• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say Crazy Diamond was the strongest physically either. Definitely wasn't stronger than Star Platinum and it probably wasn't stronger than The Hand either.
I don't count jotaro as the group just a regular guest

But fine Giorno is physically weak unlike previous jojos

Actually diamond was stronger than Platinum Jotaro just had time stop

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's safe to assume Fire Force is going to have a second season of 24 more episodes soon after the first one.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Sexual awareness of SJ protagonists as seen through the lens of TOONAMI:

Last night I had an epiphany; Soma is the least sexually aware main character of a SJ manga lead we've ever had on TOONAMI. This is saying something. Now granted this only includes the shows on TOONAMI so we're getting rid of some really hyper dense blocks of woods from bad SJ rom coms, though SJ has also run stuff with mega horny characters plenty of times that also just hasn't appeared on this block.

So I'm going to make a scale from 1-10 and justify all these rankings. This isn't video game rankings here so a five is an average level of sexual awareness. A good example of this is Johnathan Joestar. He has what you might consider normal responses to Erina whenever the subject comes up. A bit chaste but nothing unusual. Let's make him the 5. This...might be where the scale tops out here.

Ichigo from Bleach is also right around a five. He blushes wildly when some of the weirdoes he hangs around with gets completely nude or does something lewd and has appropriate sort of reactions when he is attracted to someone.

Joseph Joestar is a six or so. He's horny but not wildly so. I guess he's the new benchmark.

Naruto is also around a five or so in part one. He's chasing Sakura around but not in an inappropriate way and knows the Harem stuff works on dirty old men though not the particulars of it. Bumped up to six in early part 2 after having Jiraiya rub off on him too much. After awhile as he settles down into Ninja Jesus he's maybe a four as they pretty much forget that part of his character pretty early on.

Gon is a two. He says some things he doesn't understand and has not so normal reaction to various states of undress, though he's also a lady killer and kinda knows it? It's enough to keep him from being a one at any rate. Killua if you'd consider him an MC would be about a five/six for obvious reasons.

Goku is a high two or low three. He might not understand kissing and he originally didn't even understand gender roles or any of our other societal norms but he's had kids and understands some things about sexual organs being desirable by DBS at least.

Fire Force guy might not know if he's a hero or a demon but he knows what a lewd situation is, that he is attracted to someone (the nun) and that other people are attracted to him (the crazy captain lady) that's good enough for a five.

Deku is a high four. Gets appropriately upset at Mineta's actions, is weirded out by Toka, might not get that Okacho is attracted to him but it isn't a misunderstand as much as him being dense.

Senku is a two. He's in love with science and gets why his muscle wanted to make clothes for a naked girl, but isn't really concerned with it. I think he gets why people act that way he's just not interested in it at all.

Soma is a one, maybe a zero. He's not just dense in the rom-com lead in a Shonen series sort of way, but he just never notices nor cares. Right now all of the traditional food gasms are internal dream sequences but this won't last as his harem grows. He is absolutely not concerned with anything that's not food and I'm not even convinced he knows where babies come from.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Deku and Ochako are the worst, both clearly like each other, both are too dense to acknowledge it or take the next step. Reminds me of the mc's in silver spoon, but at least in that the rest of the cast saw through their obvious shit and got tired of it.

The only girl who seems to be aware of how Deku and Ochako feel for each other is fucking Toga.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Luffy is also a very high one or very low two. He'd be a lock for one if he didn't join in on the peeping at the end of Dressrosa, though that might be pure peer pressure. He does understand modesty though isn't terribly concerned with it himself. I'm not entirely sure he understands reproduction either, and he's definitely never ever picked up on the signs of people attracted to him.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Luffy is also a very high one or very low two. He'd be a lock for one if he didn't join in on the peeping at the end of Dressrosa, though that might be pure peer pressure. I'm not entirely sure he understands reproduction either, and he's definitely never ever picked up on the signs of people attracted to him.

Did he peep after Dressrosa as well? I only remember Alabasta. Oda's excuse was "he acts more of a boy around usopp who brings the worst out of him"

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I meant Alabasta. That is Oda's reasoning. He's above Soma at least because he has a grasp on modesty though he doesn't care for it himself.

Mistaking Alabasta for Dressrosa is understandable though as they are parallel arcs.

Trying to think of any other SJ specific main characters I missed.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Demon Slayer is Shonen Jump, but probably hard to include that when we've only seen 3 episodes.

One Punch Man is technically part of the Jump line.

I guess black clover & boruto shonen jump as well

No point in including Promised Neverland considering they're young kids.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Demon Slayer is Shonen Jump, but probably hard to include that when we've only seen 3 episodes.

One Punch Man is technically part of the Jump line.

I guess black clover & boruto shonen jump as well

No point in including Promised Neverland considering they're young kids.

Norman would rank a 9 based upon season 1

Emma for platonic love of family is a 12, romantic love is a 1

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Shinra and Asta are probably tied when it comes to being aware of attraction.

...I am somewhat worried Yami doesn't know what sex is.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
OH SHIT I FORGOT ABOUT MY BOY PASTA SALAD:

Asta is a four. He understands modesty, is dense when it comes to people being attracted to him but is himself attracted to someone. He's a sister lily sexual. He understands when other people are in love/attracted to other people, he's just dense about it himself. He had thoughts when doing Vanessa's laundry and when she hit on him, and when the Crimson Lions wanted to peep at the volcano but he decided to stay pure for Sister Lily.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I can do the Square MC's too.

