• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The story is bad in Berserk 2016/17 too. Just because the source material is good doesn't mean it's automatically good in the anime when they completely fuck up the pacing and tone.

Oct 25, 2017
Been reading the manga lately and it's still pretty faithful.
Not pacing wise and not to mention that it cuts out lost children and the black swordsmen arc, there's stuff that there that's sort of faithful and there's stuff that's completely not there that should be there. Also completely drops the portion of the story linked to Charlotte's rescue, which is where the second season should have ended, but didn't because they didn't have the budget or talent to even be able to animate that.
berserk fan are so lucky, they got three separate adaptations.
We got a series and a set of movies dedicated to Golden Age and a third series that pretty much shits on the good name of Berserk. I'd pretty much buy only one of these things and it's the one animated by the old Pokemon team. The only good movie in that Golden Age trilogy is the one dedicated to The Eclipse.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon: a kid who's had their pokemon for maybe a month beats the pants off of a bunch of professionals with years of training and experience under their belt

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 2 of Castlevania was really damn good. Quite easily one of the, if not the, best videogame adaptation.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact, Josuke's spaghetti punch pose is one of his iconic ones and the one they used during his scene at the beginning of the Phantom Blood opening animation.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

latest

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
black clover starts with a quick reminder of "hey, this girl likes asta"

god.....the more you have to remind your audience "NO, THIS GUY TOTALLY HAS GIRLS WHO WANT TO BONE HIM", the more it just makes you realize the guy in question would NEVER actually get the girls and just feels so damn forced.

At least in something like.....I dunno, Yakuza, Kiryu Kazuma actually spends time with the girls and does actual things that'd make him appealing, plus the women actually have more personality than "i am attracted to this person, that is my single defining trait"

Maybe that's why harem shows really annoy me nowadays, because the MC is such a bland self-insert that all I can think of is the fact the main guy does so little to make himself appealing as a character.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Mimosa and glasses guy went through a lot with Asta. Some attraction there is fine. It's not completely out of nowhere. Same with the girl he went to the mixer with. Singing girl from this arc, yeah, you'd have a better case there.

If the Midnight sun science lady started wanting to join Asta's harem now that would be a problem.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't she kinda already? She's basically the Yandere of the group.

As freakin' annoying as it is that Noelle's whole "ZOMG I'M TOTES NOT INTO ASTA", it makes SOME sense considering he was the first guy to actually treat her like an actual person & it's not her only trait........because she has a 2nd trait of "I AM ROYAL ROYALTY, YOU PHEASANTS"

Maybe I just feel that way because lately, I've been watching anime like Love is Hard for Otaku, Tsuredure Children, etc. that do such a better job, but then again, that's the entire focus of those shows & this is just a brainless shonen that I'm putting WAAAAAY too much thought into because I'm finally reaching the point it's no longer "fun bad".

Edit: GODDAMN, NOT EVEN DANGANRONPA BRINGS UP DESPAIR THIS MUCH.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they first meet Asta when he supposedly gives his life to save them from the Diamond guy, all while being buff as fuck and saying he'd do anything to save his friends. I'd get the attraction somewhat, considering they're usually surrounded by stuck up nobles all the time. It's pretty much the same as part 1 Naruto and how he won people over to his side. He's a loud brat that's look down on by the society he lives in all the time, but still tries to save said people regardless. It's "makings of a hero 101". Hell, same thing can be applied to Deku for the most part.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they first meet Asta when he supposedly gives his life to save them from the Diamond guy, all while being buff as fuck and saying he'd do anything to save his friends. I'd get the attraction somewhat, considering they're usually surrounded by stuck up nobles all the time. It's pretty much the same as part 1 Naruto and how he won people over to his side. He's a loud brat that's look down on by the society he lives in all the time, but still tries to save said people regardless. It's "makings of a hero 101". Hell, same thing can be applied to Deku for the most part.
Exactly. Mimosa was always a kind person but glasses guy was a douche until after Asta saved his butt and he became a devoted friend and woke to the class struggle and the main member of the harem.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Magma: "Dammit, you're my best friend"

..................................SINCE. WHEN?

also this team-up attack feels like it's ripping Naruto off, but having not seen Naruto in like 10 years, I dunno.

there was only 1 wizard king, putting the total at 231.

PURIFY ME, HUNTER X HUNTER.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT

I had to pause because for like a minute or two straight, I was laughing so hard at what happened to Cheetau.

Thank you, HxH, for cleansing the pain of BC away.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"It felt as though time was being condensed"

Line of the arc, right there.

KNUCKLE CAN NO LONGER CHUCKLE

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Togashi should just write the rest of Hxh as a novel then hand it off to someone to draw it out

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck am I supposed to do in the beginning of BOTW? They just throw you into an open with no weapon and a shitty combat system and tell me to go to this...I'm assuming I'm supposed to be at the Temple of Time, but there's no plot or objective trigger here, this is fucking boring.

Oct 25, 2017
Togashi should just write the rest of Hxh as a novel then hand it off to someone to draw it out
Though I would want that, Id honestly be mad if a series changed drawing styles partway. I feel like Togashi's style is a relic of a past and that its a cultural icon that differentiates the manga from others, where everyone has moved to tons of digitally heavy or even fully iPAD generated art works or inserting 3D CGI objects into their work, or even just being influenced by modern artstyle, his feels so different and unique, that it'd be a disservice and offensive to change it, and in this case it is something that goes beyond mere character designs but so much more of the hxh aesthetic.

would people really want an artists change, I cant imagine people are serious about that.

Oct 25, 2017
The gaming press got it so wrong on BOTW, this easily shaping up to be the most overhyped game I have played unless there's actually some sort of narrative, the combat mechanics fucking stink.

Status
Not open for further replies.