• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
thought this might be a good place to ask, I'm flying from Toronto to Montreal, does anyone know the rules regarding brining marijuana on domestic flights? Having a hard time finding something definitive. I don't want to run into any issues, but I'll be there a week and also kinda sorta need to bring some.

MrTowel

Oct 25, 2017
thought this might be a good place to ask, I'm flying from Toronto to Montreal, does anyone know the rules regarding brining marijuana on domestic flights? Having a hard time finding something definitive. I don't want to run into any issues, but I'll be there a week and also kinda sorta need to bring some.

From the Porter site:
Those travelling domestically within Canada are permitted to carry cannabis within the legalized personal possession limits (up to 30 grams). This is subject to requirements that may be introduced by authorities. When you are travelling within Canada, it is your responsibility to learn the laws of the province you are going to.
Cannabis must be kept stowed in carry-on luggage at all times and cannot be consumed, rolled or otherwise exposed to the cabin or other passengers at any time.

Don't know whether the policy might be different depending on the airline.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody received a strange, text message just today by some random named "Sue" from Ontario Strong and asked a consent question about carbon tax and sort of like that?

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
I am FINALLY moving to Toronto next month! Landing on the 13th and will be staying with a friend's brother in Oakville initially till I find a place in the city. Pretty excited about the move, but also anxious and nervous as fuck about finding a condo. The fact that I don't know anyone in the city and that everyone in the Toronto branch of my office work in completely different units of my company (and are therefore mostly much older) is also a concern. But still, super excited overall! I'll probably be swinging by around here much more often now for advice and stuff!

dluu13

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
We have meetups regularly. Keep an eye out for the threads if you want to meet some chill people. (We also announce it here and on the Discord)

Oct 25, 2017
Bump for heads up if you want to go visit Sidney Hall tonight for donating KyoAni's Liz and the Blue Bird. I'll be attend there soon.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I needed a place to rant, but fuck Toronto has the worst drivers, and I don't mean those that almost kill me on a daily basis when turning right at a light (wtf, when the light turns green with a walk symbol, that doesn't mean gun it to beat pedestrians). This is about basic fucking respect for emergency vehicles .

I was at Sheppard and warden waiting for a bus and I see an ambulance coming West to East blaring the siren and lights the whole way. Even when it was at the intersection there were still cars trying to cross North and South. When the ambulance finally tried to push through the intersection a Rav 4 slams his break and stops right in the middle of the intersection as the ambulance goes by

Like it's really getting out of hand. This is not the first time I've seen emergency vehicles have to dodge intersection traffic cause drivers can't stop.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it's got permanent giant dandelion seeds coming out of it.

And I'm trying to figure out the geography of that background and I'm mighty confused. It looks like the CN Tower leapfrogged over the Dome and got stuck somewhere beside Cityplace?

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Hey, are there any places around Ryerson that have good food? I have 4 hour breaks so I need to fill out time somehow.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, are there any places around Ryerson that have good food? I have 4 hour breaks so I need to fill out time somehow.
Are you a student?

Burrito Boys is best for cal and yumminess per dollar. Alternative options for that is probably Chipotle or Basil Box. If you go to Basil Box, be sure to use the Foodora 50% off until September 15th to save some money.

Five Guys is pricier but the best burger in town.

For sit-down places I'd recommend walking further from the area but the Paramount Fine Foods nearby is great.

Ryerson is surrounded by so many restaurants you can literally eat at a different place every day for a month or two.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Are you a student?

Burrito Boys is best for cal and yumminess per dollar. Alternative options for that is probably Chipotle or Basil Box. If you go to Basil Box, be sure to use the Foodora 50% off until September 15th to save some money.

Five Guys is pricier but the best burger in town.

For sit-down places I'd recommend walking further from the area but the Paramount Fine Foods nearby is great.

Ryerson is surrounded by so many restaurants you can literally eat at a different place every day for a month or two.

Yes, I am a first year student but my schedule is messed up so I have some time left even I finish all homework/assignments. Thanks for recommendations, people.

Earthstrike

Oct 28, 2017
Guys, need some transit help here. I just started a new job downtown and it's essentially right by city hall, (483 bay street, but really the building is right by albert and james street. What's the fastest way to get to and fro from union station? Will the subway at eaton's centre reliably do it? Basically my timing windows to catch go trains are going to be tight and I don't want to lose half an hour waiting for the next go train each day.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a bus from Bay and Queen to Bay and Front. It's like a 5 minute bus ride.
But if you want the most reliable way to get to Union station, you should walk. Take the PATH if it's cold outside.

dluu13

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
Not sure about the right side of the Line 1 because I take the left side of Line 1, which is very reliable in my experience.

But walking is most reliable.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
North-south line can be terrible during rush hour, so YMMV. But I assume getting on at Union means at least you'll be able to get on the train. You can also take the #6 bus north as mentioned above, but not sure what the buses are like in that case.
Walking really depends on your speed... but 15 minutes maybe? It's only 3 stops so it's not that far.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, I got emotional watching that.
I hope they do get the funding needed for extra safety measues like the platform gates.

I remember I've been approached twice for looking troubled lol. I wasn't suicidal, just being kinda weird. one time i was at the LRT platform really late, not knowing the last train had loooooong gone. At some point (maybe half an hour into waiting lol), a worker came to ask me if I was alright. Whoops!

Second time was at the Spadina-University walkalator (long flat conveyor belt between transfers from university line to bloor line that has now since been removed). I was lazy and was staring at the handrail checking the timing of the rail compared to the conveyor belt (which was off a bit lol) and must have been looking catatonic so a stranger approached and asked me if something was wrong.

Embarassed as I was for troubling them, it was nice to know people care and do try to help sometimes. I want to be a helpful person too, but I have to admit I do tend to be lost in my own world or avoidant of social interaction with people in general.

1o_0l

Nov 15, 2017
Yes, I am a first year student but my schedule is messed up so I have some time left even I finish all homework/assignments. Thanks for recommendations, people.

I didn't see Salad King on any of the posted lists, try them if you're in the mood for Thai. Just remember to take them seriously on how spicy their stuff can be...

Edit: almost forgot about Santouka! Can get a decent bowl of ramen there :D

Last edited:

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Embarassed as I was for troubling them, it was nice to know people care and do try to help sometimes. I want to be a helpful person too, but I have to admit I do tend to be lost in my own world or avoidant of social interaction with people in general.
I'm mostly a head down type of person myself, but I guess you just never know and should be prepared to at least notify someone if you see something if not intervene directly.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see Salad King on any of the posted lists, try them if you're in the mood for Thai. Just remember to take them seriously on how spicy their stuff can be...

Edit: almost forgot about Santouka! Can get a decent bowl of ramen there :D
I didn't know salad king was still there. I guess I rarely walk down that side of the street around Ryerson anymore.

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
Would love to have a day in my lifetime where I can vote my values instead of voting to keep someone out of power.

But... yay?

I am honestly ok with the possibility of a coalition.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
So the kraft bakery master plan is in... and holy shit humber bay shores is going to have a city core if it goes through. It's MASSIVE!

https://imgur.com/a/gw9ySRz

Like holy shit... Mimico is going BIG there's like 4-7 200~ meter high proposals in there

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think about if Toronto were ever targeted by a nuclear missle it'd be better to live outside of the core but damn, what if they "missed" and under/over shot the core and ended up hitting you anyway?
No? Just me? lol