• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
PS4/Switch /XB1

Here at Perfect World Entertainment, we're excited to announce that we've teamed up with the developers at Panic Button to release Torchlight II on PlayStation 4 for the very first time on September 3! This fall, Runic Games' classic dungeon crawler will debut at PlayStation Store for just $19.99.

It's hard to believe that it's been almost an entire decade since Runic Games unveiled the original Torchlight game on PC. This beloved little dungeon crawler first burst onto the scene right when hack'n'slash ARPGs were at the height of popularity. Torchlight captured the hearts of gamers across the world with its charming art style, earth shattering combat, lavish loot drops and unique pet system (Who could forget that ferocious little ferret?). These signature elements were incorporated into the game's sequel in 2012, which finally introduced a way for Torchlight fans to party up with their friends in combat.

Now for the first time ever, PS4 players can experience the magic of Torchlight in a new version of Torchlight II that has been developed exclusively for consoles. Panic Button has redesigned its console user interface to help players navigate through the sprawling continent of Vilderan with ease. In addition, the team has developed a new targeting system and an intuitive control scheme for PS4 controllers that makes combat feel even more powerful. In the true spirit of Torchlight II, players can team up with their friends on PSN to wipe out hordes of monsters, complete challenges and earn new PS4 Trophies.

We're excited for PlayStation.Blog readers to be the very first to learn that we will be releasing a brand new pet, exclusively for PS4! When Torchlight II launches on September 3, PS4 players will automatically unlock the Faerie, an enchanting new pet that is brand-new to the Torchlight universe.

Last edited:

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I own it already on steam, but tempted to buy it again on Switch.. Fuck! theres too much to buy on the switch around these times. im gonna be broke.

May 9, 2018
Hmm. I've tried to play it millions of times on the PC w/ the Synergy mods but it never clicks (I say that as I've already devoted a ton of time of Path fo Exile).

Unsure if I'll rebuy and play it for real.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Ha, that's a great trailer!

It's so awesome that this is on modern consoles. It's way too good to be forgotten especially when the genre is killing it right now.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Astral Chain
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
Torchlight 2
DAEMON x MACHINA
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Dragon Quest XI S

All coming out on Switch within one month

Christ publishers pace yourself

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
What happened to that other Torchlight game that was announced? Also this seems like such a late port. This should have come out on console at the beginning on the gen.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Please no I dont stop with that crap.

To be honest, when I saw this thread appear, and only list PS4, then see that you had created the thread, I immediately assumed you had sourced your info from the PS blog, and that that game was coming to other platforms as well. That's the only reason I even entered this thread, and my assumptions were confirmed accurate, which is why I posted the console announcement trailer listing the other platforms.

EH accidents happen I always update the OP right away if I get stuff wrong.
You updated the thread very quickly indeed, thanks.

OP
OP
Loudninja

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, when I saw this thread appear, and only list PS4, then see that you had created the thread, I immediately assumed you had sourced your info from the PS blog, and that that game was coming to other platforms as well. That's the only reason I even entered this thread, and my assumptions were confirmed accurate, which is why I posted the console announcement trailer listing the other platforms.

You updated the thread very quickly indeed, thanks.
Lol some yall know me so well :) I do better promise!

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Well yeah lol I just post what I see first its a convenient source of news.

All the rpgs announced at E3 was insane.
why? if theyre getting their info from a source they regularly visit, whats the harm? is this just a fanboy thing?

That news source is not impartial and might not relay all the information available (it is called a 'blog' afterall). This happened in this thread, but other threads as well. It creates an initial confusion that could be easily fixed if the OP Googled for the news to find an impartial news source.

That's just an idea, though. It's just that it happens a lot when people source PSblogs.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why? if theyre getting their info from a source they regularly visit, whats the harm? is this just a fanboy thing?
Its probably best to double check everywhere though. Or atleast review the information. The trailer posted is not even on PS channel. It doesn't say just one console and shows all the platforms at the end of the trailer.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
More or less just makes me sad Runic isn't still around for this stuff. Like this seems way to late and the entire Torchlight series should have been on console years ago

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
What?! Stealth killer announcement of E3 right here. I was disappointed that it never released at any point this generation after the original kind of came out pretty late on Xbox 360.

pdog128

Dec 16, 2017
Man, I love this game. Sunk sooo many hours into it on PC, not sure if I'll double-dip. But it was fun, for $20 it might be worth it just for the nostalgia trip.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, love to see this coming to Switch — and without a "Switch Tax". Will definitely grab this!

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Panic Button is porting this, right? Expecting 60fps @ native res on Switch. I hope they port first one too.

We're getting lots of Diablo like games on Switch these days. Marvel, Minecraft Dungeons, FFCC, RAD, Darksiders Genesis...

Astral Chain
Torchlight 2
DAEMON x MACHINA
Dragon Quest XI S

Don't forget AI Somnuim Files. I also expect one of these Resident Evil games to be dated for September.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Astral Chain
Torchlight 2
DAEMON x MACHINA
Dragon Quest XI S

August 30 - September 27