• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Nah fuck both of them, Kirito less so because he isn't an actual piece of shit

Oct 25, 2017
Stop liking shitty characters.
Praying that my fav Dr. Stone character will be liked.

tumblr_pxdzk4wnhu1v6bs4yo5_r1_400.gifv
tumblr_pwzxfmTtHn1v6bs4yo1_r1_400.gifv

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
They got Matt Shipman. Best known as Inasa Yorashi in MHA and Hiro in Darling in the Franxx. He's also going to be the voice of Cavendish when One Piece reaches the Dressrosa arc.
Went back and listened to the dub of
Yorashi
and...that voice doesn't fit. However, the voice he did as
Hiro
sounds like it will work great.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really looking forward to BL3. Even if it's just more of BL2 I'll be happy. I played through BL2 like three times.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So apparently Borderlands 3 is bad.
so we are at the point where a mid 80s meta and tons of praise is bad?

If you don't want more borderlands then it's not going to be good for you, but everything that's been shown has been basically if you wanted bl3 to be a more polished 2 with some new mechanics and what not then you will be golden.

They got Matt Shipman. Best known as Inasa Yorashi in MHA and Hiro in Darling in the Franxx. He's also going to be the voice of Cavendish when One Piece reaches the Dressrosa arc.
have Dressrosa things actually be confirmed? or was he in a video game or something.

last I checked we still didn't have any after fisherman island officially confirmed as coming out (though there are plenty of signs that things have been dubbed for it in general)

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Gen:Lock is shaping up to be another Dimension W to me, as I'll completely forget the show exists a few months from now.

Nah that's not a fair comparison. Dimension W kind of imploded in its second half. Gen:Lock is fine, just not really compelling.

I just started my first 9-5 office job and a girl that works in my department asked me if I like anime and then started talking to me about Fire Force and I think I need to go to HR now?

The other week at the med school I teach at I ended up striking a conversation with some my coworkers/med students. One girl there was really trying to sell me on the virtues of Akame ga Kill. I wasn't having it LOL. She did also mention she was a big fan of the Seven Deadly Sins though she wishes there was less sexual assault in the show :/

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
All the reviews have made it sound like it's fine if you want more borderlands. Maybe it'll run like shit on consoles, but the weirdness of the review set up doesn't mean they game will be bad.

Pretty much. If you're a fan of Borderlands, then BL3 just continues that enjoyment. If not, then you won't enjoy it at all.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. If you're a fan of Borderlands, then BL3 just continues that enjoyment. If not, then you won't enjoy it at all.
It partially depends on what you didn't like about borderlands 2. If you wanted some quality of life improvements BL3 might appeal to you as some of the QoL changes are great. like being able to fast travel from anywhere, and fast travel to your car.

In the end yeah, it's still in general just more borderlands (though it sounds like there will be more limited time events than in the past to run it more like a GaaS)

For me, that sounds awesome as games like destiny 2 feel more like a MMO with shooter mechanics than a proper looter shooter.

I want diablo with guns not having to run around killing stuff hoping that a chest token will drop so I can run back into town and open a chest and have a tiny chance it will be something useful :P

I've replayed both borderlands 1 and 2 this year, and it's amazing how much difference the QoL changes between 1 and 2 changed things.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i noticed this week that metatronm didnt post the schedules, wondering if he was traveling or busy, but he was (temp) banned 😢

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about how outside Gundam The Origin I couldn't care less about the current Toonami lineup. I figure at some point they're gonna at least announce a Golden Wind dub so I'll have that to look forward to, but then I remembered that we still haven't gotten the Mob Psycho 100 II or OPM season 2 dubs. I'm surprised they got Fire Force and Dr. Stone on air before these older series.

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about how outside Gundam The Origin I couldn't care less about the current Toonami lineup. I figure at some point they're gonna at least announce a Golden Wind dub so I'll have that to look forward to, but then I remembered that we still haven't gotten the Mob Psycho 100 II or OPM season 2 dubs. I'm surprised they got Fire Force and Dr. Stone on air before these older series.
I don't care about most of the block either. I like The origin, but I don't even feel like wading through the thread or podcasts that often to get the reactions to it. I like Dr. Stone at least. I'm not even sure if I should watch Fire Force though.

Oct 25, 2017
have Dressrosa things actually be confirmed? or was he in a video game or something.

last I checked we still didn't have any after fisherman island officially confirmed as coming out (though there are plenty of signs that things have been dubbed for it in general)

Episode of Sabo was dubbed, which meant various Dressrosa characters got dubbed.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I just started my first 9-5 office job and a girl that works in my department asked me if I like anime and then started talking to me about Fire Force and I think I need to go to HR now?
I'm very sad that in my office jobs, because they have been on the institutional admin side of higher education (as opposed to anything student or grad focused), i've always been the youngest person by far, and have never had anyone to talk nerdy shit with.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Nah that's not a fair comparison. Dimension W kind of imploded in its second half. Gen:Lock is fine, just not really compelling.

I will postulate that Gen Lock is worse because so many of Dimension W's problems comes from being an utter failure of an adaptation, the worst of which is cramming like 70-80 chapters in a one cour season. Gen Lock failures are more fundamental as they have failed to delineate basic reasons to care about the action on screen. The apotheosis of this is The Union, we know they are the bad guys because we told they are the bad guys and they are sporting lazy iconographical shorthand; as in they look like the bad guys. We have never been given an actual reason through actual characterization and this is why the all of the action while being an amazing spectale for the budget lacks all weight.

Tenumi

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
...I just want to play games and have fun.

I'm actually caught up with DBS, 1 episode behind on Dr. Stone. Might start showing up again if my Saturdays continue to be empty. Maybe.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I will postulate that Gen Lock is worse because so many of Dimension W's problems comes from being an utter failure of an adaptation, the worst of which is cramming like 70-80 chapters in a one cour season. Gen Lock failures are more fundamental as they have failed to delineate basic reasons to care about the action on screen. The apotheosis of this is The Union, we know they are the bad guys because we told they are the bad guys and they are sporting lazy iconographical shorthand; as in they look like the bad guys. We have never been given an actual reason through actual characterization and this is why the all of the action while being an amazing spectale for the budget lacks all weight.
Maybe they are holding back info on the Union to set up some kind of "Are we the baddies?" reveal for the main characters in later episodes? Idk.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
a colonel sanders dating sim? sorry old southern white guys aren't my type

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
You can't even joke about certain bits of Shield Hero, it's a rule from the anime thread. A good one to be honest.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Maybe they are holding back info on the Union to set up some kind of "Are we the baddies?" reveal for the main characters in later episodes? Idk.

They held too much back, it is one thing to hold back motivation for a later reveal, it is another to hold so much back that we have to constantly ask why they are fighting, what the hope to achieve and most importantly why we should care if the the good guys win or lose against them.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Randy Pitchford seems like a real piece of work, and I wouldn't mind seeing him fail.

But at the same time it cannot be fun to be working on BL3 at gearbox right now, and I want those devs to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.