• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have experience living abroad (looking at abathimgape lol)? Gonna go to Korea this October and looking to live there for a few months but gotta get more info on it. Or if anyone knows good resources let me know.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any other source than a reddit post? I'm not diving into reddit if there is one buried in there somewhere

Oct 25, 2017
Where did this rain come from, the forecast said it would be clear tonight, I got caught in it leaving the Jays game!! Water was shooting out of the sewers, manhole covers were coming a bit off the road!!!!

dluu13

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
^ The early reports were very promising. There was an article about it a few months ago. The fact that hey aren't releasing any of the data showing that it's "failing" is telling. Besides, like th article said it was a pilot. They really need go the full 3 years to determine failure or success.

And she's flat out stupid to claim there was no chaos after the rain.

dluu13

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I agree. Besides that people weren't filing taxes, there was no evidence presented in the article to suggest failure. It's hard to see how failing to file taxes is a failure of the program anyway.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll be going to the University of Toronto as an undergrad in 3 weeks.

What bank would be best for a daily needs account? Just about all of the big five + HSBC seems to have programs/packets/special promotions for international students but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with student-oriented accounts. If not, I'd love to hear any general feedback about the banks as well (customer service, accounts, branch availability etc)

Oct 27, 2017

What bank would be best for a daily needs account? Just about all of the big five + HSBC seems to have programs/packets/special promotions for international students but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with student-oriented accounts. If not, I'd love to hear any general feedback about the banks as well (customer service, accounts, branch availability etc)
They're all probably going to be the same, to be honest.

Branch availability isn't going to be a problem either, if you're staying downtown. There's a big CIBC at the corner of Spadina and College - so basically right at the SW corner of the St. George campus. There's also a BMO up on the north end, near the St. George subway station. The other banks have branches that are a bit further, but certainly within walking distance, from campus.

dluu13

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON

If you are a student, you can get certain savings accounts for free where they waive the minimum balance requirement. I believe at bmo, it's called the plus plan. You will need to bring proof of enrollment every year.

Though imo if you have enough money to stick in a savings account and not touch it, then just start a TFSA and get some mutual funds or something.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Most of them do have programs of some sort to stay competitive. It makes them mostly blend together.

TD is pretty good in terms of branch office hours. They tend to be open for longer than other banks, so if you need to swing by a branch after office hours, they are more likely to be open. This doesn't matter if you just need to use an ATM though, since those can be used anytime.

Tangerine is pretty good in terms of rewards and fees, but they have no physical locations, so it's probably not the best place if you need to stop by an ATM and withdraw/deposit money now and then. They may be good as a secondary bank account for moving money around for bills and stuff.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone going to taste of danforth or Asian night market this weekend?

Deciding on going to one. Latter seems more interesting.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
I was near university of Toronto Scarborough campus and some dude ran up on me and said hes from Chicago and he needed money to fill up a Jerry can so he can get to his car that broke dow to drive to his wife cause her water just broke and the ambulance took her. I know it's a scam from past experience so I lied and said I had no money. It always seems to happen in this area. Kinda sad that people have to resort to doing this to get by. Anyone been in a similar situation.

wikitoups

Oct 31, 2017
So Canada cup will be in Toronto (Metro Convention center) this year, and I was wondering what there is to do if just get spectator pass (other than watching matches)?

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
So Canada cup will be in Toronto (Metro Convention center) this year, and I was wondering what there is to do if just get spectator pass (other than watching matches)?
You might be able to participate in casuals matches, and there are usually a couple booths set up for stuff to buy as well, but nothing major.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. Got a bit of a specific question here: my parents want to buy property to rent out in toronto. They are looking at a certain property (bot a condo) around dufferin

Im curious if anyone has any advice in this regard. I am doing my research but generally not sure if its a good idea to buy in toronto where prices already seem peaked

Any advice or guidance?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know The Fish Store on College burned down. That sucks. I'm calling an audible and getting a sandwich at P.J. Clucks next to The Royal right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario license plates suck. Mine's already chipping and I've only had them for a total of 3 days so far.

/quick vent

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone familiar with the parking panda service? Have I been under a rock to not know I could reserve a parking spot downtown instead of being terrified of driving around aimlessly.