• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
if you have to read anything by Mashima make it Rave Master

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Glancing at the new season of SAO...

download-4.png

Hahahaha, whooo boy.

Four episodes till a SAO face.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
like you are a successful writer? :P
I can slam words on the page like no ones business until I hit dialogue. Then I get all stuck up about making it clear whom is speaking, which slows me a bit. Coming up with interesting LN characters is easy though as they don't have to be believable or well thought out at all, so it's really good for first time fiction writers.

Light Novels promote if not outright celebrate:

Shallow characters
Breezy unbelievable dialogue.
implausible scenarios only sketchily thought out
self insert Mary Sues of the worst variety possible whom every character finds unbelievably compelled to do anything for.

It's like falling into every literary trap possible and getting rewarded for it. I feel like this.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Light Novels promote if not outright celebrate:

Shallow characters
Breezy unbelievable dialogue.
implausible scenarios only sketchily thought out
self insert Mary Sues of the worst variety possible whom every character finds unbelievably compelled to do anything for.

It's like falling into every literary trap possible and getting rewarded for it. I feel like this.
I mean some for sure do that. Some are actually well written like Spice and Wolf or Twelve Kingdoms :P

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but Sturgeon's Law really REALLY hits Light Novels hard.
It's just a popular genre to hate on. It's in general not any worse than the rest of anime, you just don't talk about the rest of anime because it's not cool to hate on them :P

I mean people in this thread love to hate on Sword Art but it's still clearly a better series than XL Joushi (likely NSFW warning needed for this one) , Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth, Kandagawa Jet Girls etc :P
I'm still mad Spice and Wolf never got a third season.
maybe some day they will decide to finish up the original series to promote the new one. We are getting all of Fruits Basket so it's not like there is zero chance anymore :P

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Is 12 Kingdoms even a light novel? I just consider it a Fantasy novel. I guess in the 1:1 terms of Young Adult fiction but Hornier you could consider 12 Kingdoms a light novel.

Either way yes, I'm, what would the kids say, subverting tropes by meeting or exceeding genre expectations on my book, which I hope to share with everyone here one day. I did make the first few chapters intentionally boring.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure T-Pain is also a Steven Universe fan and even has his own gemsona

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Confession: I sometimes still pronounce it hunter eks hunter

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Find someone who loves you the way Walt Jr. loves breakfast.

I know I'm a few years late on that joke.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to hear *checks notes* B-Dubs' thoughts on waking up so horny

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
msQvk2U.png

Episode 174 "Whoops"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Raxus talk for an hour an a half but ckohler forgets to record it so instead they recap the block in under 9 minutes.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:02:18 News (MHA Season 4 promo, As See On / Toonami crossover)
0:02:37 One Punch Man Season 2
0:02:57 Dr. Stone
0:03:12 Fire Force
0:03:24 Food Wars!
0:03:52 Demon Slayer
0:04:15 Black Clover
0:04:40 Jojo: Golden Wind
0:05:08 Lupin Part 5
0:05:34 Best Shows of the Night and Apologies

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Status