• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
This was recently posted to Nintendo News.
  1. Fortnite
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Pokémon Sword
  4. Pokémon Shield
  5. Luigi's Mansion 3
  6. Minecraft
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  8. Preventative Strike
  9. Untitled Goose Game
  10. Rocket League
  11. Cuphead
  12. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  13. Mad Age & This Guy
  14. Overcooked! 2
  15. Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Double Pack
  16. Just Dance 2020
  17. Stardew Valley
  18. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  19. Super Mario Party
  20. Quest for the Golden Duck
  21. Overwatch: Legendary Edition
  22. Crypt of the Necrodancer
  23. Ori and the Blind Forest
  24. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  25. Unravel Two
  26. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
  27. Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum 'n' Fun!
  28. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  29. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  30. Asphalt 9: Legends
To my great surprise, Smash Ultimate somehow outsold Sword & Shield individually (even though obviously they sold more combined). I wonder if this means Smash had an unusually excellent sales month, or if it means that Pokémon has a smaller digital share than other titles?

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm somehow skeptical of this. Sword/Shield should be way ahead of Smash, even individually.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
These Nintendo news sales lists always seem odd, I'm not sure I'd take it as gospel.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
Links Awakening and Mario Maker 2? Man it always seems like these two games somehow missed the "Switch boost".

(I know it's just a digital chart. Just what it seems like to me in addition to what I've seen from the Japanese sales.)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody mentions how Super Mario Odyssey seemingly is never on hear anymore. Then there's Zelda at #7!

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Links Awakening and Mario Maker 2? Man it always seems like these two games somehow missed the "Switch boost".

(I know it's just a digital chart. Just what it seems like to me in addition to what I've seen from the Japanese sales.)
Maybe you should check global shipments for those games.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017

I agree about Mario Maker 2. People say "this is expected and it's still selling well", but compared to the other key Switch titles, it's surely underwhelming.

Link's Awakening on the other hand IS quite a convoluted and "dated" puzzle-like game (even though I personally like it), and I think it would have sold even less if people knew what kind of game it was. It rode on the Breath of the Wild hype, but it's not the same kind of experience in any shape or form.

The market has really spoken about what direction Zelda should go.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I agree about Mario Maker 2. People say "this is expected and it's still selling well", but compared to the other key Switch titles, it's surely underwhelming.

Link's Awakening on the other hand IS quite a convoluted and "dated" puzzle-like game (even though I personally like it), and I think it would have sold even less if people knew what kind of game it was. It rode on the Breath of the Wild hype, but it's not the same kind of experience in any shape or form.

You shouldnt be comparing it to other switch titles you should br comparing it to smm1, and even among Nintendo switch best sellers it's in the top 10

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I know. And they're great. I just thought Super Mario Maker 2 would be higher at least (if not LA, since it's a remake after all.)

In what world should 3.93m in 3 months (SMM2) be considered underwhelming? You even make it sound like 3.13m in 11 days (L'sA) is not that much, how? What did you expect? Those games didn't even go through their first holiday season yet.

OP
OP
Unknownlight

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
In what world should 3.93m in 3 months (SMM2) be considered underwhelming? You even make it sound like 3.13m in 11 days (L'sA) is not that much, how? Those games didn't even go through their first holiday season yet.

They're discussing it in the context of this thread. Neither game is even in the top 30 of the month while a years-old game like Mario + Rabbids is.

transience

Found the ultimate water hazard
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it's sale related but it's interesting to see Necrodancer up there and Cadence of Hyrule nowhere to be found.

Dec 2, 2017
Nobody mentions how Super Mario Odyssey seemingly is never on hear anymore. Then there's Zelda at #7!
I was gonna mention it. It's one of the highest reviewed games of all time, sold a ton, it's weird that lesser Mario games are on there ahead of it. You'd think it'd be something most people picking up the console would be getting, whether they were going digital or physical.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Why is "Preventative Strike" so high?

Is that a F2P game or one of those games that dropped its price to $0.01 to get a sales boost?

It looks like a zero budget helicopter scrolling shooter.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
why on earth would anyone buy the digital double pack for pokemon?
unless you get a code for one of the games that seems like a huge waste of money