• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, is Primal mostly creatures beating each other up, or is there more to it?

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
anyone here played indivisible? it looks pretty interesting

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
EGUVz1p-Wo-Ac-NN2-F.jpg

Yeah, same Kirito.
Easy to forget that this is still waiting in the wings. This is probably Dr. Stone's replacement. The timing would be almost identical to part 1's run, which debuted in Japan a week into October 2018 and then on Toonami a week into February 2019.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly kinda glad Eternal got delayed because after finishing FFXIV I'll already have roughly 2 billion games I need to play

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly kinda glad Eternal got delayed because after finishing FFXIV I'll already have roughly 2 billion games I need to play
Oh god, my current backlog is nuts...

- On the final chapter of Judgment, did the final sidecase so once I beat it, I think I'm done
- Need to start AI The Somnium Files which I think I'll do after Judgment or MM11
- Beat Mega Man 11 as I'm about halfway through
- Only on like ch. 3 or 4 of Astral Chain
- Got all the Rin endings in Catherine along with gold rankings on Normal, so gotta get the other endings & maybe get gold on the other difficulties but lol screw babel, i barely beat stage 1
- Need to get back to Skies of Arcadia
- Should finish up Fist of the North Star, I think I was like one or chapters from being done
- get back into Soul Calibur 6 & actually start the story mode
- beat Hard Corps in the Contra Collection
- Still need to start My Hero One's Justice, Shadow of the Colossus, both of the Digimon Story RPGs, Shinobi & Nightshade on PS2, Psychonauts, God Eater 2, Valkyria Chronicles 1 & 4, Drakengard 1, & that's just off the top of my head/what I can easily see on my shelf
- i dunno maybe replay billy hatcher & see how it holds up *shrug*

Only games this month seems to be Luigi's Mansion 3 & Medievil (I only paid like $10 for it & my friend wants to play it), and that may be it for the rest of the year aside from sales/Black Friday which will most likely be more backlog stuff like Tales of Vesperia if that's discounted.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like one of the few people who isn't hyped for FF7 at all

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
the real king of march is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
My 2020 gaming schedule at the moment, just for stuff with confirmed dates:

- Tokyo Mirage Sessions in Jan., despite having it on Wii U
- Yakuza 3, 4, & 5 in Feb, already played 5 so will focus on 3 & 4
- FF7 in March, maaayyyybbbeeee Animal Crossing since New Leaf clicked with me & felt more of a drive/motive to be doing stuff within the game
- Possibly Trials of Mana but I might also just wait for a sale due to my backlog & the fact Yakuza 3 + 4 & FF7 will still be holding me over

Considering I could be changing over to working days at the theater and gonna try to move on up the corporate ladder along with dating being more on my mind, I wonder how much more free time I'll have. For some reason, I can't help but feel like next year or 2021 when I turn 30 is gonna be when my gaming time drastically decreases because of big changes in my life.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The major changes in life that really kill your gaming time:

One or more jobs that goes way over 40 hours a week.
A serious partner
and the real game changer: Kids.

Most normal jobs if you're single or in a lighter relationship you can still live the life of a serious gamer. I work about 50 hours a week when it's busy, and about 30 when not and I can game as much as I did in high school and only slightly less than my bumming it around years in college.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Kirsch Vermillion

Mimosa's older brother, vice captain of the Coral Peacocks and user of cherry blossom flower magic. Like his sister he's named after an alcoholic spirit. He's a class A narcissist and hates commoners, believing them beneath him to the point of being a separate species. If the Royal Knight selection exam did anyone any good it was him completely changing his mind on commoners after getting soundly defeated by two of them and having his sister beat the fact that they're all just human into him. Kirsch is seemingly the only person on the planet that Mimosa isn't nice too, even after he became slightly more woke. He's still a narcissist and acts a lot like Noelle did early on after joining the Black Bulls, but he sees his fellow royal knights as equals now.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Actually haven't played that many games this year, at least compared to most years.
Katamari Damacy
Dishonored 2
Resident Evil 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
Ape Out
Iconoclast
Sekiro
Yoshi's Crafted World
Cuphead
A Plague Tale Innocence
Bloodstained
Wolfenstein Youngblood
Outlast 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses-Blue Lion's campaign
Rage 2
Little Nightmares DLC
Astral Chain
Ori and the Blind Forest

Three Houses, Ori, and Resident Evil 2 are tied for my goty so far. Outlast 2 and Wolfenstein: Youngblood are tied for the worst games I've played this year.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
So this interview with Genndy just came out a few hours ago and I didn't realize it but this is only the first 5 episodes of a 10 episode "season" with the other 5 releasing at a later point. What's more is that this could actually be a long running series and not just a one off mini series. There is also a lot of great info in the interview about the creative process behind Primal.

