• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Finral Roulacase

A member of the Black Bulls and illegitimate heir of the noble house of Vangris, Finral is the master of spatial magic. The nicest character in the entire series as he doesn't hate his awful shitty younger brother who makes his life hell, only tries his best to become friends with him. He takes everything bad in stride and because of the specific nature of his magic can't hurt a fly, but his pinpoint accuracy and speed when sending people or objects through his portals is unmatched even by his brother (who has an evil and twisted offensive side to his spatial magic) nor even the court appointed transportation expert who took his place on the Royal Knights. Yami is fairly abusive to him, using his as his chauffeur/DD/bathroom attendant and some of the other senior Black Bulls don't really seem to respect him very much but he's proven time and again how reliable and useful he is. Also despite being a non confrontational person at heart he always stands up when things are at their worst and usually comes through big.

When does Ben get his time to shine

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown

407.gif

We either bout to get kicked out the OT or get everyone hip to some good music, there's no in-between lmfao

I'm fine with being kicked out for posting Nier music lol

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Sol Marron

Yes it's time for Call me Captain. Sol Marron is presumably the vice captain of the Blue Rose Knights because she wouldn't let anyone else be that close to Char. She's a tall high spirited young girl with dark skin and shining eyes, and she uses earth magic to make golems to attack and defend. She's pretty strong all in all and is seemingly a fan favorite character because she shows up a hell of a lot as the series goes on. She's madly in love with Captain Char, who is madly in love with Yami. Sol barely sees most men as human though she ends up respecting the hell out of Captain Yami, her chief romantic rival for her dear captain.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a cause of death listed in the obit I read, but he died from something. So who else died?
His name was Tom.

He was someone I've known for as long as I have remembered. A family friend (and a long standing one of my mother) who came to live with us in 2006 when moving to a new home 3 years after my father died. You can probably imagine that when somebody lives in the same household for 13 years, bonds become tighter, to the point that they can become family. But as of April the 7th of last year, he had a seizure and I so happen to be there to save his life. But upon recovering, doctors came to discover a tumor inside his brain which, unfortunately, did turn out to be cancer. Despite the removal, it came back. Doctors kept fighting for him. I kept saving him. And then, for a brief period of time, he was free from cancer. He then became my step-father...

But it didn't last. And as time went by, so did his abilities to function as a human being.

While I was at San Diego Comic Con this year, he found out that his illness was terminal. The best medical advancements exhausted. The conclusion that his cancer was unstoppable.

So...for the next 61 days...you get used to it or you try to because why the fuck you would want to revel in the depressing reality that was unraveling before this household? To seep yourself into the fact that you are witnessing a human being that was probably the ultimate handy man..the most reliant person to depend on in the world to be bodily reduced to something worst than what my great grandmother is living with...with all the pain he was going through as that wretched shit was eating away his brain..to the point where all he did was constantly breathe...and then simply not...

I still have the habit to quickly look at his bedroom when walking by it as if I'm still checking on him.

I don't know why I'm doing this. You see so many "sorry for your loss" messages on the internet yet...I don't know. I suppose, when it's your turn to receive those words, you don't want this person to be another "statistic" despite knowing that is understandable since caring so many lives will just having you end your own...maybe you get fearful that people out there won't actually get the emotional ramifications despite being an all knowing part of the human experience. Maybe you just don't want this person to be just a blip of someone else's thought...

I don't know.

Oct 25, 2017
His name was Tom.

He was someone I've known for as long as I have remembered. A family friend (and a long standing one of my mother) who came to live with us in 2006 when moving to a new home 3 years after my father died. You can probably imagine that when somebody lives in the same household for 13 years, bonds become tighter, to the point that they can become family. But as of April the 7th of last year, he had a seizure and I so happen to be there to save his life. But upon recovering, doctors came to discover a tumor inside his brain which, unfortunately, did turn out to be cancer. Despite the removal, it came back. Doctors kept fighting for him. I kept saving him. And then, for a brief period of time, he was free from cancer. He then became my step-father...

