• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
We interrupt your arc involving rescuing citizens for this episode about training by rescuing citizens

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
yo for real though fuck Tsukasa that pillar man asshole tried to kill science

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
deku is the master of conjecture, just like Jill Valentine is the master of unlocking

Baroque

Oct 25, 2017
Cementoss is apparently 28. If he has been a fan of All Might since he was a kid then we can assume his debut was around that age. What we need to determine is at what age someone can be conscious of and become a fan of someone. If we say 4 years old is too young to have such consciousness then All Might must have been active for at least 23 years. All Might graduated at age 18 but then went to fuck around in America for a few years. Depending on how long he was in America, All Might might very well be in his mid to late 40s.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Next week on Toonami:

11:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 130 - The Greatest Showdown of All: The Ultimate Survival Battle!
11:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 121 - All-Out War! The Ultimate Four Way Combination vs 7th Universe's All-Out Attack!
12:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 122 - With His Pride on the Line! Vegeta's Challenge to Be the Strongest!
12:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 123 - Body, Soul and Full Power Unleashed! Goku and Vegeta!!
1:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 124 - A Storm and Stress Assault! Gohan's Last Stand!
1:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 125 - A Commanding Presence! Advent of Top the Destroyer!
2:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 126 - Surpass Even a God! Vegeta's Sacrifice Strike!
2:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 127 - The Approaching Wall! Hope Placed in a Final Barrier!
3:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 128 - To the Noble, Proud End! Vegeta Falls!
3:30 - Dragon Ball Super - 129 - A Transcendent Limit Break! Autonomous Ultra Instinct Mastered!
4:00 - Dragon Ball Super - 130 - The Greatest Showdown of All: The Ultimate Survival Battle!

Later.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I tried to nap before toonami and ended up sleeping the whole night away instead -.- will catch up on everything on demand

Aug 7, 2019
tenor.gif

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, though I've been sleeping through them, Lupin and Gundam have both been exceptional and easily the best shows on the block. I really wish they were on earlier.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Catching up the shit I slept through

Gen Lock Finale

Well that was a thing, a lot of waste potential with some decent mindless action. Whoever said the show was a copy of a copy of a bunch of better mech shows nailed it. I wouldn't be opposed to a season 2 that was better executed but that doesn't seem likely.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
The scene where Chase was uncomfortable mind melding with the rest of the gang would have been a good moment if it was built up to.

Like if there was a scene where everyone tried to mind meld and Chase either flatly refused to, or failed to.

As it stands, I'm having trouble thinking of moments where Chase really interacted with the rest of the genlock crew...

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The scene where Chase was uncomfortable mind melding with the rest of the gang would have been a good moment if it was built up to.

Like if there was a scene where everyone tried to mind meld and Chase either flatly refused to, or failed to.

As it stands, I'm having trouble thinking of moments where Chase really interacted with the rest of the genlock crew...
feels like he was mostly off to the side making quips while they did their 'team bonding'

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

They showed in the battle for the vanguard chase didn't want to sync with union girl, then he reaffirmed his reservations last episode. It was pretty well established by gen:lock standards. Much better established then the throw away line about Sinclair being "too old for gen:lock".

Dr Stone

This always felt like the real beginning of dr stone, with the stuff before it feeling like a prologue to establish the world. Series pretty much skyrockets from here.

Fire Force

This fight would be a battle of the year contender if Tamaki fan service didn't kill it. It's not even so much that her clothing got burned off, but it was the two pace killing awkward moments of falling into boobs and accidental kiss were pace killers. The actual lore stuff hinted at seems interesting. Also the ending with Arthur was hysterical.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
when this arc first aired, people thought that Grand minister was the final boss and that there'd be an all out war against the angels.

i want that now.
As someone who has only watched the dub and no knowledge of anything past this episode (don't wanna be spoiled either), I fully expect the angels to become antagonists at some point. Definitely felt like they had some scheme subtly being hinted at earlier in the season when they started introducing everyone other than Whis.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Valtos

Valtos is a member of the Eye of the Midnight Sun and a master of spatial magic. He's kinda like the teleporter of the League of Villians in MHA. He helped attack the capital and was one of the people responsible for Fuegoleon's injuries. I wonder when he'll be back in the anime...

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Really annoyed I can't watch super on demand since xfinity is saying the rerun on saturday is the premier -.-

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Can't decide whether Gundam or Stone is the best on the block at the moment. Might lean Stone personally because I always have a lot of trouble deciphering large scale events time and space-wise: not to mention the fighting is really one-sided right now, even if the drama is really interesting (and as someone who hasn't seen the first gundam, I appreciate the absence of drama-killing spoilers from you guys).

Fire Force is pretty interesting: some refreshing aspects like a denser rival than protagonist, some not so much with all the distracting "fanservice" moments.

Too lazy to write up much else right now. Boruto is definitely the block's current average.

Also, Beyond the Time is current OP of the year:

Honestly, that exact sequence felt like it was out of a movie instead of a serial anime with how absurd the power increase was.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Kiss Me and Love Dramatic are my current OPs of the year

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Lupin and Gundam probably have my favorite Toonami OPs this year.

Mob as well if we get it before January.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Kiss Me and Love Dramatic are my current OPs of the year
as stupid as it is....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULjbIMvP6A0&t=0 (how heavy are the dumbbells you lift... linked because the opening is likely not considered safe for work)
Onegai Muscle is up there for me as well.... it's stupid, and I hate that I like it... but damn it... it's damn catchy #_#

but in general Carole and Tuesday is likely going to sweep my music choices this year lol. (and... in general.. I hate when they put the pop station on at work :P Carole and Tuesday is in general good pop despite the fact that the story is how instead of having any heart in the music it's made by AI now lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.