Television Animation Genndy Tartakovsky Explains How He Created Primal's Ferocious Fantasy World

Huh. I was wondering why I didn't hear about the other 5 episodes playing next week or two episodes a night this week. Kind of annoying.

Episode 1 was great though (if a bit messed up).

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
This year I played:
Steins; Gate, Steins;Gate 0, Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, Fire Emblem Fates Revelations, Fire Emblem Echoes:Shadows of Valentia, Pokemon Ultra Moon, Final Fantasy IX, Etrian Odyssey Nexus, Etrian Odyssey V, Persona 3 Portable, Phantasy Star, Link's Awakening, Our World is Ended, Ai:The Somnium Files.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey
Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Kingdom Hearts III
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Tokyo Xanadu EX+
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
Operencia: The Stolen Sun
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Arc Rise Fantasia
Persona Q 2: New Cinema Labyrinth
The Surge
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
The Surge 2
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (remake)

Still to play:

Dragon Quest XI S
Grandia PC
The Outer Worlds
Romancing SaGa 3 ?
SaGa Scarlet Grace: Ambitions
Star Ocean: First Departure R

Next year's list so far:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Trials of Mana
Persona 5 Royal
Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls
Tales of Arise
The Alliance Alive HD Remastered
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I still intend to beat:

Yu-No
P4 Golden
FF VIII
Luigi's Mansion 3
Persona Q
Xenogears
Pokemon Sword
Octopath Traveler

I've pushed Three Houses, Radiant Historia, Strange Journey, EO Untold 1/2, PQ2 to next year.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
The major changes in life that really kill your gaming time:

One or more jobs that goes way over 40 hours a week.
A serious partner
and the real game changer: Kids.

Most normal jobs if you're single or in a lighter relationship you can still live the life of a serious gamer. I work about 50 hours a week when it's busy, and about 30 when not and I can game as much as I did in high school and only slightly less than my bumming it around years in college.
I tend to work about 30 hours now, but it's gonna flux when I make the change to day crew, but hopefully I can work my way up to positions like projectionist where I can work longer hours. As for a partner, just would be nice to have someone who at least understands my gaming hobby & would be up for multiplayer, but I haven't had the best luck. At the very least, my Toonami viewing shouldn't be affected since I've befriended the manager & he's rather understanding of hobbies, plus the fact I can work any day or hours should let me be done in time to get home despite Saturdays being one of the busier days.

Also feel motivated to switch to days due to the fact my friend's new job isn't working out as well as he'd hope & wants to come back, so I'm hoping I do well at concession & such so then he can take my night shift position and earn his original, better salary. Plus this will further help me deal with my introvertedness since I've come a long ways compared to last year.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if anyone can guess the last Black Clover character I'm going to cover before the Ben Benfunk expose.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Day shifts are infinitely better if you want to interact with people, that's for sure.
Not to mention keeping social obligations with my family like Thanksgiving & Christmas plus just being able to have the time to go to events that happen while I'm sleeping after work. Also day crew seems like it'll have some people I'll get along with based on how many people came to the private screening one of the assistant managers did for the MHA movie.

Another major thing is that I seem to have mild depression which hits me hard in the winter, which probably means I have seasonal depression due to not getting enough sunlight, so I'm thinking the shift will also help with my mental health. I'll miss the laidback nature & being able to listen to podcasts, but after 4 years, it's just finally taken its toll on me.

I wonder if anyone can guess the last Black Clover character I'm going to cover before the Ben Benfunk expose.
Watch it be someone we thought was already covered like the nun Asta wants to marry.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Sister Lily and Asta both got their days.

Rebecca Scarlet was the last harem member to get a shot. Klaus the first. All the rest have been accounted for.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
OG Wizard King got a day, the Demon was replaced by En Ringard
Because he's still alive and behind all the nonsense with the Elves.

Status
Not open for further replies.