• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, seems like the issue was fixed. Dope.

Was recently unfortunately reminded that X-men First Class exists.

Remember how that movie had a character with reactive evolution as a power...

...and then they killed him?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I can't bring myself to be that harsh on most of the X-Men movies because The Last Stand exists, and it makes everything else look amazing by comparison.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Wa3SEp7.gif

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, seems like the issue was fixed. Dope.

Was recently unfortunately reminded that X-men First Class exists.

Remember how that movie had a character with reactive evolution as a power...

...and then they killed him?
Well the power couldn't overcome his weakness of being the sole Black guy and drama

That's two major weakness

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
isn't that the same power as doomsday?
Doomsday doesn't get killed by the same thing that killed last time iirc the scientists who created killed him over and over again to make him the hulk with spikes

Darwin powers means he cannot be killed because his powers would adapt so he can survive. It doesn't make him stronger or allow him to win, when he fought the hulk his powers response was to teleport him to another state.

Also Darwin was Hispanic but was white because his powers recognize racism

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Doomsday doesn't get killed by the same thing that killed last time iirc the scientists who created killed him over and over again to make him the hulk with spikes

Darwin powers means he cannot be killed because his powers would adapt so he can survive. It doesn't make him stronger or allow him to win, when he fought the hulk his powers response was to teleport him to another state.

Also Darwin was Hispanic but was white because his powers recognize racism
that power...isn't interesting...but neither is doomsday's
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_etq0mkgtpp4c0skc8wwc4cgog_640.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So I just noticed a small little detail on any thread you've posted in. If you hover over your avatar that's in the lower corner of the OP's avatar, it'll tell you how many posts you've made in that thread.

For example, after this post, I'll be at 463 posts for this month.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
So I just noticed a small little detail on any thread you've posted in. If you hover over your avatar that's in the lower corner of the OP's avatar, it'll tell you how many posts you've made in that thread.

For example, after this post, I'll be at 463 posts for this month.
THE SELF-REPORTED WALL OF SHAME

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So shouldn't Universe 6 win handily with a team of 10 Saiyans?
Reminder that the strongest Saiyan before Super Saiyan was Vegeta and Vegeta was weaker than Zarbon, Didoria, the entire ginyu force except Guido and characters you don't even remember like Cui and Shisami

Saiyans talk a big game buuuuuuuuut

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
You're not supposed to feel anything from people in God's accomplish and Youpi doesn't know how it works the smart thing is to not take a chance

Youpi gained a bit of a conscience
Idk. Even if you can force the King into a state of Zetsu, he's still ridiculously strong and sturdy. It's still a huge gamble going up against him even if he can't use nen

Reminder that the strongest Saiyan before Super Saiyan was Vegeta and Vegeta was weaker than Zarbon, Didoria, the entire ginyu force except Guido and characters you don't even remember like Cui and Shisami

Saiyans talk a big game buuuuuuuuut

I mean..... they were only ever allowed to get so strong until Freeza decided it they were getting to strong and killed off 99% of them. Without them fighting someone of equal or higher power they could never get stronger. And since Vegeta and co. were afraid of Freeza and his regime they could never progress till Goku came along.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Weirdly enough my atlerts are fine. Which could be a way to lure me into relaxing if this was like that one TNG episode where Riker is stuck in a simulation.

Simulation couldn't get most people perfect, but it did Troi's ability to state the obvious pretty well.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/hulu-funimation-anime-japanese-series-1203079274/

Hulu is doubling down on anime: The streamer, in its biggest deal for anime programming to date, inked an exclusive first-look pact with Funimation to distribute new titles licensed and produced by Funimation starting in 2019.

The new agreement comes after Funimation, owned by Sony Pictures Television, ended its cross-licensing deal with rival Crunchyroll earlier this fall.
Under the new multiyear pact between Hulu and Funimation, Hulu gets first dibs on U.S. streaming video-on-demand rights to anime series from Funimation.

The deal will make Hulu and Funimation the co-exclusive destinations to certain new subtitled anime series day-and-date with their Japanese broadcast premieres (and eventually dubbed versions as well).

So, Hulu is getting a first-look deal with Funimation. Wonder how that's going to impact Funi's relationship with AS/Toonami going forward. Also kinda makes Funimation Now kind of redundant?

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
https://variety.com/2018/digital/news/hulu-funimation-anime-japanese-series-1203079274/

So, Hulu is getting a first-look deal with Funimation. Wonder how that's going to impact Funi's relationship with AS/Toonami going forward. Also kinda makes Funimation Now kind of redundant?

Funi is likely to keep their "Simuldubs" exclusive to their platform. What they've done with Hulu in the past is hold back on releasing their dubs until around the time the home video releases out.

I am curious what this means for Toonami too though. Normally these type of arrangements also results in the streaming service blocking off the broadcasting rights.

Oct 25, 2017
Funi is likely to keep their "Simuldubs" exclusive to their platform. What they've done with Hulu in the past is hold back on releasing their dubs until around the time the home video releases out.

I am curious what this means for Toonami too though. Normally these type of arrangements also results in the streaming service blocking off the broadcasting rights.
I dont see why Hulu, the premiere site for Next Day Streaming of airing tv shows would desire for Funi to not put a show or too on Toonami, thought I guess unless Toonami burned some bridge with that Crunchyroll Half an Hour block...

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who subscribed to Funimation last week cause everything dissapeared from VRV... I'm really glad they gave me a free trial because I just canceled my annual Funimation account before it actually charged me.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Funimation Now is actually my favorite streaming service. I use it more than Netflix or Hulu now.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday: the VGAs and all the news they provide
Friday: the release of Smash, Nintendo's biggest game of the year
Saturday: whatever the hell Greg Miller is doing with his 60+ game announcements included stuff from the Yakuza team

HELL OF A WEEK TO TRY THIS
Funimation Now is actually my favorite streaming service. I use it more than Netflix or Hulu now.
I like it too, but considering it looks like everything is going to come day and date to Hulu now, why pay for bother services? You can upgrade your Hulu to commerical free with the money you save!

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
"Eat or Die! Mushrooms from Hell!"
Naruto's ship stops at a port to resupply in preparation of heading into the Sea Route of Silence, a stretch of ocean with no wind or fish which takes two weeks to traverse. On the way, a mushroom Naruto bought from a merchant, which supposedly helps sailors avoid starvation...

Status
Not open for further replies.