• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Finished the first season of Breaking Bad last night.

The first 1/3 of that season is just Walt and Jesse being really bad at crime, and it's great.
Each season of Breaking Bad is a pretty noticeable step up in quality over the previous one, culminating in Season 4 which is one of the best seasons of television ever in my humble opinion (especially those last four episodes goddamn). S5 is great as well, but I'd argue that S4 is a little stronger overall.

And speaking of Breaking Bad, I watched El Camino last night and loved it. But fuck that one guy. If you've seen in, you know who I'm talking about. Fuuuuuuck that guy.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm the only person who didn't think Breaking Bad was that good. It doesn't really ask you to think too much about anything throughout the show, and isn't really all that deep (I know I'm asking for a lot out of network television)

It was really well shot and produced, Bryan Cranston gives us an amazing performance, but outside of that it struggles with wanting to be more of an action series rather then a good character drama, and I think a lot of the characters end up flanderized throughout.

It does end well, which considering every other western television series does horribly, it's worth noting.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The latest Boruto arc is about Boruto and Sasuke getting teleported to the past before the og timeskip...they been reading fanfiction.net lately?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting to see if they'll do a dub for it. Maybe since Funimation & Aniplex are under the same company, Funimation can go back to dubbing/getting the rights for certain series that's owned by Aniplex, the less popular stuff that isn't their top priority.

But yeah, a season 2 would allow for a lot more character development for the entire cast, especially the side characters.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still waiting to see if they'll do a dub for it. Maybe since Funimation & Aniplex are under the same company, Funimation can go back to dubbing/getting the rights for certain series that's owned by Aniplex, the less popular stuff that isn't their top priority.

But yeah, a season 2 would allow for a lot more character development for the entire cast, especially the side characters.

This is the dream. Almost none of the aniplex romcoms ever get a dub but Funimation does dozens of them a year. It's a match made in heaven. Hell I wouldn't even mind it much if Bang Zoom still did some of the premiere stuff, I just want all that other stuff Aniplex does to get a dub.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The fact Kaguya Sama s2 is unknown and we never learn already has a second season is criminal.
Yeah for real...
One actually has effort put in its comedy and writing.
We Never Learn had a second season air in the same year as the first, to the point that it was probably meant to be split cour all along.

It's starting to feel as if the anime was an advertisement for the live action movie (which isn't terrible, apparently)

Though in positive news, the VA of Ishigami recently got a radio show named "Shut up, Stupid". Normally that would mean nothing, but the name of the radio show comes from an future arc in the manga, where a potential S2 would probably end at, so there is some hope.

Also yeah, I wouldn't mind a Kaguya dub.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Kaguya would be the most popular thing to not get a dub since Nichijou...which did eventually get a dub!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
What was society like before Fortnite?

Was cannibalism still kinda accepted as something you had to do to get by?

Oct 25, 2017
Now that they've had their training, it's time to enter them into the real Hunger Games.

You know, I'm surprised someone hasn't tried a Hunger Games battle royale game. There's probably some money there.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017

Blizzard Right Now-
Kramer-Freaks-Out-On-The-Streets-Of-California-On-Seinfeld.gif

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

just watch it... and if it gets a dub... watch it again... and then read the manga. it will all be worth your time.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Woolie settling into his role as the Hokage of Castle Super Beast.

Also...

Why are wrestling games getting uglier?

This looks like it was released in 2002.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Woolie settling into his role as the Hokage of Castle Super Beast.

Also...

Why are wrestling games getting uglier?

This looks like it was released in 2002.

that's fine because maybe one day they'll start looking like N64 games which were the best wrestling games

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
JW

Is Tanjiro's quest to 'save' Nezuko the persistent sympathetic emotional core/goal of Demon Slayer?

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I find that just slightly weird at current, considering we were barely introduced to her as a character. Do we learn more about her (in flashbacks or otherwise) or are we just supposed to assume she's an imouto that must be protected or basically view things completely from Tanjiro's point of view?

Oct 25, 2017
I find that just slightly weird at current, considering we were barely introduced to her as a character. Do we learn more about her (in flashbacks or otherwise) or are we just supposed to assume she's an imouto that must be protected or basically view things completely from Tanjiro's point of view?
theres a reason its criticized for throwing all character development into flashbacks.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Primarily from Tanjiro's PoV

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Nezuko hardly ever talk?
Barely. I'm willing to bet her VA finished all her scenes in a day unless they don't already have all the eps to work with and are recording them week by week.
She's an Imouto, just protecc, she's a good person though.
JW

Is Tanjiro's quest to 'save' Nezuko the persistent sympathetic emotional core/goal of Demon Slayer?
There's more that goes into this actually and the show has a core villain, whom knows how to dress his ass off.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
One nice thing about the delay on season 3 of MHA for TOONAMI is that it was enough time for the non simulcast version. Less desaturation of flash impacts, more blood, some slight language changes.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
One nice thing about the delay on season 3 of MHA for TOONAMI is that it was enough time for the non simulcast version. Less desaturation of flash impacts, more blood, some slight language changes.
no nametags that pop up every time a character shows up for the first time in an episode

Status
Not open for further replies.