• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just do it right now because I won't be around too much tomorrow.

BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: William Vangeance

William Vangeance, Captain of the Golden Dawn, master of Yggdrasil magic. Rival to Captain Yami who calls him Goldie Guts and best friend of Julius Novochrono. He looks and sounds an awful lot like the leader of the Eye of the Midnight Sun Licht, except for his face which is disfigured by a curse placed on him in childhood. Julius gave him the weird mardi gras mask he wears everywhere he goes. He recently invited Yami over to apologize to him when the Black Clover base was attacked...

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
plot twist

it was actually the mangaka that was the last character because he plays the biggest role in black clover: the role of the story teller

CKOHLER

Oct 25, 2017
FFTLXdb.jpg

Episode 170 "Emperor Ruffles III"
In this episode Grexeno, B-Dubs, Seda, and ckohler rank and review both Dragonball Super and Gundam: The Origin, go over all the new shows debuting and announced, discuss Boruto leaving the block, cover two episodes of Dr. Stone and generally make fun Shippuden.

Audio:

Timecodes:
0:00:59 News (New shows, Jojo Pt. 5 announced, Boruto leaving)
0:17:40 Dragonball Super Finale
0:26:20 Dragonball Super Reviews
0:38:35 Dragonball Super Ranking
0:44:00 Dr. Stone Episodes 6 & 7
0:58:21 Fire Force
1:10:25 Food Wars!
1:18:30 Black Clover
1:23:29 Boruto
1:28:08 Naruto Shippuden
1:35:01 Gundam: The Origin Finale
1:40:39 Gundam: The Origin Reviews
1:45:29 Gundam: The Origin Ranking
2:00:24 Lupin Part 5
0:05:39 Best Show of the Night and Sign offs

Visit the website:

Subscribe in your favorite podcast app using this address:

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
We ranked some shows:

1. Cowboy Bebop
  2. FLCL
  3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  4. Hunter x Hunter
  5. Space Dandy
  6. Mob Psycho 100
  7. The Promised Neverland
  8. Gurren Lagann
  9. One Piece
  10. Black Lagoon
  11. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
  12. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency
  13. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  14. Attack on Titan
  15. Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
  16. Samurai Jack
  17. My Hero Academia
  18. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
  19. One-Punch Man
  20. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood
  21. Soul Eater
  22. Samurai Champloo
  23. The Big O
  24. Sym-Bionic Titan
  25. InuYasha
  26. Eureka Seven
  27. FLCL: Alternative
  28. Hellsing Ultimate
  29. Dragonball Z Kai
  30. Kill la Kill
  31. Dragon Ball Super
  32. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
  33. Naruto
  34. Outlaw Star
  35. Lupin the Third Part IV
  36. Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  37. Michiko & Hatchin
  38. Pop Team Epic
  39. Deadman Wonderland
  40. Casshern Sins
  41. Bleach
  42. IGPX
  43. FLCL: Progressive
  44. Parasyte -the maxim-
  45. Blue Exorcist
  46. Megalo Box
  47. ThunderCats (2011)
  48. InuYasha: The Final Act
  49. gen:Lock
  50. Samurai 7
  51. Naruto Shippuden
  52. Dimension W
  53. Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096
  54. Sword Art Online
  55. Beware the Batman
  56. Akame ga Kill!
  57. Tenchi Muyo! GXP
  58. Tokyo Ghoul

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Abby Trott was put on my radar after voicing Annette in Three Houses. She brought a ton of personality to that character. So it'll be nice to see her in another role.

Looks like the only other Toonami role she had was Julieta (butterfly eating girl) in Iron-Blooded Orphans

Edit: Oh yeah, missed she did a couple HxH characters, most notably Machi.

Last edited:

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I remember liking her as Machi

Nezuko is a weird one though since
she will hardly ever talk lol

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Three house's dub is pretty fantastic all around, why doesn't nintendo just use that team for Mario and Zelda which always have pretty mediocre VA outside of Martinet

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Three house's dub is pretty fantastic all around, why doesn't nintendo just use that team for Mario and Zelda which always have pretty mediocre VA outside of Martinet
IIRC It was done Cup of Tea (ADR director was Patrick Seitz) rather than Treehouse internal.Treehouse voice acting has yet to be more than just OK at best, I think.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Three Houses dub has parts that aren't good and some decent voice acting. I wouldn't call it tremendous, but compared to other Nintendo titles, it's pretty good.

