• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

membran

Oct 27, 2017
I guess there's no point in hoping that the controller support / UI will find its way back into the original PC version, right?

Deleted member 23965

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In for the Switch port. I have no idea why Runic made Hob instead of Torchlight 3. It was as bad an idea as Gearbox making their hero shooter instead of Borderlands 3.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
August 30 - September 27

Astral Chain
Dead by Daylight
Baldurs Gate
Baldurs Gate 2
Planescape Torment
Icewind Dale
DAEMON x MACHINA
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Dragon Quest XIS
Contra Rogue Corps
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Fifa 20
Torchlight 2

October 1 - October 31

Nothing
That's because September is giving you enough games to last you till 2020.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I really enjoyed Torchlight 1 and 2, but $20 for a port (I guess maybe a remaster of sorts?) of a 5+ year old game seems a bit excessive. I'm surprised they didn't make it F2P somehow.

Just looked it up.. nearly 7 years. I think I probably paid about $20-30 for it when it came out!

Sojiro

Jun 24, 2018
I love Torchlight II, and will be jumping in again on the Switch. Is there any mention of local co-op?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
YESSSS my 2013 ultrabook can't run this because of the measly 32mb of vram so I've been sad that I never got to play it much (purchased when my desktop gaming PC still worked).

I hope there's good IQ and performance on PS4 Pro. Gonna sink SO MUCH time into this.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Just completed a run of Torchlight on the hardest difficulty last week, it's a bloody good series.

You can grab both from the Humble Trove if you're subbed on Humble Monthly, ofc that'd be on PC.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Nice. I was just thinking yesterday about how nice it'd be to have an X-enhanced patch of Torchlight on Xbox One X, but this is even better.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
i thought this was torchlight frontiers at first and was crazy-hyped lol. will for sure check this out on switch.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Holy shit, I had no idea this was never released on console. Great game. I personally prefer it over Diablo 3.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Loved this on Steam (and the first) so will probably pick it up on Switch eventually but there's just too much out around then to grab it right away.

Switch is becoming a proper nice RPG machine

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
So has anyone played this? I'm level 17 and I still haven't got any gems to drop even though my equipment has empty slots. Wtf? Is my game bugged?

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
So has anyone played this? I'm level 17 and I still haven't got any gems to drop even though my equipment has empty slots. Wtf? Is my game bugged?
I'm gonna say yes, cause I'm level 14 and I've had around 8 to 10 drop. Have you been sacrificing enough goats to the god of RNG?

On a side note. I'm playing on PS4 and I'm having a great time. As soon as I saw Panic Button were doing the port - then I knew it would be in good hands.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
.The game is crazy buggy; I won't go near it until there's several patches. For starters, there's an NG+ bug where every time you start up your nag+ game it iterates one more "+" to your game. Then there's the HUGE oversight that You can only map as many skills as buttons on the controller; there's no "shift" button, like the original on the console, that allows for a whole second set of skills mapped. I've been reading it horribly limits builds for characters.

I've read lots of praise for Panic Button on these forums, but I don't know what else they've done. However, I really don't like what they've done here.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna say yes, cause I'm level 14 and I've had around 8 to 10 drop. Have you been sacrificing enough goats to the god of RNG?

On a side note. I'm playing on PS4 and I'm having a great time. As soon as I saw Panic Button were doing the port - then I knew it would be in good hands.
That's so weird? Is there a place I can check for sure I don't have any gems? Like I've gone to the two gem people in the first town and none of my items show I can slot gems to even though they have empty slots.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Switch version does not seem to hold that 60fps target all that much. It stutters quite a bit.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
That's so weird? Is there a place I can check for sure I don't have any gems? Like I've gone to the two gem people in the first town and none of my items show I can slot gems to even though they have empty slots.

Equipping gems is buried. You go into your armor screen(the one with the armor wheel around your character). Click on the icon under your feet an item bag or something I forget what it looks like. Inside there another wheel opens around your character and the one at around 10 o'clock let's you put gems in armor.

The two dudes in town are only there to destroy socketed gems so you can put better gems in those sockets. Or destroy armor so you can get the gems back and put them in something else.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Even on the PS4 Pro this game hitches when there's more than a few enemies in screen

Yeah well on Switch it happens without any enemy on screen, in the most quiet of places. It's like an evergoing stutter. It's not Titan Quest bad, but that's not saying much considering Titan Quest was playable, but baaaaaaaaaad overall, performance-wise.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
Equipping gems is buried. You go into your armor screen(the one with the armor wheel around your character). Click on the icon under your feet an item bag or something I forget what it looks like. Inside there another wheel opens around your character and the one at around 10 o'clock let's you put gems in armor.

The two dudes in town are only there to destroy socketed gems so you can put better gems in those sockets. Or destroy armor so you can get the gems back and put them in something else.
Oh i didn't know it was so buried! Thanks, kinda weird though why it would be so unintuitive but might explain why I can't find a way to equip them lol

Reaper55

Oct 25, 2017
Warning: On PS4 invite/friend co-op this is broken.

We were playing fine for about 25% of the boss trophies (just finished Ezrek Khan section). Then we logged out, on our next login.... We can't join each other's sessions. Get an 'error message', infinite loading screen, or when we do load in only one of us can see the other and the other is just teleporting around (player location data sent to other player on an inverval but nothing else). We restarted our internet, network, relaunched game, restarted ps4, nothing. We can connect fine to randoms online, but to each other it doesnt work.

Sucks.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Just noticed my Switch downloading an update for this so I had to check. They added in transmog and respec in the latest patch! You can now also swap weapon/ability sets on the fly too. For new players, they've overhauled their tips/tutorial system, and there are loading screen tips too now.

(full patch notes here)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Just noticed my Switch downloading an update for this so I had to check. They added in transmog and respec in the latest patch! You can now also swap weapon/ability sets on the fly too. For new players, they've overhauled their tips/tutorial system, and there are loading screen tips too now.

(full patch notes here)

that's huge and will allow experimentation as you level which is KEY for these games.