samus.

I'm slightly bummed that after Dr. Wily made it as an assist trophy, we didn't get one for Eggman. Have him just do the wrecking ball thing from Sonic 1.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Also if you're going to put Shadow in (why would you ever do this) you wouldn't do SA2 Shadow which is the one that could be Echo fightered easily. You'd do STH Shadow. With Guns. Stealing candy would be his final smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.