• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I agree people should be more careful about spoilers, and that's coming from someone who doesn't care about spoilers that much. It's not hard to put text behind a spoiler tag and it is respectful to those who have not yet been able to view the material legally.

On a separate note, I wonder what Rooster Teeth's layoffs mean towards Gen: Lock going forward. You'd figure if they have to lay off 13% of their (probably underpaid) staff they wouldn't be able to afford crazy expensive VAs but who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree people should be more careful about spoilers, and that's coming from someone who doesn't care about spoilers that much. It's not hard to put text behind a spoiler tag and it is respectful to those who have not yet been able to view the material legally.

On a separate note, I wonder what Rooster Teeth's layoffs mean towards Gen: Lock going forward. You'd figure if they have to lay off 13% of their (probably underpaid) staff they wouldn't be able to afford crazy expensive VAs but who knows.
its still going/getting a sequel???

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One weird thing we're gonna have to deal with for MHA when it comes back is getting the TV versions instead of the blu-ray. The Toonami airing never had it since they always used the blu-ray versions, but the TV version of MHA has these weird name tags that pop up for every character every time they show up for the first time in an episode. Basically just reminding you of their name and quirk, but it is quite a lot of visual clutter when you add the subtitles on top of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
I don't know. That's why I'm musing.

At the pace it's going, I very much doubt this season of Gen: Lock is going to have a satisfying conclusion that wraps up all loose ends neatly. As such I'd imagine Rooster Teeth at least was planning on a S2, but who knows any more.

The last word is that Gen Lock Season 2 is not in production.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I've felt for awhile that the only reason toonami/adult swim got gen:lock was a desperate play to hope that toonami/as would help fund a second season. Seems like a low risk high reward opportunity for Rooster Teeth.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll start watching Toonami again when Demon Slayer airs. I watched the first few episodes subbed but didn't keep up. That reminds me I should catch up on Vinland Saga.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Solid Silva

Snake, do you copy? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!! Doo doot do doot do, doot doot doo! One of Noelle's brothers and the shitty failson that is only accepted because he goes along with the crowd. The bigger jerk of the brothers as well. Noelle whoops his ass for the years of mistreatment in the Royal Knights exam, but unlike other people who got their ass whooped he never really changes his tune. His powers are something dumb with ice or metal or some shit. Who cares because he isn't Nozel or Noelle.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The only way One Piece ever ends up on Toonami again is if Toei decides to start selling it's prize cow for a box of cookies.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at Adult Swim's rerun schedule, losing Family Guy isn't the only concern. They also have to worry about Bob's Burgers and American Dad.
Maybe they could finally get JG Quintel's Close Enough to air? That's stuck in limbo.
And they can't rely on Rick and Morty and 41 episodes of The Boondocks forever.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I wonder if Adult Swim could work out a deal to air old reruns of south park? That seems like a popular enough show to help fill the gap.

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix has started syndicating their shows. At least they let Comedy Central air Bojack Horseman. I could see them working something out with Adult Swim to syndicate anything else they have.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Bring Pokémon Sun and Moon to TOONAMI.

There's already one bonafide kids show with Boruto, why can't we get the GOAT?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
*reads Kaguya-sama*

why was the tour guide drawn in so much detail?!?!?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
*reads Kaguya-sama*

why was the tour guide drawn in so much detail?!?!?
WsDKRvR.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.