• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
On the final chapter of Banner Saga.

Good game, but it's a shame you can't romance Tryggvi.

20180901005903_1.jpg

Yes, Tryggvi, I could also tell by your face that it was you.

(There's not really a romance aspect in this game, but there is one person you can get close to.)

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
please everyone knows especially in the southeast that summer really lasts til mid october, sometimes even later

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The Entertainment creation and the elimination of the Electra Hangouts is interesting as it among the first steps this place is doing that will be out of the shadow of the Neo GAF as large parts of this place are still based off the old models. I suppose I wouldn't mind a further splintering of the Era to have politics as its own section because good god does that dominate and depress.
Yeah honestly Politics really needs it's own board obviously politics related to entertainment related to entertainment should be in entertainment since that's relevant and needs to be there

But general politics should be in politics

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah honestly Politics really needs it's own board obviously politics related to entertainment related to entertainment should be in entertainment since that's relevant and needs to be there

But general politics should be in politics
Did nobody read the OP of that thread? This ain't a politics/non-politics split.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The SU thread is dead most of the time and then it gets pretty active for a couple weeks when new episodes come out

The show doesn't have much longer anyways. We're basically in Endgame. Steven talks to White Diamond, makes her a "friend" too and then all gems and humans live in peace on earth, the end.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
It's been rainy all day here which is pretty rare here. Definetly not fall, but I don't feel comfortable calling it summer either.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The show doesn't have much longer anyways. We're basically in Endgame. Steven talks to White Diamond, makes her a "friend" too and then all gems and humans live in peace on earth, the end.
It's a maybe endgame I think it's basically up in the air if we're getting another season

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Did nobody read the OP of that thread? This ain't a politics/non-politics split.

Considering A LOT of people on both the "separate politics from everything else" and "don't separate politics from everything else" think this move is an aim to separate politics from everything else should tell you how well this change is being sold/presented (if not implemented).

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Tonight on Toonami, we go beyond even the usual six hours of Toonami for a Labor Day marathon of season 1 of My Hero Academia.

10:00 - My Hero Academia - 1 - Izuku Midoriya: Origin
10:30 - My Hero Academia - 2 - What It Takes to Be a Hero
11:00 - My Hero Academia - 3 - Roaring Muscles
11:30 - My Hero Academia - 4 - Start Line
12:00 - My Hero Academia - 5 - What I Can Do For Now
12:30 - My Hero Academia - 6 - Rage, You Damned Nerd
1:00 - My Hero Academia - 7 - Deku vs. Kacchan
1:30 - My Hero Academia - 8 - Bakugo's Starting Line
2:00 - My Hero Academia - 9 - Yeah, Just Do Your Best, Iida!
2:30 - My Hero Academia - 10 - Encounter with the Unknown
3:00 - My Hero Academia - 11 - Game Over
3:30 - My Hero Academia - 12 - All Might
4:00 - My Hero Academia - 13 - In Each of Our Hearts

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Considering A LOT of people on both the "separate politics from everything else" and "don't separate politics from everything else" think this move is an aim to separate politics from everything else should tell you how well this change is being sold/presented (if not implemented).

I think people are just dumb and think "if it's not entertainment, it's politics"

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the time Jiren's run is done he's going to be pretty much the least interesting villain out of the bigger shows currently on Toonami. Jiren brings the hype from a fighting standpoint, but character wise he's weak.
I know im late to this, but jiren is not a well written character in the sense that he has deep huge motivations or anything, he, just like all the other dragon ball villains are actually paper thin.

Jiren is super badass though, which is far more important to me in dragon ball, then him having a deep and convoluted back story. Dragon Ball is basically just wrestling with more lights

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing we're making sure no one has high expectations for Jiren so no one can be disappointed

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
i fucking love Jiren and everything he does

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing we're making sure no one has high expectations for Jiren so no one can be disappointed
If you guys like cool wrestling characters, Jiren is a cool wrestling characters

If you guys dont like cool wrestling characters, and demand things like "characterization" and "deep personality" then you are going to not lie Jiren.

Jiren is just cool. He's very similar to Hit who was also not a very deep character but still managed to be a super cool one.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's in the OP clear as day so I dunno what to tell ya. The mods wouldn't have let this get this far if it was meant to do what people think it is.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Dm_Br_FCCX0_AESQBv.jpg

Have you trusted your instincts as a gamer lately?

Don't do that. In fact, never do that.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Who's this Jiren guy and why does he sound like a watered down
Katakuri?
Sounds like a character that's a wall that talks
If you guys like cool wrestling characters, Jiren is a cool wrestling characters

If you guys dont like cool wrestling characters, and demand things like "characterization" and "deep personality" then you are going to not lie Jiren.

Jiren is just cool. He's very similar to Hit who was also not a very deep character but still managed to be a super cool one.
I like Hit but he's also not as dull as Jiren though honestly I kinda liked him in the beginning of the hype before I just got more bored

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The only thing I know about Jiren is that he's really strong. Like so, so strong. You wouldn't believe how strong he is.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I've said this a million times, but Dragon Ball is the franchise that gave us Perfect Cell and Super Buu. Its track record with main villains is spotty, to say the least. Jiren's pretty middle of the road.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
jiren is all natural, he spends his days punching planets apart

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren is humorous because he is a combination of your classic Grey alien and Brock Lesnar.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
unlike Lesnar Jiren actually shows up to defend his championship

Status
Not open for further replies.