Ed Elric is a five.
Maka is also a five.
Dimension W guy is a four.
Akame Ga Kill guy is a five, borderline six.

Basically normal reactions.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deadman Wonderland
Eyeshield 21 (toonami jetstream)
Inuyasha
Patlabor
Rave Master
Rurouni Kenshin
The Prince of Tennis
Yu-Gi-Oh!

Zatch Bell

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There were two other Shonen shows that aired on jetstream that I never heard of so I didn't include them

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force isn't Jump by the way. It's Weekly Shonen Magazine. So really, it's a problem with the Shonen demographic in general.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Id rate Goku at least a 5. Dude has likely had sex with chi-chi many times

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I got bored & decided to remind myself of all the games I played/bought that came out this year since there's really nothing else this year I plan on getting. I may be forgetting a game or two since Wiki might've not had it listed, but this seems to be the major stuff.

- Bowser's Inside Story remake
- Travis Strikes Again
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
- Yoshi's Crafted World
- those Konami collections (arcade, Contra, & Castlevania)
- Cuphead (slightly cheating since it's an older game but hey it hit Switch this year)
- Boxboy + Boxgirl
- Team Sonic Racing
- Crash Team Racing
- Persona Q2 (though I barely touched it)
- Judgment
- Astral Chain (Need to get back this, only on ch. 3 or 4)
- Guacamelee 2
- Catherine Full Body
- Luigi's Mansion 3
- AI: The Somnium Files
- Link's Awakening
- Medievil

As to what I skipped out on but might get in the future:

- Tales of Vesperia (it's getting cheap, but do I really need more RPGs in my backlog)
- Jump Force (did not enjoy the beta, waiting for huge sale)
- One Piece World Seeker (waiting for sale)
- Umihara Kawase Fresh (waited for sale but then saw PS4 port confirmed, waiting for sale on that)
- Bloodstained (both Ritual & Curse, sales or Xmas)
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Dragon Quest Builders 2
- Kill la Kill If
- River City Girls
- Contra Rogue Corps
- Yooka-Laylee & the Impossible Lair
- Indivisible (I keep forgetting this finally came out)
- Ring Fit Adventures (I could use some variety with my exercise)

.....yeah, this was a real "wind down" year. I feel like making a top 10 would be hard in that "yeah, I enjoyed this, but I dunno about being the BEST of the year" compared to 2017, especially since I still need to play a few others. Hell, I forgot some were considered 2019, like all the beginning of the year stuff, i.e. KH3 & Travis Strikes Again.

Sucks that BF will have a few games I want on sale most likely, but with my current budget situation, I probably won't be able to buy much, if any, for myself since I need to focus on gifts for my family & friend (I'll probably give him my copy of Luigi's Mansion 3 since he loves the series but can't afford it at the moment)

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
images

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
If Bruno was a Jimstar, ergo the MC of Part V, he'd be an 11/10.

Jotaro is a rude version of Kenshiro and if he didn't have a kid I'd call him sexless, so I'd give him a 3.

Josuke, I don't know. It never really comes up does it. He gets why Koichi has a stalker so he's not entirely clueless but I can't get a read on him. Let's call him a four.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like Outer Worlds, but I wish it was more new vegas then it was Kotor. There isn't a lot of good exploration (which is one of my favorite things about first person WRPG's) that's more of a personal preference then a critique, but I liked New Vegas a shit ton more then Outer Worlds

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Next week's Black Clover is another fun one. Honestly I've liked all the episodes of this arc quite a bit more than the manga.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually dvr'd the episodes from this fight since I'm curious to see it. I meant to go back and watch the TEAM COMPETITIOOOOON! But forgot :X
The anime became competent. Even the bad looking animation has been smoothed out somewhat. I wouldn't consider the non important fight scenes great or even necessarily good but it flows now.

I rewatched the series up through the first round of the Royal Knights selection exam and the improvements over time really do add up. This show used to do gigantic recaps to pad out time, sometimes even repeating up to a minute of the show from before the commercial break directly after the break ended and had terrible animation as the baseline, and that was most of the time. Stuff was somewhere between rushed and needlessly drawn out at the same time, some battles were incomprehensible when it came to the action.

But lately the show has been tighter. Recaps kept to a more reasonable level and fit to set up the story and not repeat it. No more of the double dip on both sides of the ad. The baseline animation isn't what I'd call good exactly but fairly close to what I'd accept for a weekly animated program. The writing has improved a ton, though this is still Black Clover at its heart and generic to a fault I find the interactions between characters to be more on point and usually fairly entertaining. The turning point was the very end of the Witch forest arc though it was getting better from the nadir of the series, the first time they all got stuck in a cave fighting the same jabronis until a new batch of jabronis showed up.

Black Clover isn't for everyone. It's generic to a fault and cribs ideas everywhere. It's not usually all that good looking though I'd say it usually has great music. It is well dubbed for the most part though I did also notice that last night's episode wasn't the best aurally, the mix felt off. It's been competent lately though and I usually was far more interested in it than I was for Shippuden or Boruto and now it is a clear step ahead of what Shippuden is going to output for the rest of time. All of the talk of production issues on season one were real and then some, the last 50 episodes are clearly superior to the first 50.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I like Black Clover enough, it's near the bottom of the series I read weekly with Chainsaw Man, but I don't actively get angry reading it like some people do. I just have no expectations for it to be anything above average like Fairy Tail and Eden's Zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.