• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Conspiracy by the NFL to make the Browns draft Darnold and leave the Giants with Barkley and give me an aneurysm.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Every single person who declares for the draft should have someone comb through their twitter account and scrub it clean.

Oct 28, 2017
He was hacked!

Remember the kid a few years ago who had a video released on Draft Day of him hitting a gas-mask bong in his dorm room? Guy dropped like a stone, I wonder what happened to him. That video cost him MILLIONS.

He's suing his former athlete agent, who released it out of spite to hurt him. Or at least he was. I haven't followed along.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean there is a growing consensus that the Browns are taking Mayfield now so, yeah this absolutely hurt him.

I just hope the Jets are still the Jets.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care if Barkley ends up being a HOF running back, RBs just aren't worth that much and their shelf life is relatively short.
100%

I'd have zero faith in this front effice moving forward and honestly want the house cleaned again if they draft a running back at 2 v. a QB or trade down and stockpile assets from a team that wants a QB.

Not to mention Barkley at 2 is the 5th highest paid RB starting from draft night.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Giants should take Chubb, he's a great player and fills a position of immediate need for them. And I don't even see what the big deal with Barkley is, he's an athletic freak that struggles with vision and tough back-7's. He was shut down plenty enough in college against good teams to know that he's not some "once in a generation" type talent like people keep saying.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Things he said were unacceptable and I hope there is some type of consequence, even if it's just a public shaming. But while I don't think I would have ever put the n word on Twitter or any social media as a high schooler, I definitely would have said some wicked stupid shit. Sexist drivel for one thing. Being a teen isn't a pass for saying racist shit because we need to hold everyone to a higher standard when it comes to racism, but I am quicker to forgive that type of stupid fuckery from teens if they make an effort to act like they learned a lesson.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
100%

I'd have zero faith in this front effice moving forward and honestly want the house cleaned again if they draft a running back at 2 v. a QB or trade down and stockpile assets from a team that wants a QB.

Not to mention Barkley at 2 is the 5th highest paid RB starting from draft night.

Agreed. Hopefully the Bills love one of these QBs. If the FO thinks that Eli has something left in the tank then trading down and getting more picks makes sense. I am fine with Jackson late first round or early second.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tbh, this is probably the best thing to happen to him since it means he won't be a Brown.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I would be banned on this forum for some of the language I used as a teenager in high school. Fortunately, I was allowed to grow up and not have that held against me.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
I hate this kinda shit. He was a child when said all this garbage. Let the kid live.

Unless hes still tweeting this kind of thing.

Otherwise its just pathetic gotcha bullshit.

This is pretty much where I'm at.
It's a horrible look, but he was also in HS at that time. Doesn't appear to have continued the fuckery.

But he should fire his agent like right now.....before he gets drafted. I'm positive the NFL already knows about this.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
High school kids being high school kids
With that said how do these idiots not just delete Twitter. If you have gathered any publicity or popularity you should be deleting Twitter immediately.

eZn

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
c93Otru.jpg

This piece of shit!

IAMtheFMan

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
No, that's mostly southern Ohio. Northeast (where Cleveland is) votes overwhelmingly Democrat.

Not to get too off topic, but this is not correct at all dude. If you stay in Cuyahoga and Summit counties maybe, but around it is a sea of red. Really aside from the counties of the major (Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati) AND minor (Toledo, Athens, Youngstown) cities, everywhere was red. Even Montgomery county with Dayton was red (though it was pretty close if I recall).

Staying on topic, I'm curious to see if he falls a bit like Tunsil did (though he didn't fall that much) with that bong pic thing or the Browns just march on forward.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I honestly don't understand why he is being constantly being hyped like he is. His numbers don't stack up and he didn't play well against good teams. He has a big arm with accuracy issues. Since I'm a Brown's fan though that's who they will take I'm sure.

I'd personally take Rosen as the top pick. Or even better Saquon and see what QBs are available at 4

EPaul

Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, i thought people would know by now to delete all their embarassing tweets or pics before getting a big opportunity

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't understand why he is being constantly being hyped like he is. His numbers don't stack up and he didn't play well against good teams. He has a big arm with accuracy issues. Since I'm a Brown's fan though that's who they will take I'm sure.

I'd personally take Rosen as the top pick. Or even better Saquon and see what QBs are available at 4
Because he's a big white guy with a good arm who can run, from a college no one has ever seen play. Remind you of anyone? People follow trends even if it's a BS narrative because Wentz was obviously better coming out of college.

Wentz is also less of a douche ofc!

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This still seems like a high school kid saying dumb shit 5-8 years ago. Maybe he didn't think anything of it, but the first thing I would've done if I knew I was a possible top draft pick is have all of my social media posts scrubbed.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Rosen dared to criticize Donald Trump. That's a far bigger negative in the NFL for a white QB than being a racist.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
https://sports.yahoo.com/offensive-tweets-josh-allen-surface-hours-nfl-draft-024847843.html

Allen has tweeted the "n" word multiple times.

"@cheriishhh: i dont think you niggas want a troubled son!"

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 14, 2012

"@Alpha_Patlan: "@J_Prodigy_5: @Alpha_Patlan (uhh) stay schemin…" Niggas Trying To Get At Me. " doe

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 12, 2013

"@FelipeeeeMelo_: Bout to show up these Niggas at pong. Gonna do for @j_prodigy_5 @AFlyer5 and @J_Sal_Forever_5.":)

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) February 26, 2012

He also responded to a question that looks like was asked of him on AskFM in 2013, saying "If it ain't white, it ain't right!"

Why are you so white ? — If it ain't white, it ain't right! http://t.co/wsLQKZQWG5

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 25, 2013

While this one isn't necessarily offensive, Allen also shared his public dislike for NBA star LeBron James in 2011.

I hate LeBron!!!!! #LeBronSucks

— Josh Allen (@JoshAllenQB) June 7, 2011

Allen shitting himself as an NFL QB will bring me so much joy.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

It's his height and arm strength.

He's got the parts that translate to a higher ceiling. How close to that ceiling he will ever be capable of being is the question that the Browns and other teams looking to draft a QB is the question.

I agree with you about taking Saquon #1 and grabbing one of the QBs at #4, as 2 of their preferences are likely to be there at #4.

Though I won't be upset by going QB at #1 and Chubb at #4 or something like that.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like a well educated white man that deserves all the money in the world.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean yeah obviously, that's why this stuff comes out before the draft all the time, it's why all the La'el Collins stuff should disgust people. Because he was ROBBED of millions of dollars based on absolutely nothing.
Sounds like a well educated white man that deserves all the money in the world.
I have a friend who says he knows people around him who say he's, and I quote "a god damn moron".

Which is why I really, reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't want the Bills to draft him (the Bills are gonna draft him).