• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
KUCnwRC.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed the talk about how good the cameras on the latest phones were was marketing bullshit
It has it's time and place, but some of it is also marketing bullshit. It's fine for video work and B-roll (short clips to be placed over audio and such, but you still need an actual camera for longer pieces. If I ever get married and my photographer tells me that he plans on shooting it on nothing but his cellphone I'm going to demand my money back, same goes for other forms of event photography and sports. It's a tool, my main problem with it is that I get no enjoyment out of the shooting experience with it.
Whoooooaaa, those are wonderful!
I just take pictures irregularly as a hobby, so I use my crappy Galaxy J7. Because it's something I've haven't gotten too serious about, my budget for an actual high-quality camera would have to be low enough so that I'm not wasting money on a camera I'm only going to use irregularly.
I once thought the same thing until I got my first camera and pretty much dove head first into it. It helped my career substantially. You'll never know till you try, but it's definitely a $1500 investment or less, really depends. I don't recommend that much cheap though.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I find this hilarious

Gennedy "I don't want my new series to be associated with Toonami"
Adult Swim "no problem"
*puts primal in the time slot right before toonami"

Guess I'll have to show up at 10:30, then skip till midnight.
What was with his request for it to not be on Toonami anyway? Like the block has some stigma the rest doesn't? Has he watched their programming?

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a lot of Gundam years ago...

...but I swear, I can't recognize any of the gifs Man God is posting.

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Crazy that we still haven't heard what the new studio for AoT S4 is. At this point I'm starting to think its all a big ol ruse

I also now reevaluate my existence monthly, in accordance with the latest AoT chapter.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Quick someone post the gif of Heero threatening to kill his future gf

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a lot of Gundam years ago...

...but I swear, I can't recognize any of the gifs Man God is posting.
They are all from a show that only came over here subbed a couple of years ago. Gundam Victory. It's the show in between ZZ and Mobile Fighter G Gundam. It's the final show worked on by Tomino, the creator of Gundam, until Turn A. It's a depressing mess and represented the end of the true Universal Century, aka the original timeline.

Oct 25, 2017
They are all from a show that only came over here subbed a couple of years ago. Gundam Victory. It's the show in between ZZ and Mobile Fighter G Gundam. It's the final show worked on by Tomino, the creator of Gundam, until Turn A. It's a depressing mess and represented the end of the true Universal Century, aka the original timeline.
Victory is tied for Zeta as my favorite Gundam though. It's fucked up, but I love it for that very reason.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Zeta is at the least a unified vision, though it does have a few plotholes here and there. Victory Gundam is plagued by Bandai meddling and the show never really knows what it wants to do. Earth? Space. Back to earth? Back to space. Space battleships with wheels? Space battleships with wheels. Is this a show about young scamps having fun and escaping horrible situations by their wits and pantsing their bumbling opposition? Is it a show about the horrors of war and the psychological damage of seeing your friends killed off one by one? Is it a show about how the patriarchy fucked up humanity irrevocably?

Oct 25, 2017
Zeta is at the least a unified vision, though it does have a few plotholes here and there. Victory Gundam is plagued by Bandai meddling and the show never really knows what it wants to do. Earth? Space. Back to earth? Back to space. Space battleships with wheels? Space battleships with wheels. Is this a show about young scamps having fun and escaping horrible situations by their wits and pantsing their bumbling opposition? Is it a show about the horrors of war and the psychological damage of seeing your friends killed off one by one? Is it a show about how the patriarchy fucked up humanity irrevocably?
Yet it sounds better than Reconguista. Don't forget to mention the main villain ends up being Uso's former babysitter.
This is basically in gif form why I love Victory so much.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up loving Reconguista ironically enough after avoiding it because of how people talked about it. Everyone is so chill, shit happens off camera and you just have to roll with it. It looks wonderful. I actually think I like it more than Turn A which it is sort of a sequel/sort of a reboot of. Also it has literally the only space pope in anime/videogame history who is not evil.

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up loving Reconguista ironically enough after avoiding it because of how people talked about it. Everyone is so chill, shit happens off camera and you just have to roll with it. It looks wonderful. I actually think I like it more than Turn A which it is sort of a sequel/sort of a reboot of. Also it has literally the only space pope in anime/videogame history who is not evil.
This, Age, Turn A and 0080 are the only real shows I haven't either finished or started.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I feel like I've played enough Super Robot Wars games that I can probably piece together the plot of every Gundam show.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
So this interview with Genndy just came out a few hours ago and I didn't realize it but this is only the first 5 episodes of a 10 episode "season" with the other 5 releasing at a later point. What's more is that this could actually be a long running series and not just a one off mini series. There is also a lot of great info in the interview about the creative process behind Primal.

Television Animation Genndy Tartakovsky Explains How He Created Primal's Ferocious Fantasy World

The show—about a caveman and a dinosaur, fighting to survive as both an Odd Couple-esque duo and a deadly fighting team in the harshest environment imaginable—has a slightly unusual structure; it'll be airing each night this week, with more to come next year.

"We have 10 episodes total," Tartakovsky explained. "Because we could only have five ready this year, we decided to release these five, and then the next set is next year."

Will Primal return for more, after its first 10 episodes? Tartakovsky hopes so: "So far it's been received very positively, and I think the network is being very supportive. Atthe same time, we haven't gotten ratings and all that good stuff in yet, so we'll see—but I think everybody's very excited about the show."

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
why isn't the original Mobile Suit Gundam streaming anywhere, this is stupid

So this interview with Genndy just came out a few hours ago and I didn't realize it but this is only the first 5 episodes of a 10 episode "season" with the other 5 releasing at a later point. What's more is that this could actually be a long running series and not just a one off mini series. There is also a lot of great info in the interview about the creative process behind Primal.

Television Animation Genndy Tartakovsky Explains How He Created Primal's Ferocious Fantasy World
isn't this the same thing they're doing with Rick and Morty? what's the deal with Adult Swim and the 5 episode thing?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Did you ever wonder what happened to that parade after Prince Ali?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
They should have primal on the adult swim website right?

Status
Not open for further replies.