I think my problems with Three Houses dub probably just has to do with the fact there is so much dialogue, that it's hard to go back and refine all those takes.

OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Three Houses dub has parts that aren't good and some decent voice acting. I wouldn't call it tremendous, but compared to other Nintendo titles, it's pretty good.

I think my problems with Three Houses dub probably just has to do with the fact there is so much dialogue, that it's hard to go back and refine all those takes.
Yeah this is probably true. Echoes has better voice acting overall (also Cup of Tea, Wendee Lee was the ADR Director I *think* with 8-4 supervision) but that game has a much tighter cast and script.

Oct 25, 2017

That didn't take long. The Blurays also doesn't have frame drops if anyone was actually worried about that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Seda

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno if this makes any sense, but the english version of that sound sounds almost too bad like a 'ballad', like they are trying to sound sentimental or touching and it's weird

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
the dub version of the song almost deflated every hype moment it was attached to.

I hope the 2super dub comes in so hot that they don't have time to dub all the songs next time around lol

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the dub version of the song almost deflated every hype moment it was attached to.

I hope the 2super dub comes in so hot that they don't have time to dub all the songs next time around lol
I don't care about that as along as I get to keep my FRAMES

Oct 25, 2017
i dunno if this makes any sense, but the english version of that sound sounds almost too bad like a 'ballad', like they are trying to sound sentimental or touching and it's weird
The lead singer is so quiet honestly and the whole thing is poorly mixed. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Toei order considering they constantly have Japanese insert songs forced to English since BOG and even in the Super: Broly film. I think Funimation knows it's pretty bad.

The Mexican broadcast dub originally had the Japanese version too and according to some Mexican twitter users later broadcasts switched to Mexican dubbed insert songs after that. So who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't use the english version of the opening for the insert song during the U6 tournament arc

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't use the english version of the opening for the insert song during the U6 tournament arc
That is odd, but I think Toei implemented subtitles changes to the american names lately on the DVDs. They had previously had used the original Japanese spelling on the previous DVDs and Blu rays for Z and Kai. There has been a lot of changes recently.

Apparently Toei does have some say in the dub choices and has to approve voice picks for Super and they chose Seitz for Jiren.

In any case, I'll probably have to stick to a fan edited versions for music tracks for Kai and now a couple of episodes of Super.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Rager probably would've been a good 'heroic' Jiren voice like in Xenoverse

Seitz probably works better for Jiren's actual character though

UltraGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe if Bryce smoked 4 cartons of cigarettes a day his voice would start sounding like Inosuke. Otherwise it looks like he only got the role because he and the Seiyuu voiced Kirito.

Oct 25, 2017
Zenitsu's voice is very very new. His big claim to fame so far is Male Akira in Astral Chain. Also Brenden in Pokemon "Please Buy Our Diamonds" Masters

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
FINAL BLACK CLOVER CHARACTER OF THE DAY: Ben Benfunk

The hero of the realm, the noted sage of the Crimson Lions as a 4th Ranked Senior Knight. Around forty years of age this absolute legend of the battlefield uses his supreme knowledge of Copper Magic to trap, confound, and amaze his opponents. He joined with relative nobodies Brand and Eric on Team M (Mightiest, Most Magical, Massive Muttonchops) and earned a place on the Royal Knights, being the only Crimson Lion besides the captain to do so! He was sent into the heart of the Eye of the Midnight's Sun hideout anchoring a team of Luck, Noelle, and Kirsch, which he obviously leads. His first act was to save a young maiden in distress, probably one of hundreds or thousands of such deeds he's spearheaded in his long illustrious career. Many have said that if Julius Novochrono were to ever fall in battle that Ben Benfunk would be his obvious successor and some have hinted that he should just step aside for the superior in every way Ben Benfunk right now.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The best voice acted Nintendo games in rough order:

FE Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
FE Three Houses
Xenoblade Chronicles 1
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

and I'll give an honorable mention to Breath of the Wild, which had some absolutely atrocious English VA along with some that genuinely moved me.

The Platinum Nintendo exclusives have also been top tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.