• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
~60k physical for November is the leaked number, which is fairly decent for a full price late port of a FPS on a Nintendo console. I'm sure they're happy with its performance.

Skyrim undoubtedly performed quite well too, and we don't have a happy statement about that either. Not every success gets a happy statement.
Also doom is full priced while other systems have been reaching bargain bin prices. It's the reason I decided to hold off. It'll reach that price too on switch and then I'll get it.

bottledfox

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I played 60 hours of NBA 2K18, just for the sim modes. Unfortunately MyGM was a bit of a letdown this year, and there's no MyLeague Online to been seen ("full-featured" my ass).

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the game clock glitch has anything to do with Xenoblade. I know it came out late but it's weird a game that long can make the best sellers list but not accumulate any hours but Skyrim could.

Last edited:

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sad to see no Xenoblade, but understandable, it came out barely a month ago. My most played Switch game at 120 hours, capped off BOTW at 100 and SMO at 60ish.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I honestly thought Skyrim was going to bomb.

It's a full priced 6 years old game with no mods, i thought Nintendo itself was extremely stupid at marketing that much an old game when you're supposed to show new things on a new platform.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Rocket League's spot seems super low, especially considering some of the games ahead of it.

Limabean01

Oct 29, 2017
WA, australia
The most shocking thing for me is that disgaea is so high.

Also, I would expect doom and xenoblade 2 to be in the top ~25 anyway, and xenoblade will climb quickly I think.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
The most shocking thing for me is that disgaea is so high.

Disgaea 5 is an interesting game for me at least. I don't think I've played it for more than an hour at home. It's not a game you (or at least I) sit down with for a 2 or 3 hour sitting. But I played it every day on the train for a solid 2 months, 30 minutes each way.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Interesting, I would've expected Binding of Isaac to be lower and Rocket League to be higher.
Binding of Isaac came out near launch while Rocket League came out near the end of the year. With that in mind, their placements aren't that surprising.
Yeah, good point. I'm still a little surprised by BoI's popularity, but I guess I'm clearly just underestimating it.
Ahem...

7epahUS.jpg

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Actually I didn't even register that Odyssey is actually above Mario Kart. Damn that is a surprise when I think about it, Mario Kart is *the* multiplayer game on any Nintendo system and it's been out for a while now. And Odyssey is actually above it? It only took me 10 hours to beat Bowser there and I've put another 2/2.5x that amount in since but either people are playing that game on average a lot more than that or it is selling incredibly. I mean we know it's selling incredibly but I didn't think it'd be this big.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Must have not counted December since xenoblade isn't up there. Easily one of my most long switch play through

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Actually I didn't even register that Odyssey is actually above Mario Kart. Damn that is a surprise when I think about it, Mario Kart is *the* multiplayer game on any Nintendo system and it's been out for a while now. And Odyssey is actually above it? It only took me 10 hours to beat Bowser there and I've put another 2/2.5x that amount in since but either people are playing that game on average a lot more than that or it is selling incredibly. I mean we know it's selling incredibly but I didn't think it'd be this big.

I feel like time really get's away from me when I play Odyssey. I was shocked when I saw I had 50 hours in the game because it sure didn't feel like it.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Must have not counted December since xenoblade isn't up there. Easily one of my most long switch play through

It's one of the most recently released games, and still likely has relatively few sales overall. This ranking is the cumulative play hours for all of those games in NA. Games releasing earlier have an inherent advantage, both for play time and number of sales.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

No I think December must have been included otherwise Rocket League, Skyrim and Odyssey wouldn't have gotten to where they are in that list in a single month.

Xenoblade might just have missed out or disappointed in sales, it obviously hasn't sold massive numbers. I'd like to think it'd be in the top 30 definitely but we may never know.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't aware that NBA 2k and Rocket league got switch releases. How do they play and are they worth getting? Looking at adding a few more games to the library.