• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight on Toonami, the hero kids are back where they belong as a reporter tries to get to the bottom of what makes Class 1-A so special, Garou hunts Metal Bat while the Elder Centipede runs rampant and the Super Fight tournament gets under way, Senku puts Ginro's new silver spear to good use as the team goes on the hunt for sulfuric acid, Company 8 gets a new recruit while Arthur and Iris do some scouting of their own, Soma switches his approach to create the ideal karaage to go, Tanjiro continues to fight his way through the Final Selection but he hasn't stopped thinking about how to turn Nezuko back into a human, Bruno introduces Giorno to the capo of Passione and the gangster decides to put Giorno's determination to the test, Shikamaru and Ino continue to try to convince Chouji to bring the fight to their former sensei, Shake Handz's new facial recognition app PeopleLog makes it even more difficult for Lupin and his gang to move around freely, and Eren and his friends Armin and Mikasa make their return to the block as the Titans descend on Shiganshina.

11:00 - My Hero Academia - 64 - The Scoop on U.A. Class 1-A
11:30 - One-Punch Man - 17 - The Martial Arts Tournament
12:00 - Dr. Stone - 12 - Buddies Back to Back
12:30 - Fire Force - 15 - The Blacksmith's Dream
1:00 - Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 18 - The Fried Chicken of Youth
1:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 5 - My Own Steel
2:00 - Black Clover - 94 - New Future
2:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 3 - Meet the Gangster Behind the Wall
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 274 - The Complete Ino-Shika-Cho Formation!
3:30 - Lupin the Third Part 5 - 21 - An Outdated Master Thief

4:00 - Attack on Titan - 1 - To You, After 2,000 Years: The Fall of Shiganshina, Part 1

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
As a Gran Turismo fan I think people should get used to games with gigantic "casts of characters" that are all playable should get used to a lot of selections not making it in every game. The fact that Pokemon was able to do different for so long is impressive but it was never gonna last, especially as they tried to improve the graphics which makes that much more work for the devs.

Except they didn't really improve the graphics, animation, etc. in a meaningful enough way to get people excited. Also I can accept "we can't get them all in there... at launch" but we live in a live service world where games like no man's sky and rainbow six siege can continue to get tons and tons of new content every year. It's now like pokemon is some tiny game franchise that gets by on grit, it makes hand over fist amounts of money. Gamefreak/TPC can afford to hire a legacy team who's job is to work on bringing more pokemon into the old game via patches, or make events out of it like what pokemon go does using the new wild area and raid battles, or when you release that worst kept secret gen 4 remake in 2020, patch sw/sh so that all the gen 4 pokemon are now in sword and shield too.

People keep saying "it's not possible to bring over 1,000+ pokemon", but this isn't the god damn gameboy, it's 2019 and you're on a console where patches and dlc are fairly standard and expected. People defending gamefreak/tpc or saying "they're too busy" are just accepting bad management.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
People keep saying "it's not possible to bring over 1,000+ pokemon", but this isn't the god damn gameboy, it's 2019 and you're on a console where patches and dlc are fairly standard and expected. People defending gamefreak/tpc or saying "they're too busy" are just accepting bad management.
I don't know if it's bad management as much as cheap management.
They could have contracted a number of outside developers/artists to make all the classic pokemon models for the game. It would have cost a decent chunk of money, but you also know 10 million sales is the bottom limit of sword in shield so it's not really a risk for them.

The higher ups clearly didn't want to spend the money or time to develop all the pokemon before launch. And we unwilling to delay the game until holiday 2020 to get them all in. I'm sure the developers that were working on the game already worked their asses off though.

I'm still expecting it to basically work as a GaaS and every few months they run an event that brings back some of the missing pokemon.

But my views on the game in general aren't of much importance. There was basically no chance of me getting sword and shield unless they added in a co op campaign for me to play with my SO.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I don't know if it's bad management as much as cheap management.
They could have contracted a number of outside developers/artists to make all the classic pokemon models for the game. It would have cost a decent chunk of money, but you also know 10 million sales is the bottom limit of sword in shield so it's not really a risk for them.

The higher ups clearly didn't want to spend the money or time to develop all the pokemon before launch. And we unwilling to delay the game until holiday 2020 to get them all in. I'm sure the developers that were working on the game already worked their asses off though.

I'm still expecting it to basically work as a GaaS and every few months they run an event that brings back some of the missing pokemon.

But my views on the game in general aren't of much importance. There was basically no chance of me getting sword and shield unless they added in a co op campaign for me to play with my SO.

If the plan is to gaas service pokemon you'd think GF would have announced that 6 months ago when the first wave of backlash happened. Heck you'd think 6 months of time would be enough for gf to come up with a better solution then head in the sand "lalala we can't hear you" canceling launch events and in general just acting like a massive heel about the whole thing.

I went with bad management since they continue to blunder every pr moment see their explanation of why the removed the feature to turn off exp share and their solution on how to "fix it".

And I agree with you on the coop campaign, in a classic gf move they introduced something fans have wanted for ages in lets go, and that feature was cut as per usual for seemingly no reason.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
The real problem with Pokemon is that it doesn't need a game a year

Oct 25, 2017
I'm officially another year older today.
source.gif

Looking forward to checking out Toonami with all of you tonight.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
that's what alabama fans get for cheering for trump tbh

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Sucking up money in Luigi's Mansion 3 is odd in that there's no real reason to, but there's something about it that just feels right.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'd do a luigi's mansion adventure in a heartbeat. Like you'd be filthy rich after it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned that Naruto's VA was in some disney TV show and it's freaking me the fuck out

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Except they didn't really improve the graphics, animation, etc. in a meaningful enough way to get people excited. Also I can accept "we can't get them all in there... at launch" but we live in a live service world where games like no man's sky and rainbow six siege can continue to get tons and tons of new content every year. It's now like pokemon is some tiny game franchise that gets by on grit, it makes hand over fist amounts of money. Gamefreak/TPC can afford to hire a legacy team who's job is to work on bringing more pokemon into the old game via patches, or make events out of it like what pokemon go does using the new wild area and raid battles, or when you release that worst kept secret gen 4 remake in 2020, patch sw/sh so that all the gen 4 pokemon are now in sword and shield too.

As a Gran Turismo fan welcome to a lauded long running hugely popular franchise that isn't well run in a lot of ways and suffers from a lot of repeat issues from iteration to iteration

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
It's a lovely day today in Tokyo, so I'll post next week's schedule...eventually. No idea when I'll get around to actually watching the block, but I'll have it recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.