• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
So I was discussing a terrible hot take I heard, that "the chef from BurgerTime would be better for Smash Bros than Terry Bogard". My friend mentioned how Terry's been in so many things. Games, anime. I mentioned the live-action movie. Then I looked it up and clicked Terry's actor, and learned it's the guy that directed John Wick, Deadpool 2 and Hobbs & Shaw. Talk about moving up in the world.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people compare Big J to Lesnar, but I think he's more like Goldberg

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, U7 just too stronk.

Also Future Trunks is the Android 17 of the future. Just thinking about all his W's is mindboggling.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Everything between Pitou killing Kite and Knov getting legit shook is just ok level to me

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren is a good boy and will become friends with goku
He will but he will be soon surpassed by all the universe 6 Saiyans. You can't stay relevant if you aren't a Saiyan or have a song dedicated to you from Maximum the Hormone.

Keep in mind at the start of the tourny they had the destroys fight on it and then "Repair it so they couldn't destroy it again." and yet a bunch of the fighters were destroying it like nothing aka the destroyers have already been greatly surpassed :P

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
UnrealisticBewitchedAddax-size_restricted.gif

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the orchestral version of the opening theme that plays when Goku comes to help Frieza and 17 is amazing

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
man i can't believe 17 wished for a boat and all the other universes are gone forever

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
man i can't believe 17 wished for a boat and all the other universes are gone forever
I still wonder how many universes there are now.
We were told that there used to be more than 13 universes, and in both Japanese and English his wish is for all the destroyed universes to be restored. Meaning those which were destroyed earlier should also be back :P

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I still wonder how many universes there are now.
We were told that there used to be more than 13 universes, and in both Japanese and English his wish is for all the destroyed universes to be restored. Meaning those which were destroyed earlier should also be back :P
the dragon also brought back El Hermano

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Allow me to ask a legit question.

Why in the world am I suppose to find Jiren cool?

I'm not gonna go into a rant or whatever, I want to hear why it is this character is considered one of the best things to come from this series.

I ask due to just how often gifs & what not get posted here & instead of just going off like previously, I'm gonna shut my mouth & ask directly.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not gonna go into a rant or whatever, I want to hear why it is this character is considered one of the best things to come from this series.

I ask due to just how often gifs & what not get posted here & instead of just going off like previously, I'm gonna shut my mouth & ask directly.
nobody actually thinks he's one of the best characters in the series lol. Most people like him ironically if anything.

Oct 25, 2017

Super villains peaked at Goku Black, the less said about how his arc ended the better. I find Jiren to be fucking boring. I think even if you trace back my original comments about him in the Super thread...well one of them you'd see me constantly complaining about how boring I find him and how much I didn't like the bulk of ToP, especially after Universe 6 got eliminated. I like it more towards the end, but it's really just a poorly paced arc. Someone in here can avatar quote me all they want since I'm a known fan of the Chimera Ant Arc, but at least stuff happened in that arc. Even the down time is actually good unless you're a "where's the action?" type.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think both the Chimera Ant arc and the ToP were great. If I have to give an edge it's to the CA arc since it made me get emotional for the death of it's main villain which never happens.

Oct 25, 2017

Literally no one likes Jiren that much he's pretty divisive even in the Dragon Ball fandom. Most people only like him in the games and his fighting style.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I've expressed my (usually negative) thoughts on Dragon Ball much before, but at the end of the day it's a popcorn watch for me. I don't go in thinking the fights will be top notch, and I especially don't go in expecting anything deep or insightful. The characters are fun and for the most part I like them, and the show looks nice from time to time and that's ok by me.

If I went in expecting Hunter x Hunter or Mob Psycho levels of thoughtfulness and introspection, or JoJo level fight craziness there's no way I wouldn't be disappointed, so I don't lol

Youtube keeps recommending me Kim Possible videos.

But why?
Because Kim Possible is an awesome show and you should watch all 4 seasons and the movie is why : P

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Started catching up on everything I missed this week (aka everything but the first half of fire force LOL), and please don't tell me the last Boruto episode we are ever getting was a fucking CLIP SHOW

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Started catching up on everything I missed this week (aka everything but the first half of fire force LOL), and please don't tell me the last Boruto episode we are ever getting was a fucking CLIP SHOW
think we still got a couple of more since it's being replaced by jojo

Oct 25, 2017
Part 5 is a necessary evil before the glory that is part 6.
Both are excellent parts. There are things I like about Part 5 that I think it does way better than Part 6 and vice versa. Part 6 is marred by a character that I wish really didn't exist, also Part 5 handles its themes better than Part 6. Part 6 has more of a fan favorite and way easier to read Jojo though. Also Araki was probably just straight up on LSD when he wrote Part 6.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
jojo bullshit is the kind of bullshit i can get behind

Status
Not open for further replies.