• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
These shots looked amazing and fuck it I'm all in on the fan service.

Cruise Missile always delivers. If this is his last hoo-rah, I'd probably be totally fine with that.

(also fuck yeah Ed Harris)

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Grumman actually did pitch an updated F-14 that was basically an entire different aircraft internally, but maintained the iconic silhouette. Congress rejected it and went with the super hornet instead.

I still believe the aircraft was killed because of Grumman's ill-fated Iran deal, not because of cost.
Congress chose poorly

less

Oct 25, 2017
I am always down for a Tom Cruise action film (well almost always) and this looks good enough to watch.

Lorcain

Oct 27, 2017
My college roommate was inspired by Top Gun to become a naval aviator (like many during that time). He's already served a full 20+ year career flying F18's (including his dream of going to Navy Fighter Weapons School at Miramar), served as a squadron XO, and retired as a Commander. Meanwhile, Maverick will still be flying and kicking ass in 2020 :)

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
I reckon a Top Gun sequel should have happened in the 90s.... so at least THIS movie could have rounded off the franchise as a trilogy.

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
Looks nice, director has a great eye for shots. Kinda wish this was about drones making fighter pilots obsolete only to have Cruise disprove that, maybe it will cover some of that.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Really like how the they're using real jets and not just cgi-ing them in. Nice to see them actually move like jet fighters do. Especially the 180 spin he does were it shakes as it gets into position. Looks like a rollercoaster and really gets across how it would feel to be in that cockpit.

Looks nice, director has a great eye for shots. Kinda wish this was about drones making fighter pilots obsolete only to have Cruise disprove that, maybe it will cover some of that.

Not sure if it helps but Ace Combat 7 is all about that.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Really like how the they're using real jets and not just cgi-ing them in. Nice to see them actually move like jet fighters do. Especially the 180 spin he does were it shakes as it gets into position. Looks like a rollercoaster and really gets across how it would feel to be in that cockpit.

Not sure if it helps but Ace Combat 7 is all about that.
Yeah, I also love the way he correctly looks when he flies over the mountain. Those details and real planes are very important. Because I don't like the last shot with the f14. You can clearly see it is CG.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So fucking good!

QpmddTZ.gif

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I'm surprised there are no F-35Cs considering they are the next generation of carrier borne fighters. And with their stealth capabilities they've shredded relatively larger numbers of fourth generation fighters.

I would guess that's what "your kind is headed to extinction." is in refference to. The F-35 is replacing nearly everything and there hasn't been a dogfight between a US plane and another nations jets in decades.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For some reason Paul Oakenfold's Ready Steady Go song that I first heard in Collateral, another Cruise movie, was playing in my head during the entire trailer

Sargerus

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is the first movie where Cruise is finally showing off his age. Damn.

Consensual

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for them to design these super intricate and mind blowing flying scenes, that we don't actually see because the film keeps showing us Tom Cruise's face to show that he's the one flying. Just like Mission Impossible.

That new version of the classic theme isn't as good. But all in all, day one, I'm in for more Top Gun!

Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
WHOOOOO. Love it. Still wondering how this is going to top the first Top Gun though. F-18 Superhornet? Come on...
Also curious about the loadout. 2 Paveway GBUs? That's ground combat.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Should have smuggled the film crew to Iran for some IRL Tomcat footage.

Looks great though! It's surreal seeing a sequel to an 80s movie where the main character doesn't look insanely different.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Im sorry but not having danger zone in the trailer is messed up.

It better feature in the final movie and the final marketing push otherwise someone fucked up

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
My dad and I used to watch top gun together all the time when I was a kid. I can't wait to see this. I know he will be there with me in spirit.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No lie.. watching this brings me right back to being an 8 year old humming the damn Top Gun anthem while I played with my ERTL F-14, zooming it around the house.

cd480a197cdda9402a807e1307b0dc13.jpg

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Holy shit this is going to be better than I could have ever hoped for. Nostalgia overload. Cannot wait!