• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Righteous! Got a campus interview! My dream of being a college professor is one step closer to reality!!! And maybe a 2nd one since the department chair personally called me to tell me with 1hr of applying for the job...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
*sees One Piece World Seeker for $20*

*just bought Okage: Shadow King on sale on PSN, is going to get all the items in Bloodstained after beating it with 100% map and demons, & expecting a game or two for Xmas from friend*

Eeeehhhhh, should I? That was basically the price I was willing to give in & get it, but feel like I should hold off. Kinda wanna ask my friend, but I feel like he already did his shopping for me.

Don't buy it.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
& that's why i always use incognito

.....I mean as someone who never looks up inappropriate content, i fail to understand the nervousness portrayed in the video

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I might glance at the Dr. Stone marathon, but I'm not bothering with the OPM marathon.

I still gotta get presents for family.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I forget if I accounted marathons into my ending dates yet or not

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Got my tickets all ready for the big flick this Friday.

Been hearing some worrying things tho.

It's just...I really want Cats to be good y'all.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've probably played a few thousand games in my life. Quite a few of them were supposedly funny. A handful of games have made me laugh in my life. The only game to ever have me rolling on the floor laughing was Lego City Undercover.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LEGO Racers =Diddy Kong Racing =Crash Team Racing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mario Kart 64.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness that Cats is apparently a fucking wild movie and that Uncut Gems hits on Christmas and is a great movie... because it looks like they managed to fuck up Star Wars to the point where even people that defend TLJ think the movie was bad, so no one will be happy!

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm probably gonna get dragged to see Star Wars this weekend...Dammit. At least Cats sounds like a fun mess. I'm just tired of hearing about Star Wars at this point.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if I will see it anytime soon, when it comes out, but I am definitely interested in Uncut Gems. Looks amazing from what I have seen and heard about it.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
When Adam Sandler tries, his performances can be good.

When he coasts, you get stuff like Jack and Jill.

Comedic actors tend to have alot more range the people give them credit for, being able to tap into certain emotions, characters and such that they do in comedy can/easily transfer into acting.

It sorta sucks more comedians don't get to show of there skill or they just don't pick up those roles and go for there type of movies because they are more comfortable with those movies.

Will Farrell can be a good/great actor, go watch Stranger then Fiction and Everything must go but watch his "comedies" like Land of the Lost ohhhhhhhhh hell no.

Awards

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Guess what time it is everyone

It's time for the 2019 ToonamiERA Awards Nominations!

Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:

Worst Moment
Best Moment
Best Power, Ability, or Weapon
Best Name
Best Dressed
Best Fight
Best Villain
Worst Character
Best Character (Male)
Best Character (Female)
Biggest Disappointment
Best Surprise
Best Performance by a Voice Actor
Best Performance by a Voice Actress

You may make up to 3 nominations for each category, picking from the shows which aired new episodes this year:

Dragon Ball Super
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
My Hero Academia
Mob Psycho 100
Megalo Box
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind
Black Clover
Hunter x Hunter
Naruto Shippuden
Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2
Sword Art Online: Alicization
The Promised Neverland
Lupin the Third Part 5
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red Comet
Fire Force
gen:Lock
Dr. Stone
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
One Punch Man Season 2

If you need a reminder for what episodes aired this year, here's the first schedule of 2019

You have until 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, January 1st to submit your nominations. Feel free to post them in the thread, but please make sure to PM them to me as well. If you wish to change your nominations at any time, please respond to your initial PM with your changes.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Worst Moment:

Yeti Cool Brothers being taken out by Law

Best Moment:

Law learning what an alliance with Luffy really means

Best Power:

Virgo's amazing ability to have hamburger stick to his face

Best Name:

Caesar Clown

Best Dressed:

Robin

Best Fight:

Franky versus Buffalo and Baby 5

Best Villain:

Virgo

Worst Character:

Brownbeard

Best Character: Nami

Biggest Disappointment:

Monet getting her heart destroyed

Best Surprise:

Law's Chopper Hat

Best Performance of a VA: Nami's VA telling CC to die.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad that I can't possibly nominate Goku vs. Jiren for best fight considering how butchered the Toonami version was

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the non frame crunched version and barely notice the difference. It's worse in the fights that aren't as well animated.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the non frame crunched version and barely notice the difference. It's worse in the fights that aren't as well animated.

Don't see how

The cut frames happened during moments with lots of movement. It wasn't just repeated frames that got hit. Just look at Shida's cut in 130, it was completely butchered despite not having that many repeated frames.

That's why the final episode didn't get hit that much. That episode doesn't have that much actual sakuga compared to 130, it just relies on very detailed art and nice key frames.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, that's right, the 2nd half of MP100 aired this year.

Best fight is gonna take a while to figure out. Aside from Meruem vs. Netero, that's easily on lockdown.

Worst moment....it's sao, what debate is there?

Biggest Disappointment, aside from no MP100 S2, is easily OPM S2....oh right, Megalo Box aired this year, I completely forgot. Put that as runner up.

Best villain is gonna be hard. Grex, better make sure I'm on to help ensure Kira wins.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Kira is great and probably the best JoJo villain in the anime so far, but he's still not on Meruem's level

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn it, how did I forget Promised Neverland was this year? Yeah, Isabelle is totally one of my 3 picks.

Remind me the name & VA of that one girl we all called cinnamon roll in HxH. Komugi?

Status
Not open for further replies.