• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I think I like Astral Chain. I think I do?

I'll say this, I'm 5 cases in, and the game feels much slower paced than I was expecting.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to like Astral Chain, and I do like aspects of it a lot. The combat systems are pretty fun, but the big problem I'm having with the game is that it just runs like ass. 30 fps isn't great to begin with but it can barely hit that already. I swear there are parts of case 8 where it goes to the single digits.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
framerate is the most important thing in a game like this and when it chugs real bad, it feels real bad. I wish I could say it was fine for me but it got super noticeable from file 6 onward.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
After playing a bunch of FFXIV and even Control, which has its performance issues to be sure, man why does Three Houses fucking CHUG so much at the monastery.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It feels so weird for back to back to back Nintendo exclusive to have consistent frame rate problems

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Broccos

The last of the Diamond Kingdom's shining generals who attacked the capital. Broccos uses red ochre magic. I think William Vangeance whooped his ass in about five minutes when they invaded the capital he got taken away by one of his flunkies, hopefully to never darken the doorstep of this anime again.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Man, I had no idea Promare was hitting theaters over here. Shit, I missed the Dub which my brother prefers, but maybe I can drag him to the Sub showing. Or I don't know, maybe just wait for the blu-ray. I hope it's getting a decent turn out though.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
uB2zKCQ.jpg

Episode 168 "Ben Benfunk"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, ckohler and Imperial Bishop discuss Vegeta's fate, The Mummy, Senku dying, the state of bumps, Rekka, Ratatouille, elves in Black Clover, Snot no Jutsu, battle strategy, Char's motivations, and Lupin-ception.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:01:27 News (Super marathon, OPM Season 2 announced, etc.)
0:08:10 Dragonball Super
0:12:25 gen:LOCK
0:22:19 Dr. Stone
0:32:05 Rants about not getting updated bumps
0:40:05 Fire Force
0:49:06 Food Wars!
0:55:38 Black Clover
1:01:06 Boruto
1:03:55 Naruto Shippuden
1:09:01 Gundam: The Origin
1:13:42 Lupin Part 5
1:20:16 Lupin-ception discussion
1:22:24 Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Oct 25, 2017
Promare was indeed a must watch anime movie. shame be too all who didnt see this visual musical very intimate character drived interaction and drama in their theaters in their city.

buy the blu ray immediatelt. best trigger anime of all time, second best xflag anime*

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm really curious to see how gen:lock handles it's finale/season 1 finale. Wonder if it's blatant that they were planning a second season or if they "... and the journey continues" to leave it open for that to be the end.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
In tomorrow's Gen:Lock I'm assuming they will beat Nemisis but "The Union" will still be around and a threat, which would give them enough leeway for a 2nd season while still dealing with the big bad of this season.

But who knows.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna guess it'll have a tease about a character being alive, or the union has already made like 5 more Chases to replace the one they lose in the finale.

Also

SPUTTER

WILL

LIVE!

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I gotta say the cute mascot character constantly being killed in 5 seconds of showing up is one of the best running gags in a shonen series I've seen in awhile.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Mars

Remember when I said I finished with the eight shining generals of the Diamond Kingdom? I completely forgot that Mars counted. Mars has crystal magic, but he also has fire magic from transplanting some pages from his friend Fana's grimoire after she died. She got better though. After saving Fana from her possession in the Witches Forest Mars asked the Witch Queen for some of her blood which he used to ensorcel the Diamond Kingdom's king under his control which is why they haven't been up to mischief lately.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Char helping the Zabi? He's their most powerful soldier and is decimating Federation colonies and fleets yet I thought he wanted revenge on them for killing his father.
He doesn't care about what happens to the Federation, so he's fine wrecking them as long as it gets him into a position where he can eventually kill the Zabis.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Why is Char helping the Zabi? He's their most powerful soldier and is decimating Federation colonies and fleets yet I thought he wanted revenge on them for killing his father.

The Federation is also his enemy. Char believes in spacenoid independence as strongly as his father did, after all.

Rising in the ranks and being placed in leadership positions in important battles will also give him opportunities to strike at the Zabis, as you may see if you watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

The Federation is also his enemy. Char believes in spacenoid independence as strongly as his father did, after all.

Rising in the ranks and being placed in leadership positions in important battles will also give him opportunities to strike at the Zabis, as you may see if you watch the original Mobile Suit Gundam.

Basically this, Char just can't kill all the Zabi's at once too.

He bides his time for opportune moments.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the podcast, I know it was mostly a joke but Senku's rocket was very likely on a sub-orbital trajectory that took it into space but then crashed back into the Earth.

Orbital trajectories are easily an order of magnitude more difficult of a problem then sub-orbital ones. Not only do you have to get into space at > 100 km (60 miles), you also have to be traveling 8 km/s (5 miles/s) sideways so you keep missing the Earth. And if that wasnt hard enough, the rocket equation means your fuel usage increases exponentially the faster you want to go.

Rocket science is hard y'all.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the podcast, I know it was mostly a joke but Senku's rocket was very likely on a sub-orbital trajectory that took it into space but then crashed back into the Earth.

Orbital trajectories are easily an order of magnitude more difficult of a problem then sub-orbital ones. Not only do you have to get into space at > 100 km (60 miles), you also have to be traveling 8 km/s (5 miles/s) sideways so you keep missing the Earth. And if that wasnt hard enough, the rocket equation means your fuel usage increases exponentially the faster you want to go.

Rocket science is hard y'all.
I know this because of kerbal :P

Status
Not open for further replies.