• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Toonami |NovDec19| Staying Up Feeling So Horny

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Our own Toonami Escape Weekly Podcast, Hosted by thread regulars Grexeno, B-Dubs, and CKohler.

New webcast every Friday at ~8:00pm

Other useful links:

Toonami.com
Toonami Facebook
Toonami Simulcast

Show end dates. Through currently announced episodes. Does not account for unannounced marathons, etc.

Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 30
One Punch Man S2: December 28
Fire Force: January 11, 2020
Dr. Stone: February 1, 2020
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: April 4, 2020
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure: Golden Wind: July 18, 2020
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Thru Season 3): September 5, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: March 2, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|NovDec17||JanFeb18||MarApr18||MayJun18||JulAug18||SepOct18||NovDec18|
|JanFeb19||MarApr19||MayJun19||JulAug19||SepOct19|

Last edited:

Grexeno

Oct 25, 2017
title is just a placeholder anyway since me and B-Dubs both know exactly what it'll be

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother to keep watching OPM season 2.

There's something I never thought I'd say after watching season 1.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to wonder if I should even bother to keep watching OPM season 2.

There's something I never thought I'd say after watching season 1.
Because there's the occasional good Garou in between boring filler like the tournament

And there's sometimes a good animated moment in fights

Or really because Saitama English VA is great

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, still only 7th on the who replied list despite being able to stay for all of Toonami now.

Remind me, we didn't get a thanksgiving marathon last year, right? Wonder if they'll do one this year.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
This year has had the fewest marathon/movie nights since nu TOONAMI started by far.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Imperial Bishop wasn't wrong. The new opening to Fire Force is real bad.

I like the song, but the storyboarding in the opening doesn't fit it at all. I'd go so far as to say it's completely at odds with the song.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover is one of the few shows I can think of lately where all of the openings were at least okay. Some pretty damn good.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I only learned this week that you can leave Kliff and Faye behind for Celica to get in Shadows of Valentia. Great, just what Celica's army needed, to get even better than Alms and to torture Faye.

Oct 25, 2017
Prayers for a 4th year of BLack Clover. It continues to make oodles of yen. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-11-01/tv-tokyo-animation-division-reports-increase-in-profits-in-1st-half-of-fiscal-year-2019/.152840

TV Tokyo's top anime franchises, ranked by sales for its first half of the current fiscal year, are as follows:

1. Naruto
  2. Boruto
  3. Yu-Gi-Oh!
  4. Black Clover
  5. Bleach
TV Tokyo's top anime franchises, ranked by gross profit for its first half of the current fiscal year, are as follows:
  1. Naruto
  2. Boruto
  3. Pokémon
  4. Black Clover
  5. Yu-Gi-Oh!

Sagadego17

Oct 25, 2017
btw toonami era, Nor from Death stranding Japanese actor is the same as Kaiba from Yu-gi-oh subbed anime
Hit's Japanese actor voices Cliff as well

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover going to be pretty good tomorrow, well Sunday, well, you know what I mean.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only time people bring up WOW now is to make fun of it.

I don't know if that's true, but it feels like it.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they implemented a level squish in wow because It was getting ridiculous

Lotus

Oct 25, 2017
How are the starters looking?
Sobble3 is a travesty, just pure disappointment. It might have a saving grace if it looks great when animated, but as of now I don't like it.

Grookey3 is surprisingly dope, though it's hair is kinda weird.

Scorbunny3 is easily my favorite, but I know not everyone is crazy about humanoid designs so YMMV. It's Lucario-esque to me, and I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

Overall, still better than Gen 2, 5 and 6 (though Greninja individually is better than all 3), but I expect a mixed reaction.

They all appear to be mono type, so that sucks, especially for Grookey3 since it's a hard life out there for pure grass types.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
that feeling of thinking about your game collection & possibly having to finally come to the point of selling off your more rare/expensive games just to ensure you have a budget for Xmas shopping.......*thinks about how long it took to find a copy of Gotcha Force, something highly desired as a kid*...

I swear, half my game collection at this point is either backlog stuff or games I've already completed, & both mostly fall under "I have no idea when I'll ever go back to these but I can't sell them for some reason"....or they're so cheap I'd barely get anything out of them.