• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so gen:LOCK ends on September 21, then this marathon pushes everything but DBS back a week, so I think the new end dates are (assuming no other marathons as usual):

gen:LOCK: September 21
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin: October 5
Dragon Ball Super: October 5
My Hero Academia (Season 3 rerun): November 2
Lupin the Third: Part 5: November 30
Fire Force: January 11, 2020
Dr. Stone: February 8, 2020
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba: ??
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma (Thru Season 3): September 5, 2020
Naruto Shippuden: March 2, 2024
Black Clover: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
also i think i heard fire force got another season or cour or whatever so that date doesnt take that into account

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was always assumed Fire Force would be 20 something episodes so nothing changed there

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Guess Genlock's replacement won't be ready by then? But then why do a marathon that still has a new episode starting. Not to mention now that's two shows ending the same night.

Also notice how two of those characters in the marathon art aren't even in the arc.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Guess Genlock's replacement won't be ready by then? But then why do a marathon that still has a new episode starting. Not to mention now that's two shows ending the same night.

Also notice how two of those characters in the marathon art aren't even in the arc.
technically buu was in the arc

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
All in favor of gathering early for a group-watch of the sub on Crunchyroll say I

(Otherwise I'm sure some of us will be posting clips of the best moments for y'all to enjoy fully)

Oct 26, 2017
On god, I'm happy to have another marathon. I can't remember the last time Toonami had one this year.

I still think the true test to recover most of the goodwill from the fans is making a brand new mainline Final Fantasy without a ton of development issues and a messy narrative.
Amen!

They already did that with Shadowbringers, which is the best FF game
I meant "single-player mainline" FF games. >.>

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
On god, I'm happy to have another marathon. I can't remember the last time Toonami had one this year.
No joke, this is the first marathon of 2019. The last two were the end of year ones, with Super for Dec. 22nd & Boruto for the 29th.

Weird how they didn't do their normal Labor Day one & instead waited for the end of the month. Doubt we'll have a halloween one since it's on a Thursday & that's before Toonami on Nov. 2nd.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It's crazy that Square has to remake Final Fantasy 7 in order to make FF games good again.

Final Fantasy 15 is a great game and sold extremely well
Final Fantasy 14 ARR is considered to be one of the best games in the series and continues to do crazy numbers

The same way the last jedi didn't kill star wars, final fantasy 13/15 didn't kill final fantasy.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
15 sold extremely well but it is not a great game. It's a terrible one. I think 13 blows it out of the water and I don't really care for 13 either.

I tried hard to get into 14 but its just not the mmo for me.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sold on FF7R until I know how the game works outside of combat - progression elements and the like. If it's just gonna be a sequence of scripted battles and cutscenes, then bleh.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Final Fantasy 15 is a great game and sold extremely well
Final Fantasy 14 ARR is considered to be one of the best games in the series and continues to do crazy numbers

The same way the last jedi didn't kill star wars, final fantasy 13/15 didn't kill final fantasy.
No one is saying those games are bad, we are talking about goodwill and fans perception.

Like, look at the sheer scale of awe and optimism people are having with those FF7 Remake trailers(some people are already past the fact that is just a fraction of the story), you probably won't see much of that with FFXVI for example.

Also, as someone who really enjoyed FFXV, that game was an awful narrative mess, specially at launch. And that is even more frustrating as someone who loved the cast because you could definetly tell by the amount of rushed lore, locations and plot points how much more of a big deal was that game meant to be.

I really loved the bros dynamic, and Ardyn is one of the most memorable villains I seen in a FF game in quite a while(Darin de Paul did such a great job with that performance), so it just make it much more frustrating to see the potential of what could have been.

That's why I honestly think Square really needs to kill it with the next mainline FF, even moreso than with the FF7R (although the fact that it looks so good it's definetly a great start).

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
And people will bitch about ff7r (some already are) for

Being episodic

Padding the game with filler to justify the episodic format

Being an action rpg

"Betraying" the spirit of the original with some minor changes

Some of these complaints are already happening, if ff15 hadn't set the stage for these games to be action rpgs going forward people would be angry

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Also, as someone who really enjoyed FFXV, that game was an awful narrative mess, specially at launch. And that is even more frustrating as someone who loved the cast because you could definetly tell by the amount of rushed lore, locations and plot points how much more of a big deal was that game meant to be.

I really loved the bros dynamic, and Ardyn is one of the most memorable villains I seen in a FF game in quite a while(Darin de Paul did such a great job with that performance), so it just make it much more frustrating to see the potential of what could have been.
Exactly how I feel about FFXV. It's one of the most frustrating games I've ever played because it had the potential to be truly great. But it was so damn rushed that the entire game just kinda collapsed under its own weight. I still ended up loving the main cast despite the mess of a game they were stuck in and it's got some incredible music.

and that weird assassin's creed tie-in dlc thingy was actually really good but don't tell anyone i said that ok i really don't want to lose my gaming license again.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, finally.

.....I think I stopped after episode 4 due to kind of forgetting about it. Now hurry & confirm MP100 & Jojo Part 5.

So this is either replacing Super or Gundam. Wonder if Demon Slayer is the other or replacing Genlock.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The good art got me into OPM, but it was the humor that kept me around. As long as the second season still makes me laugh I'll be good with it.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad it's adapting the arc I don't care for and only kept up because of the amazing art which the anime lacks

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Mob was late to the party to begin with. With all these 12/24 episode series they've got going on right now its chance will come sooner rather than later.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Toei gave Funimation the license to Dragon Ball in the first place because Funimation's creator had an uncle that worked at Toei.

It's not going anywhere no matter how much Vic's fanbase cries.
yup

granted companies evolve beyond their initial purpose all the time and it's not impossible they could lose the license. But it's not going to be over the Vic thing.

Wow, I legit did not know this. I learned something pretty cool today!

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Oh hey, finally.

.....I think I stopped after episode 4 due to kind of forgetting about it. Now hurry & confirm MP100 & Jojo Part 5.

So this is either replacing Super or Gundam. Wonder if Demon Slayer is the other or replacing Genlock.

It's odd that we're still waiting for Mob S2, but has it been long enough for JoJo's Part 5? We haven't heard anything on that front

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
It's odd that we're still waiting for Mob S2, but has it been long enough for JoJo's Part 5? We haven't heard anything on that front
Well, might be sometime next year considering the last episode aired at the end of July, and Viz was still finishing up the Part 4 dub while the final episodes were airing. Heck, the 2nd half of Part 4 still isn't out on Blu-ray. We got super lucky with Parts 3 & 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.