But it didn't last. And as time went by, so did his abilities to function as a human being.

While I was at San Diego Comic Con this year, he found out that his illness was terminal. The best medical advancements exhausted. The conclusion that his cancer was unstoppable.

So...for the next 61 days...you get used to it or you try to because why the fuck you would want to revel in the depressing reality that was unraveling before this household? To seep yourself into the fact that you are witnessing a human being that was probably the ultimate handy man..the most reliant person to depend on in the world to be bodily reduced to something worst than what my great grandmother is living with...with all the pain he was going through as that wretched shit was eating away his brain..to the point where all he did was constantly breathe...and then simply not...

I still have the habit to quickly look at his bedroom when walking by it as if I'm still checking on him.

I don't know why I'm doing this. You see so many "sorry for your loss" messages on the internet yet...I don't know. I suppose, when it's your turn to receive those words, you don't want this person to be another "statistic" despite knowing that is understandable since caring so many lives will just having you end your own...maybe you get fearful that people out there won't actually get the emotional ramifications despite being an all knowing part of the human experience. Maybe you just don't want this person to be just a blip of someone else's thought...

I don't know.
It's not important how other people view or see your loss, it's important how YOU remember him. The words you expressed to describe his impact and loss on you are the most important things. You loved him, nobody you tell this to will be able to grasp it. You'll carry his memory forever and I'm quite sure he'll be happy knowing that his life touched somebody so deeply.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The pain will fade with time, but the memories you hold dearest won't. It sounds like the biggest lie in the world this close to the event but its true.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Sisgoleon gave Yami a bottle of wine then threatened to kill him

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i sorta watched toonami this weekend but i was occupied with other stuff too, kinda had it on in the background. I actually missed gundam and lupin completely and will need to check those episodes out (probably least multitask-friendly shows anyway)

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Really would like to play Control, but the base PS4 version still needs work, and my PC could run it about as well as I could run the Marathon des Sables.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watched another episode of Fire Force, still find it very clunky how easily Hibana became one of the good guys

Also woah at that Rekka dude stopping that lucky lecher thing or w/e it's called, must be the strongest guy in the verse

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
More streaming services!

MOOOOOORREE!

Watched another episode of Fire Force, still find it very clunky how easily Hibana became one of the good guys

Also woah at that Rekka dude stopping that lucky lecher thing or w/e it's called, must be the strongest guy in the verse

Rekka is a pretty cool guy.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Nozel Silva

Captain of the Silver Eagles, master of mercury magic and older brother of Noelle. He resents Noelle despite loving her for looking like his mother and inadvertently causing her death, unlike her other shitty siblings that don't like her because they are shitty. He's the childhood rival of Fuegoleon and joins the Royal Knights in the attack on the Eye of the Midnight Sun.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping you hadn't caught up completely. <_<

Yea I figured lmao, it was already spoiled for me, then you quoted me right as I was watching the episode where he goes all evil

It's so cartoonish, the writing in this series really isn't very good. Also this is like the 2nd time now Shinra has had to come in to save one of his female teammates lol

Plus, Rekka wasn't that evil.

He was concerned about the children watching.

Lol

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I only saw some of the first season. Wasn't it just a comedy with Halo characters? Yeesh, where did we go.

Seasons 1-5 are a comedy in a halo themed world

Seasons 6-8 are an action comedy where the new main character (agent york) and the new villain (the meta) think they're in a spinoff halo game, but they've in the rvb comedy universe

Season 9 they just became a bad halo movie spinoff with action scenes heavily inspired by monty oum. It's when I gave up on the series.

I highly recommend seasons 1-8 since outside of season 2 they still hold up (season 2 was pretty meh even back then)

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Three houses on maddening is fucking brutal so far(beat chapter 2)

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah. I saw it. But the theater I was in had the most obnoxious group of people I've ever been in a movie theater with.

Status
Not open for further replies.