• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
More importantly, why the name change, Jaded?
I just noticed. >.>
I came up with the JadedWriter name while I was in college as a journalism and creative writing major. I don't really write anymore. I'm a photographer now so the name change really fits for me these days. Still jaded as hell, just have a different creative medium that I'm throwing my energy behind.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, last night's Star Wars Resistance episode was actually pretty decent.

Somewhat curious what they're actually going to do with Tam now, because her treatment on the show was kinda a joke up to this point.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I came up with the JadedWriter name while I was in college as a journalism and creative writing major. I don't really write anymore. I'm a photographer now so the name change really fits for me these days. Still jaded as hell, just have a different creative medium that I'm throwing my energy behind.

In 30-40 years will you change to Jaded Retirement

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i don't know about you guys but as soon as age slowing drugs/procedures start coming out imma be all over that shit

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the future, I've always been kinda sad deep space exploration just isn't going to kick off during my lifetime.

It's just not happening.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Nebra Silva

Nebra Silva is Noelle's older sister and a user of Mist Magic. She's a total asshole but also barely ever on the show. Even Solid Silva got a return appearance!

Oct 26, 2017
Ah, I see. It's so obvious but I never put two and two together.
Good luck on your photography. I only have a passing hobby for it but I lack any decent camera equipment.

If it doesn't work out, you can always start a career being a content reviewer and change your name to Jaded Reviewer. :D

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren ain't the best, but he entertained me.
Did he? Because of all the cool stuff that happened in the ToP, I can't think of any moment where I was like "wow Jiren is so cool."

it was all other characters doing cool stuff to fight him, and then Jiren going peak John Cena and just shrugging everything off

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Did he? Because of all the cool stuff that happened in the ToP, I can't think of any moment where I was like "wow Jiren is so cool."

it was all other characters doing cool stuff to fight him, and then Jiren going peak John Cena and just shrugging everything off
Jiren is really boring. His only defining character trait is he is strong. He doesn't even have unique stuff to his traits such as hit's time skip or Buu's ability to absorb people.

He's basically what you get if you take the worst parts of Frieza and Broly and put them into one boring character. No evil empire and unappologicially evil view points from Frieza. No pure terrifying roid rage of Broly. He just kind of fails to hit any of the highs of the characters he is a knock off of.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Zamasu is still the best DBS era villain. I just love how hammy he is and turning into a 90's JRPG super boss is just icing on the cake.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Jiren was fine for the arc he was in. Definitely could have been better, but still decent. The final episode does a lot to make me like him.

Zamasu was definitely the best antagonist in Super.

Oct 25, 2017
In 30-40 years will you change to Jaded Retirement
Ah, I see. It's so obvious but I never put two and two together.
Good luck on your photography. I only have a passing hobby for it but I lack any decent camera equipment.

If it doesn't work out, you can always start a career being a content reviewer and change your name to Jaded Reviewer. :D
My photography is quite fine:
AR302798 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR302820 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
A7306426 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
More here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/133435165@N05/97p9i9
I do videography and photography as a job. What do you use and what's your budget? I could probably recommend a few things if you want to upgrade or buy something new.
Nah I'm good. I got burned out on writing many years ago.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I never thought of Jiren as "cool", but I do think he's interesting.

Another user here put it this way :

I think Jiren is relatable because he's someone who experiences emotional suffering and pain and doesn't come out of it all clean - he buries his trauma and lives with repressing it, instead of just mastering it and making it a non problem. He puts on a strong and virtuous front while being really vulnerable deep down. He has difficulty overcoming it and making real connections. I think a lot of people go through times like that in their lives.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Only two characters left+the Ben Benfunk expose. I wonder if anyone can guess the last two to be chosen by random number?

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the newest smartphones are comparable or better than some of the most top of the line cameras out there, its been like the iPhones main feature and seeling point for years, the galaxys too.
You can't get this on a smartphone:
AR305115 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
A7306630 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR309507 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR201713 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
The amount of image control and depth of field you get from an actual good camera and a phone aren't the same thing. Phones are using a lot of computational trickery to make up for the sensor size and aperture differences. I'd use a phone for a snapshot, but for this:
DSCF5418 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
That's skill, timing and an excellent lens and camera combo. I'd never do my work with a phone.

tumblr_n81hepXlnm1s50j4bo4_250.gif

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Jiren is cool for the same reason I think Brock Lesnar is cool

They both are large muscle boys who express their emotions and character development through battle.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Kai radiates big rat fuck energy.

Like if you took Kai and put him in a medieval anime, I would initially expect him to be the type of character to lick his dagger or something.

Which makes it kinda funny that he's pretty normal.

It's also kinda surprising Kai survived Gundam to be honest, given the body count of that show.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it only gets worse whenever he shows up in later series. It's like...are we sure this guy isn't a Fedie/Zeon spy? Where are the bodies buried Kai?

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, it only gets worse whenever he shows up in later series. It's like...are we sure this guy isn't a Fedie/Zeon spy? Where are the bodies buried Kai?
Kai's James Bond in Zeta and Unicorn you and me both know he amassed a body count doing some shady shit.
Kai always deserves it.

I watched the Thunderbolt movie recently and I loved it, especially the visuals and the use of music...But it was depressing on a level that I wasn't really expecting.
Thunderbolt's second movie is pretty messed up.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt is very depressing, in a different way than Victory or Zeta, or even IBO. I'd love the eventual TV version to come to TOONAMI.

Oct 25, 2017
Thunderbolt is very depressing, in a different way than Victory or Zeta, or even IBO. I'd love the eventual TV version to come to TOONAMI.
At least those in Thunderbolt can look to jazz as a way to cheer themselves up and connect and express themselves. With Victory you connect over watching your comrade getting brutally killed and in Zeta you connect over getting punched in the face...and seeing a comrade getting brutally murdered...or you connect over getting wooed by fucking Paptimus-sama.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
At least those in Thunderbolt can look to jazz as a way to cheer themselves up and connect and express themselves. With Victory you connect over watching your comrade getting brutally killed and in Zeta you connect over getting punched in the face...and seeing a comrade getting brutally murdered...or you connect over getting wooed by fucking Paptimus-sama.
CNNaRle.gif

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed people were just being tsundere for Big J

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
So, show of hands, who here is aware a Doom movie came out this month?

Look at that direct physical release quality.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Get Christopher Nolan to direct a video game movie already

Oct 26, 2017
My photography is quite fine:
AR302798 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR302820 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
A7306426 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
More here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/133435165@N05/97p9i9
I do videography and photography as a job. What do you use and what's your budget? I could probably recommend a few things if you want to upgrade or buy something new.
Whoooooaaa, those are wonderful!
I just take pictures irregularly as a hobby, so I use my crappy Galaxy J7. Because it's something I've haven't gotten too serious about, my budget for an actual high-quality camera would have to be low enough so that I'm not wasting money on a camera I'm only going to use irregularly.

I thought the newest smartphones are comparable or better than some of the most top of the line cameras out there, its been like the iPhones main feature and seeling point for years, the galaxys too.
I haven't upgraded my phone in almost three years. lol

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed the talk about how good the cameras on the latest phones were was marketing bullshit

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
smartphones are literally the most jack of all trades device ever made.

Like...they aren't even the best at the thing they're named after, but they get the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.