• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Is the actress who played Zelda in BOTW from the U.K.?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Oh if you want to count Torna as a separate game I'd put it either ahead of XBC1 or behind it. Addam and Lora being around really improves things.

EDIT: Bonus Honorable mention:

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
*looks at the burning dumpster fire that is Activision Blizzard*

...BlizzCon gonna be real interesting this year.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They wanted to go even further beyond last year. A level beyond SSJ2 shittiness! At least last year you could make a case for the fans being whiny jerks not even giving a game a chance but this time, nope, all self inflicted.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren is a socially inept recluse whose childhood trauma led to him developing an assholish personality and a belief that personal strength is the only true way to avoid going through the kind of trauma that plagued his childhood.

But hey he doesn't talk much and he flexes so he must have 0 character

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
He's also not wrong, he just should have been stronger than Goku. Or instead of being so prideful he could have eliminated Freezer and 17 when he was at full power resting there.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Also @ the podcast its Caulifla and Kale. Kefla is their fusion.

CKOHLER Jiren got strong the same way Goku and Vegeta did. He trained really really hard.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Jiren is a socially inept recluse whose childhood trauma led to him developing an assholish personality and a belief that personal strength is the only true way to avoid going through the kind of trauma that plagued his childhood.

bXp2TrW.png

but ten billion percent less cool

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished listening to the part of the podcast ranking Super & that seems like a perfectly fair spot with valid reasoning behind it.

....also grex let's have me on when jojo episode 7 airs so we can fanboy over it.

Oct 26, 2017

But hey he doesn't talk much and he flexes so he must have 0 character
No one is saying that he doesn't have 0 character. It's just that his character is generic and too "rinse and repeat" of other characters in other anime.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Jiren's character for like 90% of the ToP was "really fucking strong guy who kind of looks like a roided out grey alien". Giving him a lame ass cliche as fuck backstory at the last minute and suddenly making him a guy who has issues opening up to his friends or whatever that was at the 11th hour is character, buts its cheap and its half assed.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The ToP is a great idea, especially for giving scenes to supporting characters who generally don't get a lot of it, but it's not a great environment to introduce a lot of new rivals.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't listened to the pod, but looking at the list, I feel its in the right spot, just behind Kai. Up until the Tournament of Power arc, I would have said it was a better show than Kai, but this arc dragged like crazy and Jiren isn't a great big bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't listened to the pod, but looking at the list, I feel its in the right spot, just behind Kai. Up until the Tournament of Power arc, I would have said it was a better show than Kai, but this arc dragged like crazy and Jiren isn't a great big bad.
It's like ten eps less than the Chimera Ant Arc and has less going on in it plot wise, it's a slog.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
The ToP is largely just action for actions sake, and how much you enjoy it is how much you just want to see new powers in the DB universe. I wouldn't even call Jiren the big bad of the arc, one could argue the main antagonist of the arc is the Zeno's along with Goku for planting the idea in their brain.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the Joker film last night as I had a free pass to a nearby theater. Its not very good though I can see why people will enjoy it. Felt like every angry misunderstood dude who lashes out at the world but with a coat of superhero paint. It also has some of the worst dialogue I've heard in a while from a major movie.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
it saddens me to see people make light of my dude Big J like that

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars threads have reached a point where it's only a few pages before someone gets called a snowflake.

That's not the jedi way.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even bother in most threads that bring up Star Wars, even if that's not even the focus of the thread because it is after its brought up.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Jedi was a mistake how could they ruin star wars with the second best mainline movie

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've posted in literally one Star Wars thread since swearing off them soon after TLJ came out. Literally nothing has changed. It's the same angry people bitching at one another.

Worst fandom by far that I've personally experienced.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The saddest part of the Star Wars fanbase is that there is only been like 1 legitimately great movie in the series. (Episode 5)

All the other movies have really heavy flaws that aren't ignorable, even the OG ones were butchered by Lucas's CGI additions

It reminds me a lot of DBZ fans actually, where they are convinced that the series is more then it is.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
He was just chasing his dream!

He wanted Guts as a friend not a follower!

Other excuses for him being a horrible vile betrayer murdering rapist demon!

Status
Not open for further replies.