• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

Top 15 best selling Switch games on the eShop in December (EU)

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest month of the year so I thought it would be interesting to see what were the top performer this year !

1/ Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2/ Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle
3/ Super Mario Party
4/ Crypt of the NecroDancer
5/ Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
6/ GRIS
7/ Stardew Valley
8/ Octopath Traveler
9/ Minecraft
10/ Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy
11/ Pokémon : Let's Go Pikachu
12/ Sid Meier's Civilization VI
13/ Overcooked 2
14/ FIFA 19
15/ Diablo III

Discounts helped to push some older titles. New games are in bold.

I personally love the variety of this list and I enjoyed playing most of these games. Good mix of 1st party, indies and 3rd party games too. What do you think ?

Nov 15, 2017
Was wondering how high Rabbids would be after that amazing discount. Surprised how low Pokemon is but guess it would have done a lot in physical and bundles

Jan 10, 2018
France
Octopath over Minecraft is the real surprise there: did it have a sale ? (edit, I just checked, it did)

Also, damn Stardew Valley is a leg monster, it never stops selling

Oct 29, 2017
Since EU e-shop started sharing these lists in May 2017 this has been Minecrafts position in each month has been

2017: 1,1,2,4,4,4,5,3
2018: 2,2,2,1,5,4,7,6,12,10,X,9

X is outside of the top 15

Gotta wonder how many copies of Minecraft has been sold on the Switch

Rion

Oct 27, 2017
Mario + Rabbids must have sold in the region of 4 million units by now? It's such a great game, I'm hopeful for a sequel using more Nintendo characters.

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
great to see M+R so high. it was a steal at that price point.
can't wait to see the team's next game, mario+rabbids was just amazing.

Mario + Rabbids must have sold in the region of 4 million units by now? It's such a great game, I'm hopeful for a sequel using more Nintendo characters.
3 million is more likely imo. it was never even confirmed to have passed 2 million.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lelouch0612
Oct 25, 2017
great to see M+R so hight. it was a steal at that price point.
can't wait to see the teams next game. mario rabbids was just amazing.

3 million is more likely imo. it was never even confirmed to have passed 2 million.
Yep it was confirmed. Soliani shaved its beard because of that. It must have been around the Japanese laucnh at the begining of 2018.

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
Yep it was confirmed. Soliani shaved its beard because of that. It must have been around the Japanese laucnh at the begining of 2018.
but he later said shaved it just because. let me see if i can find it.
i mean it has for sure passed 2 million, but it hasn't been confirmed by any reliable source, it's just that some websites have reported it and wikipedia uses them as source.

edit:

Nov 2, 2017
What a totally bizarre list. Octopath Traveler over Pokémon and FIFA. Crypt of the NecroDancer over Mario Kart. You could literally randomize the order after Smash and it would make an equal amount of sense to me.