• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
these last two episodes of super are where i went from just having fun watching jiren beat the shit out of people to legitimately being a big fan of him

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Jack the Ripper

In the pantheon of lazy Black Clover names, this guy might be the top. I mean, come on. Captain of the Green Praying Mantises, uses slash magic. Is kinda sadistic. Thinks he is Yami's rival when that's clearly the captain of the Golden Dawn.

Oct 25, 2017
the TruNinja
tumblr_p0l33gGosd1w7kcp9o3_540.png

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
DTL talking about a bunch of backgrounds as if they ever had a chance to be relevant

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
So is gen:Lock the biggest disappointment of the year concerning the Toonami block so far or would it be the schedule changes?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was yet another good Lupin episode

Also him and Fujiko's relationship is so complicated lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So is gen:Lock the biggest disappointment of the year concerning the Toonami block so far or would it be the schedule changes?
Eeehhhh, I feel like expectations were low from the start, especially after the first episode. Though I can see it being possible runner-up for worst show assuming the list isn't filled with the usual suspects i.e. Black Clover & Shippuden.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Eeehhhh, I feel like expectations were low from the start, especially after the first episode. Though I can see it being possible runner-up for worst show assuming the list isn't filled with the usual suspects i.e. Black Clover & Shippuden.
I assume the winner would be SAO?

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Can I include things not on the block that should be such as Mob Psycho 2 (or Love is war even though it's unlikely toonami will be the hero we need and air it :P)

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Between SAO, Black Clover, and Shippuden there isn't any room for anything less than spectacularly bad

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why would SAO be the biggest disappointment? Expectations couldn't go any lower.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Shield Hero is going to happen eventually. It has 2 more seasons coming and crunchyroll will push it hard

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Gen:Lock was quite a bit more boring than SAO and boring is what really makes a show bad.
I kinda have to agree. SAO had technically worse flaws, but holy hell was it at least hilarious with how bad it was half the time. I'd at least get more out of rewatching that over stuff like Unicorn or Genlock where I just have no emotional response whatsoever. I guess it all boils down to what you think is a worse viewing experience: a bad show that's boring & leaves you with nothing, or a bad show that makes you mad yet is more apparent with its flaws.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Like the good points of Gen:Lock are so few and far between.

+ Decent CGI animation.
+ A couple of well choreographed fights.

That's it. Coming from someone with a generally positive outlook on CGI shows.

SAO still looks good to great most of the time. Has decent music, and despite being 2p Kirito Yugioh did bring something to the table. Plus I got to make Star Wars Prequels and Fate jokes.

Also SAO will be back in the next six months while if I even remember Gen:Lock it'll be because it was a key feature of the Amiga.

I didn't say this on Sunday but if someone made me choose between Gen:Lock and Beware the Batman to reair I wouldn't even hesitate and go with Beware the Batman.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, along with boring bad, one of the worse types of bad I hate dealing with is a bad comedy. You can laugh at bad dramas & what not, but when the point of a comedy is to laugh & it's not able to do that, what is there to find enjoyable when it can't even do the main thing you watch a comedy for?

Boring bad also frustrates me from a "my comprehension skills are below average & it's so hard to articulate why I didn't like it" perspective as well.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
What it really comes down to for me ranking these shows is if Gen:Lock was worse than Tokyo Ghoul. Gen:Lock inches out ahead of it for being a bit novel and only being 8 episodes long.

It's definitely in the Tokyo Ghoul/GXP/Dimension W neighborhood.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force is incredibly safe. A good comparison is Black Clover to be honest, though with a bit of the weirdness that worked for Soul Eater. It reminds me a ton of going from Rave Master to Fairy Tail.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force is incredibly safe. A good comparison is Black Clover to be honest, though with a bit of the weirdness that worked for Soul Eater. It reminds me a ton of going from Rave Master to Fairy Tail.
agree with the Black Clover comparison, and that's a show I stopped watching really quickly

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
agree with the Black Clover comparison, and that's a show I stopped watching really quickly

Yeah. I think both shows bring a little something to the table for me (Fire Force has great animation and some good banter between characters, Black Clover is just fantasy Shonen the series but its on at the perfect time for my brain to start shutting down for the day.) but they are very similar in that they are popular and that they are safe.

I can fully back the idea that they are perfectly missable.

Status
Not open for further replies.