• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People will always use any excuse to justify their hate for the dub, but it is a pretty pointless change lol

the memes are pretty good though

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i notice that it was different, but i was fine with the change tbh. still gets the basic point that jiren doesn't trust anything but his own strength across.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
200w.gif

BTW, Stunner911 I really like your new avatar.

That's a good pig right there.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It always makes me laugh because I find the original DBS almost unwatchable because of Goku.

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
You know Sumire tried to kill a bunch of people in the village and unleash a giant monster and not only did they not arrest her they let her continue going to school and become a ninja. Shikadai's friend got a raw deal.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned after all these years about the Alicia Rush exploit for Valkyria Chronicles....via a Nintendo podcast. Is it wrong I kinda wanna go back & finish the game now that I know about it considering I dropped the game after the mission where you gotta fight that giant tank in the desert or that one where it's a stealth mission? I'm a sucker for finding ways to exploit a game, like when I got everyone in FF Type-0 HD level capped due to the training grounds.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Is that the exploit where you boost Alicia with orders and she can beat Skrimish Map 4 in a single turn? I found that completely by accident
Yup, and because your ranking is determined by how many turns it takes to beat a level, you then can exploit experience since it's money & can be applied to other classes. Especially when you get the DLC stuff bundled & it can let you get the best weapon in the game, thus making it even easier.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017

lol this is goofy. Fuck them dragons in particular.

yeah it seems weird if you completely remove it from the context of the episode, where they were literally just talking about whether Jiren was going to use the Super Dragon Balls to undo bad things that happened in his life, and he's like no, fuck the dragon balls, I don't trust anything but my own strength

he's referring to the literal dragon that could potentially grant him a wish, and rejecting it as a solution compared to his own power

dub haters are the fucking worst

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
yeah it seems weird if you completely remove it from the context of the episode, where they were literally just talking about whether Jiren was going to use the Super Dragon Balls to undo bad things that happened in his life, and he's like no, fuck the dragon balls, I don't trust anything but my own strength

he's referring to the literal dragon that could potentially grant him a wish, and rejecting it as a solution compared to his own power

dub haters are the fucking worst
I don't think anyone is confused over the context. It's just an unnecessary change. A lot of people take that over the top.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the thing that's actually ruining the toonami broadcast is all the dropped frames, but that's more of a tv station thing than the dub itself

dubbed ultimate battle is still real bad though

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
These people have never seen a Sentai dub.

Oh boy, if they think minor nitpicks about a Funimation dub are bad, they'd go into full on rage mode with Sentai.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
huh

I was going to post a theory about last night's Gen: Lock, but going back through the thread it seems everybody hates it so I'll pass I guess?

For my money it's a way better show than Fire Force has been, but whatever

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Force looks pretty and that's already a lot more than I can say about Gen Lock

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
huh

I was going to post a theory about last night's Gen: Lock, but going back through the thread it seems everybody hates it so I'll pass I guess?

nah, go for it

Oct 25, 2017
gen lock would be better as a 48+ episode show. Theres so much untapped potential and so much more that could have been done.

FireForce is close to animated perfection, like Boruto, BLack Clover have been on the block imo.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
One thing fire force definitely has over gen:lock is a concrete goal. With gen:lock all I know is the union is bad and they gotta fight them, but nothing else really.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I don't care much for Genlock, but it is nice to have a show with a genderfluid character on the block.

That's nice.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm enjoying gen:lock enough, don't mind the fact I fell asleep half way through it last night, that was more me then the show

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Gen:Lock is shaping up to be another Dimension W to me, as I'll completely forget the show exists a few months from now.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
huh

At least, it doesn't have predictable and uninteresting fanservice. Hibana is possibly worse than Tamaki's gimmick.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I think the robot that's walking around with them is also Chase. Sort of. When they were doing the flashback to the Gen: Lock experiments, there was part where they had Chase's tank next to a display that said sync failed or upload failed or something like that, then when they moved to the next shot the robot was in the same spot as Chase was previously.

The thing is also called "Caliban", which is a half-human monster from the Tempest. He is also referred to in that play as a "mooncalf", which is basically an abortive fetus. My guess is they tried to upload Chase during a Genlock experiment, something went wrong, and there was a piece of his mind left over in an early version of the GL brain. So they stuck it in the robot, and that's the one that's been hanging around with the crew since the beginning.

I am 100% overthinking this.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I think the robot that's walking around with them is also Chase. Sort of. When they were doing the flashback to the Gen: Lock experiments, there was part where they had Chase's tank next to a display that said sync failed or upload failed or something like that, then when they moved to the next shot the robot was in the same spot as Chase was previously.

The thing is also called "Caliban", which is a half-human monster from the Tempest. He is also referred to in that play as a "mooncalf", which is basically an abortive fetus. My guess is they tried to upload Chase during a Genlock experiment, something went wrong, and there was a piece of his mind left over in an early version of the GL brain. So they stuck it in the robot, and that's the one that's been hanging around with the crew since the beginning.

That is just crazy enough to be something this series would try

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Why were the Aznables leaving from Miranda instead of Texas?

Cool writeup. But I think the Dr would have brought that up after Chase called him out over Nemesis.

Oct 25, 2017
I just started my first 9-5 office job and a girl that works in my department asked me if I like anime and then started talking to me about Fire Force and I think I need to go to HR now?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I just started my first 9-5 office job and a girl that works in my department asked me if I like anime and then started talking to me about Fire Force and I think I need to go to HR now?
if she starts talking up shield hero call the police

maybe i'm being serious

Oct 25, 2017
wow were you wearing anime gear or something for her to bring it up in the first place.

Also hope she likes Shinra and Arthur, best.

if she starts talking up shield hero call the police

maybe i'm being serious
How couldnt anyone fall for Master Naofumi. Hes the best and so is his anime. Really good.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
In a time where people are opposed to lead characters being faultless and perfect, characters like Naofumi should be praised.
fuck that, they want me to think he's a decent guy who was dealt a raw hand, but that fucker is a slave owning vengeful piece of shit, and as I said if you praise him I want you to feel bad, fuck him and fuck that show

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Played the new Daemon X Machina demo.

That game feels and controls a lot better than the first demo.

Also the character creator is way better than it probably needs to be.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I won't lie, maybe it's due to not knowing lots of girls who liked anime growing up, let alone now, but I would've been a little happy to actually talk anime with someone offline & see what other shows they watch, but in a "I want to ensure you, I'm not THAT type of anime fan" way.

Status
Not open for further replies.