• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Akira: My nose is the strongest in anime.

Tanjiro: Hold my Boxed Sister.

Time for another episode of Food Wars!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know, considering the stereotype....it seems weird to have the whole "being looked down due to being a woman" cliche be applied for a cooking show.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
These last few episodes really have a lot of scenes with the chibi forms of characters. Wonder if it was in the manga as well or if it was an anime short cut

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Wherein Megumi returns to the Japanese remnants of the confederacy.
Ya know, considering the stereotype....it seems weird to have the whole "being looked down due to being a woman" cliche be applied for a cooking show.
It's not weird vs the real world representation, but it's silly given the show has a ton of women in powerful character slots all around.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wherein Megumi returns to the Japanese remnants of the confederacy.
It's not weird vs the real world representation, but it's silly given the show has a ton of women in powerful character slots all around.
That too, considering half of Soma's friends are girls, the school seems pretty 50/50 in terms of boys and girls, & we've had Megumi grow as a character in that the series recognized she was relying on Soma.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Well shucks gosh darn higgity diggity doodah, Megumi. We are sure tootin pickled green to have you back here in our small Juh-puh-neese village.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where you're going with this. The restaurant business is extremely male dominated.

For example, in this year's Tokyo Michelin guide, there are 226 restaurants earning stars. Out of those, THREE are led by female chefs. 223 are led by men.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I'm going to use cocaine as my main spice!
Is this... explicitly banned? It seems students can bring in extremely exotic outside ingredients that aren't equally available to everyone.
For example, in this year's Tokyo Michelin guide, there are 226 restaurants earning stars. Out of those, THREE are lead by female chefs. 223 are led by men.
The show doesn't give this impression that all, though. It's almost a 50/50 balance in both students and graduates.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure where you're going with this. The restaurant business is extremely male dominated.

For example, in this year's Tokyo Michelin guide, there are 226 restaurants earning stars. Out of those, THREE are lead by female chefs. 223 are led by men.
Didn't know that. I just remember most of the time, it would be my mom making the meals (be it at home or for events) along with my friends' moms, unless it was something on the grill. Plus the crappy sexist attitude of "women belong in the kitchen" from decades ago.

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know that. I just remember most of the time, it would be my mom making the meals along with my friends' moms, unless it was something on the grill. Plus the crappy sexist attitude of "women belong in the kitchen" from decades ago.
It's like you weren't paying attention when Colete from Ratatouille said that haute cuisine is an antiquated hierarchy built upon rules written by stupid, old, men. Rules designed to make it impossible for women to enter that world.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't all the smells mix together, like having a bunch of scented candles lit all at once?

I say, having a poor sense of smell.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - My Hero Academia - 68 - Let's Go, Gutsy Red Riot
11:30 - One-Punch Man - 21 - The Troubles of the Strongest
12:00 - Dr. Stone - 15 - The Culmination of Two Million Years
12:30 - Fire Force - 18 - The Secrets of Pyrokinesis
1:00 - Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - 21 - That Which Is Known Yet Unknown
1:30 - Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 8 - The Smell of Enchanting Blood
2:00 - Black Clover - 97 - Overwhelming Disadvantage
2:30 - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 6 - Moody Jazz's Counterattack
3:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 277 - Unison Sign

3:30 - Lupin the Third Part 5 - 24 - Viva Lupin III - END
4:00 - Attack on Titan - 4 - Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback, Part 2

Later.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
-Be Walter White
-Become successul drug entrepreneur
-Become crazy arrogant
-Get shit faced drunk and accidentlally lead DEA brother-in-law to the drug lord you work for
-Get asked by DEA brother-in-law to plant tracking device on drug lord's car

This is some next level playing yourself right here.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about fake Pokemon leaks.

EKq-E5-Wt-XUAAG-WD.png

What possesses a man to create such a thing...

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Shock videos like that contribute nothing to society

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I actually intended to watch the Food Wars! Marathon but sleep caught up to me. The tv was on with no timer though so it definitely made my dreams food related, though not horny in any way.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I think I've gone past the halfway point in The Messenger and....yeeeaaaahhhh, the shift really makes the game weaker when you realize they decided to just be all "we're changing genres now". Which is a shame considering the moveset you get does make it fun to proceed through the stages, but not exactly to backtrack. Hopefully the DLC will keep what made the first half fun.

Now I can't help but wonder if I should go into Bloodstained so soon after.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'll probably finish P3P this month along with a healthy dose of pokemoning. I never got around to FF VIII or Octopath this year but I'm happy with what I id clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.