• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Toronto |OT| A Song of Ice and Summer

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
The city has to plan more roads for that area and more transit. It is already chaos and that is a lot more people.
There's a relief road that runs behind the complex to connect park lawn to the Gardiner

And all the parking spots are connected so cars can exit on any side of the complex

They are projecting a drop in traffic and with the new layout, there will be less jams.

Can't forget the impact of GO station and LRT too

People will say but what about when Gardiner closes... But Lakeshore clogs in new Toronto too when Gardiner closes so it can't be prevented

Mars89

Nov 18, 2018
Idk if this the right place to ask, but I'm new to Toronto and am in need of a room to rent. If anyone is interested please PM me!

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, fuck everything about the TTC. Most garbage "service" this city has

They weren't loading commuters at pape. Instead they were supposed to go to the northwest corner of Pape and Danforth, but there were no TTC supervisor or attendants to guide people. Then there we no shuttle buses fast enough so there was just more and more people amassing at that corner to the point it spilled into the street and now there is a congestion because cars and buses can't move.

Who thought of this asinine way of dealing with shuttle buses? There was a TTC supervisor blocking the entrance of an empty shuttle bus at the station telling people they need to go to the corner.

Ok power outage may happen, but the moment the TTC knows that they need shuttle buses, every bus coming into the designated drop off station needs to stop where it's going and needs to turn into a shuttle bus to deal with the onslaught of passengers that are going to get off there, specially at rush hour. You can call in for others too but immediate action needs to be taken

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, fuck everything about the TTC. Most garbage "service" this city has

They weren't loading commuters at pape. Instead they were supposed to go to the northwest corner of Pape and Danforth, but there were no TTC supervisor or attendants to guide people. Then there we no shuttle buses fast enough so there was just more and more people amassing at that corner to the point it spilled into the street and now there is a congestion because cars and buses can't move.

Who thought of this asinine way of dealing with shuttle buses? There was a TTC supervisor blocking the entrance of an empty shuttle bus at the station telling people they need to go to the corner.

Ok power outage may happen, but the moment the TTC knows that they need shuttle buses, every bus coming into the designated drop off station needs to stop where it's going and needs to turn into a shuttle bus to deal with the onslaught of passengers that are going to get off there, specially at rush hour. You can call in for others too but immediate action needs to be taken
And on the first snow too, yikes

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Transit of the Year!!!!

well, i am kindaflabberghasted the rest of north america is so bad if that's the case lol. in general i like the TTC though, especially since i use it mostly during offpeak hours due to working nightshift.

Chouster

Oct 25, 2017
I was driving home the other day and was stuck behind a garbage truck. What happened was pretty unsettling. I was honked incessantly for not passing the garbage truck even though it seemed pretty unsafe. Even the TTC bus driver wouldn't wait. Am I in the wrong here?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I was driving home the other day and was stuck behind a garbage truck. What happened was pretty unsettling. I was honked incessantly for not passing the garbage truck even though it seemed pretty unsafe. Even the TTC bus driver wouldn't wait. Am I in the wrong here?

I was wondering if it was the Pape route and then saw the 72 bus. lol

I don't really know the actual rules of the road, but yeah, people just go around the trucks all the time on Pape because of the parked cars. I guess ideally you wouldn't be allowed to park on garbage pickup day, but it just seems like driving into the other lane is the only solution.