• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Sobble3 is a travesty, just pure disappointment. It might have a saving grace if it looks great when animated, but as of now I don't like it.

Grookey3 is surprisingly dope, though it's hair is kinda weird.

Scorbunny3 is easily my favorite, but I know not everyone is crazy about humanoid designs so YMMV. It's Lucario-esque to me, and I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

Overall, still better than Gen 2, 5 and 6 (though Greninja individually is better than all 3), but I expect a mixed reaction.

They all appear to be mono type, so that sucks, especially for Grookey3 since it's a hard life out there for pure grass types.
I looked them up and yeah that fire type does look cool. That's definitely a new Smash character in the making. I also like the grass type, but not as much as fire bunny. The water type looks pretty weird though, probably wouldn't go with that one. And why are they all mono types, that seems like a step back right?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad people here like Dr. Stone.
Reading a certain other forum, all they do is complain that it's not 100% accurate and complain it's nothing but asspulls and plot holes. *sighs*

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Stone never really hit it big/blew up did it?

It does decent numbers. It's been doing well enough in Jump that they're running a 9-chapter miniseries alongside it.
It's not a Kimetsu no Yaiba success, that's for sure. Though even Shueisha didn't predict that would blow up the way it did (the whole "can't keep stock in stores")
But it's not a "bomb" or "flop" like say... Samurai 8.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the latest volume of Dr. Stone sold around 68k in the first week.

Compared to other newer shonen jump properties:
Black Clover is selling around 90k
Latest Promised Neverland sold over 200k
Kimetsu no Yaiba's latest volume sold over 350k in the first week and that's with it selling out.
MHA and Haikyuu regularly sell around 300-400k in the first week
Spy x Family is brand new with no anime and the first two volumes sold over 100k, which is pretty impressive

So yeah, it does fine but isn't lighting the world on fire or anything.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Like others, I've been looking at the Pokemon leaks.

Generally speaking, I like a lot of what I'm seeing. One new bug type might replace Volcarona as my favorite bug type. The starters and their evos won't be my favorites, but they'll grow on me. I already like em more than the gen 2 starters, the least interesting Pokemon starters. (Looking at you Chikorita.)

Oct 25, 2017
gen 2 starters, the least interesting Pokemon starters
51f05548ebe6b.gif

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm feeling any of the new start evolutions. Never been a big fan of humanoid pokemon to begin with.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I looked them up and yeah that fire type does look cool. That's definitely a new Smash character in the making. I also like the grass type, but not as much as fire bunny. The water type looks pretty weird though, probably wouldn't go with that one. And why are they all mono types, that seems like a step back right?

No idea why they're mono type, it's disappointing. Only solace is that I don't feel bad for picking Scorbunny now, as an early leak had noted that it was Pure Fire type

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I feel it's a good thing we can discuss sales data here without turning into lunatics.

See One Piece and Demon Slayer fans on twitter lately if you wanna see people completely lose their minds over sales data.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I feel it's a good thing we can discuss sales data here without turning into lunatics.

See One Piece and Demon Slayer fans on twitter lately if you wanna see people completely lose their minds over sales data.

are kids trying to validate their hobbies/fandoms again

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
are kids trying to validate their hobbies/fandoms again

Yeah, basically. Demon Slayer had a huge boost in sales due the anime, and it might be the top selling manga of 2019. One Piece is typically #1.

But don't worry, both fandoms are handling this with finesse and grace.

Both fandoms-

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't One Piece be some giant hulking mastiff and Demon Slayer be an even yippier dog than a fat corgi?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
it's okay because One Piece is the second best selling comic series of all time

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
*starts Taiko Drum Master on PS4 & looks at DLC*

Hah, you can buy the OP for Promised Neverland...and Sword Art Online...and Hare Hare Yukai from Haruhi & Don't Say Lazy from K-On....and Undertale music? And the main list has the OPs for One Piece, Eva, & Attack on Titan....and i guess db super...

*sees Pop Team Epic's OP is unlockable*

i want a refund

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight on Toonami, Dragon Ball says farewell for now, Garou sets his sights on Metal Bat, Senku introduces glass back into the stone world, Benimaru enters the fray as Asakusa continues to burn, Soma takes a break from school to reopen Yukihira and decides to challenge a fried chicken chain at their own game, after 2 years of hard training Tanjiro sets out for the Demon Slayers' Final Selection, Giorno finds himself in a sticky situation as he attempts to fend off Bruno Bucciarati, Shikamaru and his teammates face off against their old sensei, Lupin's gang returns to some familiar territory in Russia only to find another group of thieves already hitting their targets including one Inspector Zenigata, and Mirio puts the young would-be heroes through their paces as season 3 of My Hero Academia wraps up again.

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 131 - The Miraculous Conclusion! Farewell, Goku! Until We Meet Again! - END
11:30 - One-Punch Man - 16 - The Metal Bat
12:00 - Dr. Stone - 11 - Clear World
12:30 - Fire Force - 14 - For Whom the Flames Burn
1:00 - Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 17 - Sensual Fried Chicken
1:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 4 - Final Selection
1:00 - Black Clover - 93 - Julius Novachrono
1:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 2 - Bucciarati Is Coming
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 273 - True Kindness
2:30 - Lupin the Third Part 5 - 20 - Zenigata, Gentleman Thief

3:00 - My Hero Academia - 63 - Unrivaled - END

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
plot twist: because tanjiro took so long to train, the demon that killed his family already died, thus making it so he could never get his revenge

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
quadruple twist, Kagome was the reincarnation of Kikyo

Oct 25, 2017
My cable box says there's an hour and a half of Kimetsu no Yaiba.
It also says Lupin is only 15 minutes long.
... So much for recording that.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, gotta set the clocks back an hour. Shame there's no goodie this year, but probably put the time & money into the TIE next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.