• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hyped that ramen place is opening up near me.

The ramen in Toronto is alright, but can't hold a candle to the places in Japan. This one looks promising though

Cripplegate

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I might try to hit A Silent Voice now that there are more screenings. Maybe.
I also really want to see The Killing of a Sacred Deer and I don't have a lot of free time over the next week.

shadowkat

Oct 25, 2017
Car lives again! It was only the battery. Will keep on driving until it experiences the true death.

Deleted member 13506

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada

23231527_10105631104758002_8497659240221262548_n-640x640.jpg

Quite the pose. Intentional?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I might try to hit A Silent Voice now that there are more screenings. Maybe.
I also really want to see The Killing of a Sacred Deer and I don't have a lot of free time over the next week.
It's weird because I don't think it's a good adaptation, but I also want to I support it.

----

Also I guess scotiabank theatre converted the lobby to VR rooms now. It's so weird.

doctorcdcs

Oct 25, 2017
(just to preface, I work for a very, VERY small startup. Our current size is about 3-4 people.)

The big boss wont' be in as he has to attend to some meetings.. okay. sure.

Getting ready for work, and I get a text from one of my bosses saying he won't be able to come in today. "Aw man, wish I could take today off", I said to myself.

I then get a message from a senior co-worker that he'll be working from home today. My heart skipped a beat, but I continued to get ready.

And then........ it happened.

The boss who messaged me earlier sends me another text saying that I might as well take the day off since almost nobody will be in today.

Guess who's going back to bed?

THIS GUY IS

UNINTENTIONAL LONG WEEKEND WWOOO

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
(just to preface, I work for a very, VERY small startup. Our current size is about 3-4 people.)

The big boss wont' be in as he has to attend to some meetings.. okay. sure.

Getting ready for work, and I get a text from one of my bosses saying he won't be able to come in today. "Aw man, wish I could take today off", I said to myself.

I then get a message from a senior co-worker that he'll be working from home today. My heart skipped a beat, but I continued to get ready.

And then........ it happened.

The boss who messaged me earlier sends me another text saying that I might as well take the day off since almost nobody will be in today.

Guess who's going back to bed?

THIS GUY IS

UNINTENTIONAL LONG WEEKEND WWOOO

What a dream, congrats. Still got a day of work ahead of me, but I can taste the weekend.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
They're supposed to give out posters for A Silent Voice, but I expect they'll run out tonight. lol

Also I did some research and the "IMAX VR" set up seems to be a bunch of HTC Vives with games you can already buy on Steam. I guess if you just wanted to try VR for 10 minutes, it's an option, but man, what a scam. lol

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
lol

well, I'll give them points for creativity. they're not making money from movie ticket sales anymore so have to find some other way to fleece customers.
It's the first thing you see when you go in. I guess they're expecting people who are early to want to try some VR before going upstairs.
(It's weird that they didn't put it the Y&D location though, since it's probably the better location of the two.)

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Somewhere out there amongst the the stars and the vast universe, but occupying the same city as us, a generic Asian dude who also happens to be cranky & hate the TTC, is cursing #TeamCold

Stay stronk

This is my parents first winter in Toronto/Ontario in general since moving back from Dubai. Will be interesting to see how they cope.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What's the best thing to order from Home of Hot Taste? Might be getting dinner from the Thornhill location tonight.

zroid

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

The rice balls are a nice treat. I always order some.

I didn't end up going but thanks for the tips, lol. I'll probably do it next week instead.

Got my flu shot, with a Shoppers Drug bandaid lol.

Aw yeahhh. I had a No Frills band-aid :P

They also gave me a sugar free lollipop, which I gave to my mom since she's diabetic.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since I started driving regularly, I make note of every aftermath of a car accident I see and check if it's mentioned on CP24 or whatnot. Saw a car flipped right on Leslie and York Mills a couple of hours ago. Thankfully it didn't seem to result in any fatalities.

Does anyone else do this?

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
http://www.metronews.ca/views/toron...lliott/2017/11/12/long-live-the-new-king.html

Anyone been on King Street yet? Starting this week, all traffic must turn right at all intersections. You can drive as far as one block on King before you have to get off King.

I get that progress doesn't all look the same, and isn't always in large jumps, but this is lipstick on a pig again.

The pilot is, at the very least, a hopeful signal from the TTC and the politicians at City Hall that the status quo for streetcar riders is unacceptable, and that things need to get better.

The street car status quo?!? What about the rest of the abysmal system? The overall status quo is that of a 3rd world country, and citizens shouldn't be subjected to this shit when we pay so much in tax and fares.

TTC need to change up management again. They're defending garbage to keep their jobs as if people don't notice what a shit show things are nearly every fucking day. The pigs all have plenty of lipstick, and it's time for real changes. I feel like if the TTC would call it like it actually is, things may have a chance to improve overtime. Instead, we are playing some PR game.

If it's going to be a complete mess, let's double down and stop charging fares.

Edit: The fact that ideas like this not only haven't been implemented, but are all but opposed by the TTC speaks volumes:
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tr...cates-call-for-two-hour-transfers-on-ttc.html

Edit2: We should give the TTC another award for this: http://www.680news.com/2017/11/13/r...ks-path-of-bus-that-was-too-crowded-to-board/

After waiting for the bus for up to 30 minutes in the cold, and then being told it was too crowded to board, one Toronto woman took her impromptu protest straight to the street on Friday night.

She's my hero.

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm curious how bad Front, Wellington, Adelaide, and Richmond have been so far because of this King St experiment.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Adelaide seems busier than usual but not horrible, though I'm probably not near the busier sections.